By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: Halo 4 will sell 7,793,000+ in 2012

Tagged games:

man-bear-pig said:
sperrico87 said:
Lol Halo 4 is not going to sell 6 million in it's opening week. I would be shocked if it even broke 2 million. I think 7-8 million may be a solid lifetime sales figure. Check back in 2014.

Huh? Who said it would sell 6 million in its 1st week?

Did you edit the figures after posting? Could have sworn it said 6+ million opening week. Now it says 4.  Anyway...even at 4 it's an extremely over-inflated figure for launch week.  It's not going to happen.

Around the Network
man-bear-pig said:
Jay520 said:
Halo Reach only sold 7.1m in its first year AND it had nearly double the time that Halo 4 will have. With that said, I predict Halo 4 will do considerably less than Halo Reach (7.1m) in its first year. So between 6-6.5m

I'm not going to take the bait.

what bait? My prediction?

Argh_College said:
sperrico87 said:
Lol Halo 4 is not going to sell 6 million in it's opening week. I would be shocked if it even broke 2 million. I think 7-8 million may be a solid lifetime sales figure. Check back in 2014.

Post of the year material right there.

Hahaha I could be wrong...we will see!

sperrico87 said:
Argh_College said:
sperrico87 said:

Post of the year material right there.

Hahaha I could be wrong...we will see!

You will be wrong. It has 1.9 million pre-orders in the USA alone.

Guys, listen.... Modern Warfare 3 barely sold 4 million opening week on 360 last November. If CoD has trouble breaking 4 million on the most popular console, what makes any of you think Halo is going to do similiar numbers? Halo is nowhere near as popular as CoD. It's the cold hard truth.

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
man-bear-pig said:
Jay520 said:
Halo Reach only sold 7.1m in its first year AND it had nearly double the time that Halo 4 will have. With that said, I predict Halo 4 will do considerably less than Halo Reach (7.1m) in its first year. So between 6-6.5m

Surely you can't be serious...?

sperrico87 said:
Guys, listen.... Modern Warfare 3 barely sold 4 million opening week on 360 last November. If CoD has trouble breaking 4 million on the most popular console, what makes any of you think Halo is going to do similiar numbers? Halo is nowhere near as popular as CoD. It's the cold hard truth.

MW3 sold over 7.5m in its 1st week on the 360.

sperrico87 said:

... MW3 first week is 7,501,613 ...

Okay, okay, okay....I relent. Based on this mornings USA pre-orders update...Halo 4 will indeed break 2 million in opening week. But it will be less than 3 million overall sales. I predict 2.5 - 2.7 mil opening week. Final word.

man-bear-pig said:
Jay520 said:
man-bear-pig said:
Jay520 said:

Surely you can't be serious...?

What's the problem?

-Halo Reach had 16 weeks to sell in 2010.
-Halo Reach sold 7.1m
Halo 4 has about 8 weeks to sell in 2012
- Even if it sells at a faster rate than Reach (which it likely will), it won't be enough to compensate the fact that Reach had double the amount of time to sell.