By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: Halo 4 will sell 7,793,000+ in 2012

Tagged games:

man-bear-pig said:
sperrico87 said:
Guys, listen.... Modern Warfare 3 barely sold 4 million opening week on 360 last November. If CoD has trouble breaking 4 million on the most popular console, what makes any of you think Halo is going to do similiar numbers? Halo is nowhere near as popular as CoD. It's the cold hard truth.

MW3 sold over 7.5m in its 1st week on the 360.

4.2 million in US first week on 360.

Around the Network
sperrico87 said:
man-bear-pig said:
sperrico87 said:
Guys, listen.... Modern Warfare 3 barely sold 4 million opening week on 360 last November. If CoD has trouble breaking 4 million on the most popular console, what makes any of you think Halo is going to do similiar numbers? Halo is nowhere near as popular as CoD. It's the cold hard truth.

MW3 sold over 7.5m in its 1st week on the 360.

4.2 million in US first week on 360.

We're talking about worldwide sales though...

Jay520 said:
man-bear-pig said:
Jay520 said:
man-bear-pig said:
Jay520 said:
Halo Reach only sold 7.1m in its first year AND it had nearly double the time that Halo 4 will have. With that said, I predict Halo 4 will do considerably less than Halo Reach (7.1m) in its first year. So between 6-6.5m

I'm not going to take the bait.

what bait? My prediction?

Surely you can't be serious...?

What's the problem?

-Halo Reach had 16 weeks to sell in 2010.
-Halo Reach sold 7.1m
Halo 4 has about 8 weeks to sell in 2012
- Even if it sells at a faster rate than Reach (which it likely will), it won't be enough to compensate the fact that Reach had double the amount of time to sell.

Oh...by "in its first year" I thought you meant it's first 52 weeks on sale

Nsanity said:
Slimebeast said:
man-bear-pig said:
Slimebeast said:
No chance.

6 million is possible but that's the limit.

Lol...we'll see. Why do you think Halo 4 will follow different sales trends than all other popular FPS's?

After 9 weeks Halo Reach had sold 5.7 million.

Your first week 4.4 million is totally unrealistic (Reach had 3.7 million). After the review meltdowns even people on this site have canceled their plans to buy this game early.

Names of these people?

Slimebeast.  I hope he is not mentioning me because I will buy more than one =p.

This ain't happening lol

Around the Network

though it has rougher competition, i think it could see 7 million this year. after playing campaign and multiplayer it feels closest to halo 2 for me ... best multiplayer in generations, and the campaign mode was very fun, the story has some revisionism in it but thats to be expected and took a rather bold choice at the end and i liked that. I probably play its multiplayer longer than 3/reach .... not as much as 2 though... these days i dont have the time to hit the numbers i had in 2 and own a hell of alot more games

I may be out of the loop with todays gamers though i enjoyed ODST throughly, and reach as well and i keep hearing people hated reach.

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

As soon as FW sales come in I can edit the OP. It's the % changes that matter, not the actual #'s

Slimebeast said:
No chance.

6 million is possible but that's the limit.

Lol - coming from the guy who wrote 8 hours ago :

1/ it's so obvious that VGC opening day numbers for Halo 4 were overtracked.
[http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=149796&page=1#13]

4.5-5 million week 1

OP updated

3.8m in week 1. So...600k off.

It's projected to sell 550k in the USA this week, so worldwide it should do 785k. I've underestimated it's legs