By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2012 Discussion Thread: FINISH YOUR LISTS

hatmoza said:

Final Fantasy XIII. That game should be banned from this thread. Actually, the people who voted it should be banned too. Yes, ban outlawauron >:3

Impossible. I'm impervious to bans.

<3

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

were is the final result?

DieAppleDie said:
were is the final result?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=152246&page=1

link for you mr DieAppleDie or DAD for short :D

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

ganoncrotch said:
Michael-5 said:

Yea, I used to do that type of stuff, beating a game to it's true 100%, when I was younger, but after the Gold Skulltellas in Ocarina of Time, I and cheats in GTA, I found it useless. If only 1 great game came out a year, I would do it, but that is not the case. So in order not to sacrifice too many games, once I platnium a game, or get all the reasonable achievements in a game (Not going to get seriously in Gears, or beat Too Human what 2.5 times?), I'm good. I only beat a game twice if it's one of my absolute favorite games (Metroid Prime, Resident Evil 4, Mass Effect 2, etc).

I know how you feel about Fallout 3 though. You have so many valuable items, but not only do you not have any use for the caps, youre also limited on what you can carry. I bet this is why people spend hundreds of hours into a game like Skyrim/Oblivion, since you can buy houses to store equipment.

As for your image, why do you have 150 Gamecube games? I have 36 and already I feel I've got a few which I can live without fine. Still I feel for you, I have about 70 360 games and a dozen Wii and PS3 games. I just have no time, so instead of buying more games I never play, I limit myself nowdays. Unless I plan to play a game within 6 months, I don't buy it (Unless it's an old game at a garage sale or something). I'm probably going to sell 20-30 of my 360 games without putting much time into them, and it's all because I have better 360/Wii/PS3/PS2/PS1/etc games to beat. The logic is, the game will get cheaper the older it is, so if I change my mind, or nothing new comes out afterwards, I can pick it up for less.

My collection takes up about as much space as yours, but my collection is over 20 different platforms, that pic you sent me is just 2 platforms.

If you want, look at my profile, and then My Games. I took my time to put every game I have up there. Some I can't add to the collection, like Black 2, but most are there.

firstly to 1000pt too human you also need an achievement to collect 5000 aesir drops, which means weapons and armor drops on average you get around 3 of these per minute if you are going through stages quickly, it works out per playthrough you get just under 500 of these drops so yeah... you need to finish it a lot more times than 2.5 :D

As for the collection, that is just my Xbox360/GC shelf the reason there are so many GC games was I loved that so picked up almost everything for it during it's life. My complete list of consoles would be Atari 2600, NES, MasterSystem2, Megadrive 1/2, SNES, PS/PSone, Sega Saturn, N64, Dreamcast, PS2/PS2slim, GC, Xbox, Wii,Xbox360,Ps3slim and handhelds GBp/GBc, NeoGeo pocket color, GBA, GBA with an afterburner fitted, 2xGBAsp 1 is the zelda edition, GBAmicro, NokiaN-gage, NDSlite,Psp1000, 3DS All 100% working and with a full games collection on each one sitting next to their systems :D See that is the thing you sell stuff that you might not play again, Even after I've 100%'d a game sometimes multiple times I never sell anything there has been 1 or 2 very very rare exceptions to this rule.

I'll try and grab a few pics of my other stuff at a point and maybe make a thread titled "break into my house lol" :D but yeah lots of games + 3 story house for me and my missus who also loves games :) lots of nerdage stored in here.

What's a GBA fitted with an After Burner? OH nevermind, thats that backlight fitted before the GBA SP came out I have both the SP and GBA.

Also, I got a couple systems you don't :P. Virtual Boy, Gameboy (The fat old brick), the DS Fat, a PSP3000, a Sega CD, a Super Gameboy, a Gameboy Player (GCN attachment), and Game & Watch Ball. :P Actually I lied, I don't have a Virtual Boy, but I have 2 Virtual Boy games I bought as a kid not knowing wtf a Virtual Boy is.

For Too Human, yea...lol. I beat it 1.5 times and got to level 30 something. I think I got 800/1,000 and 80% is good enough for me .

I rarely sell games I beat and enjoy, but what about games you buy and just never have time for? I'm sure, like you, you have a couple dozen games you bought fairly new, and are now worth $5-10 and you never played them.

