By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2012 Discussion Thread: FINISH YOUR LISTS

lestatdark said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
I'm hesitant to reveal my clue for #46 with Sherlock Miz around, but here goes ;)

This game has a castle, archers, ruins, swordsmen, and a loyal dog companion, but it's not a role-playing game.

Castle Crashers? 

Nope :)

@miz

Not Fable.

@Peelman

Not Age of Empires, either. It's neither an RPG nor a strategy game.

Around the Network
miz1q2w3e said:
S.Peelman said:
miz1q2w3e said:
My 46th game hint: People might be surprised it's so low on my list (most people have it in their top 10). I only played the remake of it x_x

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

haha that's gotta be a record. One minute!

Correct!

I have it as my 50th

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

47. New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Wii)

New Super Mario Bros. Wii marked the return of 2D Mario to a home console after a lengthy absence. The game introduced the ability for up to four players to play at once, but it was still the single player option that I focused on. Outside of that multiplayer option, there wasn't really anything greatly different from its predecessors, but as it had been so long since Super Mario World (or Yoshi's Island depending on how you count that), simply being able to play another game in the series on a home console was welcome enough.

My 46th game is a sequel to a classic. Sort of.

VGChartz

My 47th is a dirty classic from the 90s, from a co. that went out of business because of a Dream

#47 - Portal 2 (PC)

Nobody recognised my reference to "The part where he kills you" :(.  Portal 2 was, in some respects, a dissapointing game.  After the enjoyable but brief outing in Portal 1, I still felt let down by Portal 2's 6 hour playthrough.  But what a 6 hours they were.  Atmospheric, challenging, amusing and gorgeous to look at.  And the co-op mode played with a friend was absolutely sublime - again, I wish there was more of it, but what was there was just phenomenal.

Clue for my #46 - A game featuring the original Playstation's second 'mascot'; the first in the series not to have ring outs.  Not sure anyone will get this, but kudos if you do :)

Around the Network
Kresnik said:

Clue for my #46 - A game featuring the original Playstation's second 'mascot'; the first in the series not to have ring outs.  Not sure anyone will get this, but kudos if you do :)

Battle Arena Toshiden 3? 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Wow, this thread is way bigger than I thought!

Reading

DieAppleDie said:
My 47th is a dirty classic from the 90s, from a co. that went out of business because of a Dream

Was the company SEGA? ...I have no idea what the game is.

Sega rally

lestatdark said:

Battle Arena Toshiden 3? 

Wow man, you're good! :D