By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2012 Discussion Thread: FINISH YOUR LISTS

@ couple posts above. Mischief Makers is not on my list, but I also thought that was a really fun game! Nice to see it recognised.

axumblade said:

I was thinking Pitfall...but Atari aren't really that big anymore, so nevermind.

Mr Khan said:

Pitfall was Activision, not Atari. So there's the answer.

Pitfall! is correct.

It was indeed published by Activision, and if I'm not mistaken, was their first big game. It came out out in 1982, so that predates the Mario Bros. Arcade which is 1983. Donkey Kong was released in 1981, so it's not as old but Pitfall! would still be 'one of' the oldest platform games out there.

I figured people would mention Mario Bros. or Super Mario Bros. because they would be the obvious choice, but even though the other games mentioned (Alex Kidd, Mega Man, Sonic) could fit the description, you just didn't think back far enough!

Around the Network

My 46th game hint: People might be surprised it's so low on my list (most people have it in their top 10). I only played the remake of it x_x

miz1q2w3e said:
My 46th game hint: People might be surprised it's so low on my list (most people have it in their top 10). I only played the remake of it x_x

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Most people have that in their top 10, they would be surprised and recently their was the remake.

S.Peelman said:
miz1q2w3e said:

haha that's gotta be a record. One minute!

Correct!

My #47 (as guessed by axumblade) is Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones. For me, it's the best of the Sands of Time trilogy -- one of the greatest video game trilogies ever made. The game borrows elements from both its predecessors, and adds a few new mechanics. You get the acrobatics and puzzle-solving that define the series, plus new stealth fighting techniques and chariot stages. And a great story to boot.

Around the Network
miz1q2w3e said:
S.Peelman said:
miz1q2w3e said:

Correct!

I wouldn't be surprised, since I don't have it in my Top 10. I do have a Zelda game there, but it's far better and superior in any way to Ocarina of Time .

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

I'm hesitant to reveal my clue for #46 with Sherlock Miz around, but here goes ;)

This game has a castle, archers, ruins, swordsmen, and a loyal dog companion, but it's not a role-playing game.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
I'm hesitant to reveal my clue for #46 with Sherlock Miz around, but here goes ;)

This game has a castle, archers, ruins, swordsmen, and a loyal dog companion, but it's not a role-playing game.

Castle Crashers? 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Veknoid_Outcast said:

Fable?

miz1q2w3e said:
S.Peelman said:
miz1q2w3e said:

Correct!

Your Link avatar did the math for me .

Veknoid_Outcast said:

Age of Empires III.

The 'loyal dog companion' made me think of this game, the Explorer unit has a dog right?