Lucky your wife/girl plays games. My gf plays games too, but not that intensely. She does have good taste though, with a particular liking towards XenoBlade, Skyward Sword and Lost Odyssey. In fact, I haven't played Skyward Sword yet just so she can beat it before me and so I don't tell her how to solve all the puzzles.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Michael-5 said:
ganoncrotch said:
Michael-5 said:

Yea, I used to do that type of stuff, beating a game to it's true 100%, when I was younger, but after the Gold Skulltellas in Ocarina of Time, I and cheats in GTA, I found it useless. If only 1 great game came out a year, I would do it, but that is not the case. So in order not to sacrifice too many games, once I platnium a game, or get all the reasonable achievements in a game (Not going to get seriously in Gears, or beat Too Human what 2.5 times?), I'm good. I only beat a game twice if it's one of my absolute favorite games (Metroid Prime, Resident Evil 4, Mass Effect 2, etc).

I know how you feel about Fallout 3 though. You have so many valuable items, but not only do you not have any use for the caps, youre also limited on what you can carry. I bet this is why people spend hundreds of hours into a game like Skyrim/Oblivion, since you can buy houses to store equipment.

As for your image, why do you have 150 Gamecube games? I have 36 and already I feel I've got a few which I can live without fine. Still I feel for you, I have about 70 360 games and a dozen Wii and PS3 games. I just have no time, so instead of buying more games I never play, I limit myself nowdays. Unless I plan to play a game within 6 months, I don't buy it (Unless it's an old game at a garage sale or something). I'm probably going to sell 20-30 of my 360 games without putting much time into them, and it's all because I have better 360/Wii/PS3/PS2/PS1/etc games to beat. The logic is, the game will get cheaper the older it is, so if I change my mind, or nothing new comes out afterwards, I can pick it up for less.

My collection takes up about as much space as yours, but my collection is over 20 different platforms, that pic you sent me is just 2 platforms.

If you want, look at my profile, and then My Games. I took my time to put every game I have up there. Some I can't add to the collection, like Black 2, but most are there.

firstly to 1000pt too human you also need an achievement to collect 5000 aesir drops, which means weapons and armor drops on average you get around 3 of these per minute if you are going through stages quickly, it works out per playthrough you get just under 500 of these drops so yeah... you need to finish it a lot more times than 2.5 :D

As for the collection, that is just my Xbox360/GC shelf the reason there are so many GC games was I loved that so picked up almost everything for it during it's life. My complete list of consoles would be Atari 2600, NES, MasterSystem2, Megadrive 1/2, SNES, PS/PSone, Sega Saturn, N64, Dreamcast, PS2/PS2slim, GC, Xbox, Wii,Xbox360,Ps3slim and handhelds GBp/GBc, NeoGeo pocket color, GBA, GBA with an afterburner fitted, 2xGBAsp 1 is the zelda edition, GBAmicro, NokiaN-gage, NDSlite,Psp1000, 3DS All 100% working and with a full games collection on each one sitting next to their systems :D See that is the thing you sell stuff that you might not play again, Even after I've 100%'d a game sometimes multiple times I never sell anything there has been 1 or 2 very very rare exceptions to this rule.

I'll try and grab a few pics of my other stuff at a point and maybe make a thread titled "break into my house lol" :D but yeah lots of games + 3 story house for me and my missus who also loves games :) lots of nerdage stored in here.

What's a GBA fitted with an After Burner? OH nevermind, thats that backlight fitted before the GBA SP came out I have both the SP and GBA.

Also, I got a couple systems you don't :P. Virtual Boy, Gameboy (The fat old brick), the DS Fat, a PSP3000, a Sega CD, a Super Gameboy, a Gameboy Player (GCN attachment), and Game & Watch Ball. :P Actually I lied, I don't have a Virtual Boy, but I have 2 Virtual Boy games I bought as a kid not knowing wtf a Virtual Boy is.

For Too Human, yea...lol. I beat it 1.5 times and got to level 30 something. I think I got 800/1,000 and 80% is good enough for me .

I rarely sell games I beat and enjoy, but what about games you buy and just never have time for? I'm sure, like you, you have a couple dozen games you bought fairly new, and are now worth $5-10 and you never played them.

Lucky your wife/girl plays games. My gf plays games too, but not that intensely. She does have good taste though, with a particular liking towards XenoBlade, Skyward Sword and Lost Odyssey. In fact, I haven't played Skyward Sword yet just so she can beat it before me and so I don't tell her how to solve all the puzzles.

ah I do actually have a Super game boy and the GBA adaptor for the GC that has to be the best way every to play warioware twisted and I think the actual reason the GC has a handle :D Never had an chance to date to get my hands on a virtua boy but I do like being able to see so I might leave it off :D just for the sake of having one maybe if I get the chance. Live in a fairly remote place on the south of Ireland so there isn't many really good retro game stores that aren't less than 4 hours away.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive