By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ruh-Roh ... GameSpot Gives ZombiU A 4.5?

Heavenly_King said:
dahuman said:
Heavenly_King said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Heavenly_King said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Heavenly_King said:
I expected this. the graphics suck, and the gameplay did not look like anything revolutionary. And having to watch the damn controller screen instead of the TV is annoying.

Graphics aren't everything.

Gameplay doesn't have to revolutionary to be awesome (check your avatar).

Watching the controller while you're being hunted by zombies is the point. It's supposed to be annoying, unnerving, and disorienting.

Well, considering the fact that when you play a game you want to have fun, there is your reason for the score.

Surely you've played Silent Hill or Resident Evil 2? Or Doom 3 or BioShock? Or Eternal Darkness or Dead Space? Or one of dozens of horror games designed to disorient, disturb, frustrate, and frighten? I totally understand if you don't like the sub-genre, but it's not fair to say that a game that handicaps its users to create a frightful experience automatically deserves a low score.

In none of those games I felt annoyed, unnerved or disoriented.     Maybe intrigued or clueless, of what should I do at a certain moment; but defenitely not annoyed nor angry or disoriented.   I have had lots of fun in those games.   Sub-genre games, are still games and their main purpose is to bring fun.

So you've completed Zombie U single player to 100% on hardest mode, mastered the MP already? You must teach me the secrets to time travel.

Regarding ZombieU, I just said that having to watch controller screen, instead of the TV is annoying as hell and the graphics  suck (based on the videos textures are very bad).

Graphics doesn't make the game, you can take that from a PC gamer like me who has the bestest graphix zomg. You only use the controller for inventory or work on locks while gazing at your TV for fuckers after you(and shit, you can use it for sniping, that's like a FPS dream, I played the Nintendo Land Zelda mini-game and it worked great when I was the archer with the tablet), it's actually good for immersion, dual screen isn't something new and has been around since the first DS release. People just don't like change in general, they want their comfy spot and don't want to accept new things because it confuses them until they can get used to it.

Console gamers can be the biggest whinners sometimes, not talking strictly about you, I've been using more than 3 displays on my PC for years and office jobs have dual screen setup a lot of the times, albeit some older people don't like more than 1, well, they are old, but still, more than one display to pay attention to is not something new nor is it game breaking. It's only bad when it's used badly, and I don't see it being used badly in Zombie U yet in the previews, but I'll find out soon enough and post my thoughts on it.

Around the Network
Argh_College said:
i knew this game would disapoint...

im not expeting much from 3rd party Nintendo exclusives, i only trust in Nintendo to make the best games out there such as Zelda and Metroid.

Bitch you better not talk shit about Platium Games or Bayonetta 2, I'll cut you!

UH OH SPAGHETTIos!

Just one review...Everyone remain calm, don't panic!!!!

Heavenly_King said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Heavenly_King said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Heavenly_King said:
I expected this. the graphics suck, and the gameplay did not look like anything revolutionary. And having to watch the damn controller screen instead of the TV is annoying.

Graphics aren't everything.

Gameplay doesn't have to revolutionary to be awesome (check your avatar).

Watching the controller while you're being hunted by zombies is the point. It's supposed to be annoying, unnerving, and disorienting.

Well, considering the fact that when you play a game you want to have fun, there is your reason for the score.

Surely you've played Silent Hill or Resident Evil 2? Or Doom 3 or BioShock? Or Eternal Darkness or Dead Space? Or one of dozens of horror games designed to disorient, disturb, frustrate, and frighten? I totally understand if you don't like the sub-genre, but it's not fair to say that a game that handicaps its users to create a frightful experience automatically deserves a low score.

In none of those games I felt annoyed, unnerved or disoriented.     Maybe intrigued or clueless, of what should I do at a certain moment; but defenitely not annoyed nor angry or disoriented.   I have had lots of fun in those games.   Sub-genre games, are still games and their main purpose is to bring fun.

OK I guess I have to take your word on that. As for me, I get scared and anxious playing scary games. I think that's the point of them. Maybe we should just agree to disagree, because I don't think we're making much forward progress here.

I hate to say I told ya so. People need to like at studio track records. That's the easiest way to pre-determine of a game is going to be good.

Around the Network
HulkWasRight said:
I hate to say I told ya so. People need to like at studio track records. That's the easiest way to pre-determine of a game is going to be good.

from Wikipedia:

Not every game is a system seller but I don't see too many 4.5s in this list...

Games developed

GameYear of developmentPlatforms
Rayman 1995 PlayStationAtari JaguarMicrosoft WindowsSega Saturn
Rayman 2: The Great Escape 1999 Nintendo 64Microsoft WindowsDreamcastPlayStationPlayStation 2
Rayman Arena 2001 PlayStation 2Microsoft WindowsNintendo GamecubeXbox
Beyond Good & Evil 2003 PlayStation 2Microsoft WindowsXboxNintendo Gamecube
Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie 2005 PlayStation 2XboxNintendo GameCubeMicrosoft WindowsXbox 360PlayStation Portable
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2006 Game Boy AdvanceWiiPlayStation 2Microsoft WindowsNintendo DSXbox 360
Rabbids Go Home 2009 WiiNintendo DSMicrosoft Windows
From Dust 2011 Microsoft WindowsXbox Live ArcadePlayStation NetworkGoogle Chrome
The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn 2011 Microsoft WindowsiOSAndroidNintendo 3DSPlayStation 3PlayStation PortableWiiXbox 360
Rayman Origins 2011 PlayStation 3WiiXbox 360PlayStation VitaMicrosoft WindowsNintendo 3DS
ZombiU 2012 Wii U
Rayman Legends 2013 Wii U
Beyond Good & Evil 2 TBA TBA

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

dahuman said:
Argh_College said:

im not expeting much from 3rd party Nintendo exclusives, i only trust in Nintendo to make the best games out there such as Zelda and Metroid.

Bitch you better not talk shit about Platium Games or Bayonetta 2, I'll cut you!

oh im sorry im sorry dont hurt me :c

To people bringing up the Skyward Sword review, yes, 7.5 is a good score.

The problem wasn't the score. The problem was that the reviewer criticized the game's IR controls for not working very well. There is just one problem with this: Skyward Sword doesn't use IR controls. Not once. And it wasn't just a slip of the tongue; he described, in detail, how he was using the controls, and he was using them as though they were IR-based. The guy played the entire game wrong, without stopping to learn the controls, in a game that tells you how to use every item as you find them.

It was a disaster of a review. It's a wonder Tom McShea still has a job at GameSpot. You see, we weren't being petty and complaining about the review "ruining the metascore," because honestly, it probably didn't move the metascore at all. The issue was that the guy literally didn't know what he was talking about. It was just a bad review.

The ZombiU review sounds like they gave the game to the wrong guy, but at least he understands how to play it.

ZombiU is Red Steel all over again: promising title with lots of good intent, but without the budget and manpower behind it to really deliver.

Argh_College said:
dahuman said:
Argh_College said:

oh im sorry im sorry dont hurt me :c