By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
selnor said:
kowenicki said:
samuship said:
I'm considering it. But I played the demo of Halo Reach and I didn't like, the graphic was weak and the gameplay was average.

Well Halo 4 is, without any doubt, the best looking FPS of this gen. But if you don't like halo gameplay then you don't like halo gameplay. 

Yes. LOL.

Reach is certainly not Halo 4. Its visuals are really something. Stunning lighting. Unmatched by any game. Well not PC of course.

Yeah definitely doesn't compare with PC games but I have to say it may be the best looking console game I've ever played/  And yes I'm putting Uncharted in this list.  Both Uncharted and Halo 4 has a good color pallate and both look great.  I'd say they right now are the two best looking console games because of the artistic style they chose. 

Around the Network

Playing the campaign on Heroic, currently on the level Infinity having just met up with Commander Lasky. First level was rather tense, something about being adrift in space created a darker atnosphere, even though the enemies weren't unfamiliar. Reqiem and Forerunner weren't quite as entertaining, but this all changed when the Didact appeared. Unfortnately, I'm away over the weekend so I'm going to be left in suspence. Still amazed at how in games a rather slow start can really impact overall feel of a game. Assassin's Creed III's prologue was the same, but seems to make me enjoy the rest of it more.

Multiplayer wasn't quite what I was expecting. Definetely taken a lot of influences from Call of Duty, some good some bad. There is more sense in having the grenade danger indication in Halo than CoD due to the alternate focuses on sci-fi and realisim. Still getting used to the loadouts but they aren't so bad. Really don't like having a killcam in Halo, that should have been left in CoD/Battlefield, and the ordance drops are also annoying. Also, for some reason, the skies in the maps make me feel as though the maps are simulated. I know they are but its an odd change.

I was about to make a thread for Halo 4 impressions as well. I wanted to hear the community and not the reviewers.

Short introduction before I talk about the game itself, because I think it really matters for reviewing a game:

I finished a 6 day vacation trip with my girlfriend yesterday. I had no day off for the past 6 months and I really needed a break from work. So I came back, picked up the game at my mom's house (pre-ordered it there, so she can pick it up when I am not at home) and spend about 2-3 hours with it. As many of you know, I am a big supportet of BVB and they played the best club of the world yesterday as well. So I had to interrupt my gaming, watch the match at my mom's house again (she has PayTV) and watched the election afterwards. I won't have to go to work for the rest of the week, so my gaming-time will increase the next days.

So here are my impressions of the game itself:

I played the campaign on legendary, but before I got there I had to listen to the soundtrack first. It is just as awesome as the Halo games before. Just perfect and heads and shoulders above everything in this industry. The first big change I noticed were obviously the visuals. It starts with a CGI scene that is again the best I have ever seen in a video game. I actually thought MS hired actors for the cutscenes.

This is the opening cutscene and it is beautiful. The ingame graphics are pimped as well and it looks amazing. There are battles outside a ship, so gravity and physics are a factor of the game. While it doesn't really change your way through the game, it looks and feels so alive. The battlefields alone are huge and you can always find different ways through the mission just like Halo always did and everybody loved it for. Now imagine these battlefields with less gravity. Guns, bodies, all kind of objects are moving in the really big scenery and you are in it to fight your way through.

I caught myself just watching the view on the battlefield for a few moments. It looks stunning and feels alive.

Another major point for me is the sound. I spent more than 2.300 Euros (about 3k USD) for a Bose-soundsystem last year and playing Halo 4 on it just feels right. The gunsounds are brilliant. You really hear the power of these guns and grenades are even better.

So just from the technical standpoint, this game offers high quality from the very first minute and is the industry-leader in some aspects (sound, CGI). I have yet to play multiplayer, because I have to finish the campaign before. I always do that. So far it is exceeding my expectations and I can't wait for Halo 5 on more powerful hardware. I will have to leave in a couple of minutes, but I will play again later today for another 3-5 hours. I will give you an update.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

wfz said:
I would have bought this game if I could play it online for free. = I'll probably rent it sometime so I can play through the story at least. I'm rather bummed because I've been hearing great things about it.

You can still create a new LIVE account on your 360 and play 1 month for free. You should have enough time with the game then.

wfz said:
I would have bought this game if I could play it online for free. = I'll probably rent it sometime so I can play through the story at least. I'm rather bummed because I've been hearing great things about it.

My copy (and I assume all copies) came with a fourteen day Xbox Live voucher.  I'm never going to use it unless somebody comes over for Christmas that wants to play online but doesn't have a Gold account.  I was thinking of giving you the code but I had a change of heart (sorry).  Anyway, if you get the game, you'll get two weeks to fall in love with XBL for free.

Around the Network

^ Yeah, all copies come with a free 2 weeks of XBL gold.

User has been moderated for this post 

~tads12 

MLG Playlist all that matters!

Reach worst Halo Ever, Halo 4 Best Halo Ever!

The game is easily, by far the Game of the Year.

Best looking FPS by a clear mile.

Halo has never been as good. Just need to run through on Legendary now and play some more MP.

Quite surprised nobodies set up a "VGC plays Halo 4" yet, to be honest.

Aldro said:

I probably shouldnt do this but you guys mention Uncharted and best graphics etc console yada yada =>

Its a fucking amazing looking game, but due to the nature of it being open world => Comparing the pure visual fidelity of say the textures and what-not : It falls short in contrast to the very linear games such as Killzone and Uncharted.

Theres a lot of usage of CGI as well.

I mean have you even seen the character models in engine? Just compare the pre-renderd cutscenes to Uncharteds ingame.

I am not trying to take a hit at Halo 4. At what it does, it does very well. It completely and utterly destroys anything Bungie has done.

But would I say it even looks better then Crysis 2? Probably not.

But that is where you should put the comparison to. Both are somewhat sandbox-y.

I mean can you really completely outlook the fact that linear games simply CAN have more attention to detail than more open games?

You can be floored by the technical and aesthetic visuals, but by saying pure visually bar none -> That is just ...no.

The best looking game in my opinion on the 360 due to it being restricted and allowing the devs to put details into small areas is by far Gears of War 3.

Just my 2 cents into the whole graphic warfare shit that I love.

As for the game =
Its awesome!!!

All consoles are limited extremely.  The all look bad with a few examples of them looking somewhat good because they pushed the limits and did a few technical tricks to make it look better like Uncharted and Halo.  Crysis 2 was a technical mess with jaggies, framerate issues, buildings spawning out of no where, etc.  I think people are just excited because yes for a console game Halo 4 runs well and looks well and that is why it will get compared to Uncharted.  You compare it to a PC game and it gets obliterated.