By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2012 Discussion Thread: FINISH YOUR LISTS

Veknoid_Outcast said:

Hey badgenome, have you tried out Star Fox Command? If you like the original game and Star Fox 64, you might like Command. It's not on rails, but it's pretty good!

I haven't, actually. I'll have to check it out sometime.

Around the Network

Hint for game #46 (ConeGamer is ahead for some reason :P)

Yes?

What is it?

Yes milord.

What?

Okay.

Ready to serve.

Job's done!

What? More work?

I don't want to do this.

I'm not listening!

Smeags said:
Hint for game #46 (ConeGamer is ahead for some reason :P)

Yes?

What is it?

Yes milord.

What?

Okay.

Ready to serve.

Job's done!

What? More work?

I don't want to do this.

I'm not listening!

Too easy! Warcraft II

Signature goes here!

#46: If you open that box, there's bound to be 67 kazillion things inside it.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

badgenome said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Hey badgenome, have you tried out Star Fox Command? If you like the original game and Star Fox 64, you might like Command. It's not on rails, but it's pretty good!

I haven't, actually. I'll have to check it out sometime.

I'd actually advise against that, convoluted dreck. One of the storylines literally ends with Fox and Falco going off to join F-Zero, and there's a lot of story dickery about Krystal jumping ship to join Star Wolf.

Am i the only one that really liked Star Fox Assault? I felt that provided a good framework for future sequels, as the ground missions weren't that bad (better than, say, Rogue Squadron 3's ground missions. A little tedious and uninspired, but not actively bad). Command wrote the story into a corner and Adventures was just a spinoff, but Assault was a genuinely good game.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:

I'd actually advise against that, convoluted dreck. One of the storylines literally ends with Fox and Falco going off to join F-Zero, and there's a lot of story dickery about Krystal jumping ship to join Star Wolf.

How does it play? I can't say I care much about the story.

badgenome said:
Mr Khan said:

How does it play? I can't say I care much about the story.

Depends on what you want. All of the combat was more like Star Fox 64's "All Range Mode" involving you destroying enemies in a free-roaming battle space. The "Command" aspect came in because each stage was actually a level map, and your fighters would move over the map, as would enemy groups in a turn-based fashion. The enemies would either move to attack you or the Great Fox, and you had to intercept them before they got to the Great Fox or some other target. The kicker was that you had a limited amount of "Battle Time," that held over between battles (so you could have, say, 4 minutes total battle time for the whole level, across fights) which you could recover via pickups from some enemies, so you had incentive to kill the enemies as quickly as absolutely possible.

So if you're into something resembling resource management, then Command would be great fun for you. If you disliked All Range Mode in lieu of StarFox's rail shooter segments, then this game isn't for you.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Smeags said:
(ConeGamer is ahead for some reason :P)

Ugh, I did my last one really late last night which actually turned out to be today...so I've done two in one. Just won't update tomorrow; fixed.

And you're correct pezus. Well done.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Mr Khan said:

Am i the only one that really liked Star Fox Assault? 

Star Fox Assault is one of only two Star Fox games I have played, the other being Adventures.  I did not enjoy Adventures.  I did enjoy Assault.  Short, but incredibly enjoyable for what was there.

I have a feeling that Lylat Wars fans didn't much care for Assault (so I may be wrong); but viewing it on its own without any previous experience of the franchise, I definitely thought it was a lot of fun.

Mr Khan said:

Depends on what you want. All of the combat was more like Star Fox 64's "All Range Mode" involving you destroying enemies in a free-roaming battle space. The "Command" aspect came in because each stage was actually a level map, and your fighters would move over the map, as would enemy groups in a turn-based fashion. The enemies would either move to attack you or the Great Fox, and you had to intercept them before they got to the Great Fox or some other target. The kicker was that you had a limited amount of "Battle Time," that held over between battles (so you could have, say, 4 minutes total battle time for the whole level, across fights) which you could recover via pickups from some enemies, so you had incentive to kill the enemies as quickly as absolutely possible.

So if you're into something resembling resource management, then Command would be great fun for you. If you disliked All Range Mode in lieu of StarFox's rail shooter segments, then this game isn't for you.

Sounds pretty intriguing. Q-Games always makes good stuff. Maybe some day. Though if I feel a Star Fox itch I'm more likely to just snag a 3DS and Star Fox 64 3D.