By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2012 Discussion Thread: FINISH YOUR LISTS

Kantor said:
My 50th game is from a very famous series, which was once great and which has now gone to crap.

I think one particular (earlier) entry in the series will feature heavily in these lists, and I love that game myself, but it didn't make my top 50. This one, however, just about did. It was the second last good game in the series to date, and I do not see the series improving in the near future.

Guesses?

Silent hill

Mega Men

Spliner Cell

Medal of Honor

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Around the Network
Kantor said:
My 50th game is from a very famous series, which was once great and which has now gone to crap.

I think one particular (earlier) entry in the series will feature heavily in these lists, and I love that game myself, but it didn't make my top 50. This one, however, just about did. It was the second last good game in the series to date, and I do not see the series improving in the near future.

Guesses?

Age of Mythology?

Slimebeast said:
Kantor said:

Guesses?

Age of Mythology?

There was only one game in that series

And it's on the list

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

KylieDog said:
Urgh, finding an order when some games are completely different is hard, doing it when across multiple generations is even harder.

To some extent it has to be arbitrary. You should have some sort of spectrum of "jaw droppingly incredible" to "truly excellent" in the top 50, and if you see a game and think "that's too high/low" just move it around.

SnakeDrake said:
Kantor said:

Guesses?

Silent hill

Mega Men

Spliner Cell

Medal of Honor

I am now beginning to realise just how vague my description was

No, none of those.

Added hint: this franchise has only one major competitor. Most people prefer the competitor, but I don't. It's too realistic.

Around the Network
Kantor said:
Slimebeast said:
Kantor said:

Guesses?

Age of Mythology?

There was only one game in that series

And it's on the list

Well I meant the Age series (AoE 2 will be featured on many lists) and that your particular game would be AoM.

Zelda?

I think I got it now...maybe.

• banjo kazooie
  • perfect dark
  • assassin's creed
  • sonic
  • battlefield

Kantor said:

I am now beginning to realise just how vague my description was

No, none of those.

Added hint: this franchise has only one major competitor. Most people prefer the competitor, but I don't. It's too realistic.

Pro Evo? 

My 50th game is the first game i felt validated my decision to get a 3DS. (That wasn't an N64 remake). Though this might be subject to change. 

pezus said:

@Kantor: Uhm...Warcraft? I have no idea

Well, Warcraft as an RTS franchise doesn't exist anymore.

But no, not Warcraft. Keep guessing if you like, but all will be revealed tomorrow and you'll either kick yourselves or say "hmm, I never would have thought of that".

SnakeDrake said:
Kresnik said:
My 50th game's release date (and subsequent sales) were heavily hit by a natural disaster (this might be too easy of a clue. Depends how much you guys know about it, I guess).

motorstorm apocalypse - And yes it is sad

Bingo :)