By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2012 Discussion Thread: FINISH YOUR LISTS

BasilZero said:
#47 for me is another classic RPG released on the PSX, unfortunately the series did not see much light afterwards.

Saga Frontier?

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

I only played the first one. It was a cool game when you picked a human as your main character, otherwise it could get pretty boring.

Signature goes here!

X (50) Wii Fit Wii 2009 Fitness
X (46) Brian Lara Cricket PSOne 1998 Sport 
X (42) Harvest Moon:Friends Of Mineral Town GBA 2003 Farming Life
X (37) Destruction Derby 2 PSOne 1996 Destruction Derby
X (34) Pokemon Pinball: Shapphire/Ruby GBA 2003 Pinball

Games from last year that didn't make it this time.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

BasilZero said:

My #48 is.......

Although the game did come out originally for the PSX, I never got to play it but played it on the GBC version, a really good alternative game to the Pokemon series. I really enjoyed the game and spent countless hours on it. I feel like I should do a proper review for it and record it for my youtube channel, its been like 10 years since I last played it though!

I still remember waking up at 6am on the weekends just to play this XD. I give it a temporary 8.3 score.

I absolutely loved azure dreams to bits back when I got it and my brand new game boy color but my god as you work further into it and you encounter those enemies who could lvl you down whole lvls... that hurt this games position so much on my personal list checked there and it got it knocked down to 135th place :D but still sank almost pokemon lvls of time into it really really great but.... an rpg where you can be lvled down multiple times ughhhhhhhhh killer.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

BasilZero said:
ganoncrotch said:

I absolutely loved azure dreams to bits back when I got it and my brand new game boy color but my god as you work further into it and you encounter those enemies who could lvl you down whole lvls... that hurt this games position so much on my personal list checked there and it got it knocked down to 135th place :D but still sank almost pokemon lvls of time into it really really great but.... an rpg where you can be lvled down multiple times ughhhhhhhhh killer.

Challenge was awesome, I remember getting near the end of the game (or so I think - since I clocked like over 80 hours on it), unfortunately I did not finish it but I am hoping so in the future when I play both the PSX and GBC versions.

I never got to finish it either, I done the complete tower of what was it 50 stories or so I think you had to go up? but then there was a basement that was 100 stories down and those guys who lvl'd you down got more frequent.  The pain of how much exp it was to gain the higher lvls only to have it knocked off was such a ball breaker I stopped very heavy hearted. you gotta really love a game tho to still hate an enemy from it over 15 years ago :D

Edit - Popped up my 47th game not sure if I'll be around later on today but 3am here so it counts!

Golden Axe 1 on the megadrive, I mean I know it's a game that can be finished in under an hour, it has some of the dodgyest AI you'll ever catch in a game, but I felt that makes it so brilliant. I mean there are few games were you can stand at an angle to a hole in the ground and watch a horde of Skeletons, which would take some amount of beating to kill simply walk in a beeline towards you and down said hole :D it was great just perfect. I know they fixed the AI in Golden Axe 2+3 and made the enemies have more personality but it was just how amazingly dumb they were in the first that added to picking up your Axe and dwarve headbutting your way to death adders doorstep and smacking him upside the head.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

50: A.P.B. (Atari Lynx, 1991 Atari)

Takes a bit of time to figure out and get into, but then a neat little world of clever game play open up inside that tiny Lynx card .  A.P.B. is filled with personality and the voices are just so funny and perfect.

#47: Heaven is a Halfpipe

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

My #48 is Elite Beat Agents (as guessed by Miz. Miiiiiiiiz!!!). I often go back and forth between this game and New Super Mario Bros. as the best DS game. Elite Beat Agents in one of the more inventive, and definitely one of the funniest, games I've played. The game follows a trio of government agents who fly to the rescue of everyday people in need, using music and dancing to motivate them. Players must use the stylus to tap, drag, and rotate objects on the touch-screen in rhythm with one of sixteen pop or rock songs.

49: Defender Stargate (Arcade, 1981 Williams)

Veknoid_Outcast said:

My #48 is Elite Beat Agents (as guessed by Miz. Miiiiiiiiz!!!). I often go back and forth between this game and New Super Mario Bros. as the best DS game. Elite Beat Agents in one of the more inventive, and definitely one of the funniest, games I've played. The game follows a trio of government agents who fly to the rescue of everyday people in need, using music and dancing to motivate them. Players must use the stylus to tap, drag, and rotate objects on the touch-screen in rhythm with one of sixteen pop or rock songs.

Excellent game. Pure fun. It's coming on my list later.