By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2012 Discussion Thread: FINISH YOUR LISTS

Welcome to the Discussion Thread!

December 30th (Game #1)

Click Here For the Official Thread

Click Here For the Sign-Up Thread

The purpose of the Discussion Thread is to discuss and talk about our own top 50 games as well as other poster's top 50 games. Here's a couple of rules:

• All discussion is to be posted in this thread. The Official Thread is only for posting our lists.
  • I encourage everyone to ask questions and spark discussion. These are our favorite games of all time after all, and don't be shy to tell others why a certain game is so great... or to ask another user why his/her game made it on the list. The more discussion the better!
  • That said, please keep things civil and fun. There's no point in flaming others or trolling a certain game.

Other than that, feel free to talk about anything and everything! Have fun! ^_^

Links:

Around the Network

My mystery game was released in 2009... and the final boss was lackluster.

^ If you want to play that game, then my 50th will be a game that had it's sequel released recently.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Smeags said:
My mystery game was released in 2009... and the final boss was lackluster.

Arkham Asylum!!

All I'll say is that my 50th game takes place in the same year a famous president was elected.

Around the Network

My 50th game is from a very famous series, which was once great and which has now gone to crap.

I think one particular (earlier) entry in the series will feature heavily in these lists, and I love that game myself, but it didn't make my top 50. This one, however, just about did. It was the second last good game in the series to date, and I do not see the series improving in the near future.

Guesses?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

I feel that it's either a final fantasy game or a resident evil game. Am I close or way off?

techhunter80 said:

I feel that it's either a final fantasy game or a resident evil game. Am I close or way off?

Way off. I'm not really a fan of either series, but I can see how my description applies to them.

I'm tempted to give more details, but that would make it too easy

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
My 50th game is from a very famous series, which was once great and which has now gone to crap.

I think one particular (earlier) entry in the series will feature heavily in these lists, and I love that game myself, but it didn't make my top 50. This one, however, just about did. It was the second last good game in the series to date, and I do not see the series improving in the near future.

Guesses?

Silent hill

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

@Kantor

Spyro or Crash Bandicoot, would be my guess. Maybe even Sonic?

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David