By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Can All Stars sell MILLIONS of copies?

Tagged games:

It will if Sony bundles it, which they may very well next year. On its own, not a chance.

This is a game that should ignite the passion in every PS fan, yet I am amazed the preorders arent reflecting this.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

Depends if they decide to bundle it or not. I still think it is going to flop review wise. My guess is between a 78-82 metacritic. As far as sales it is really tough to say. Sony characters doesn't have mass appeal like Nintendo's characters. My guess is between 1-2.5 million but it's really hard to guess this because it has many characters but with no huge mass appeal and my guess mediocre reviews.

Depends if it will be heavily bundled. In this case, it could really sell well. It's a great game (by the beta), but Sony's market is horrible and killed Twisted Metal and Starhawk. A worldwide superslim 16 GB PS3 bundle with All Stars could do the trick and push the game.

JayWood2010 said:
Depends if they decide to bundle it or not. I still think it is going to flop review wise. My guess is between a 78-82 metacritic. As far as sales it is really tough to say. Sony characters doesn't have mass appeal like Nintendo's characters. My guess is between 1-2.5 million but it's really hard to guess this because it has many characters but with no huge mass appeal and my guess mediocre reviews.

That's what they are trying to change with All Stars, increase the mass appeal of their characters. Kratos is the only big Sony character and Drake and Sackboy are relatively well known. A game like this could improve brand recognition, if it sells well. So they could really make a big push to sell it (marketing + bundles).

sales2099 said:
It will if Sony bundles it, which they may very well next year. On its own, not a chance.

This is a game that should ignite the passion in every PS fan, yet I am amazed the preorders arent reflecting this. 

Yes, the low preorders are a signal that it will need bundles. Maybe after a lot of bundles, the game will be more known and will gain some legs (like LittleBigPlanet).

torok said:

Depends if it will be heavily bundled. In this case, it could really sell well. It's a great game (by the beta), but Sony's market is horrible and killed Twisted Metal and Starhawk. A worldwide superslim 16 GB PS3 bundle with All Stars could do the trick and push the game.

JayWood2010 said:

That's what they are trying to change with All Stars, increase the mass appeal of their characters. Kratos is the only big Sony character and Drake and Sackboy are relatively well known. A game like this could improve brand recognition, if it sells well. So they could really make a big push to sell it (marketing + bundles).

sales2099 said:

Yes, the low preorders are a signal that it will need bundles. Maybe after a lot of bundles, the game will be more known and will gain some legs (like LittleBigPlanet).

It would make the perfect bundle game.  And yes these type of games are great for advertising so it would make sense.

I don't see why not, but not to smash bros success

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network

So people are predicting that All-Stars will become the all-time best selling fighting game on the HD twins? Is that what people are predicting here?

d21lewis said:
It will do it.....for Michael.

When the templars murderd his family, when the whole bloody world has gone crazy...

MICHAEL!

:'D

richardhutnik said:
So people are predicting that All-Stars will become the all-time best selling fighting game on the HD twins? Is that what people are predicting here?

A. was tekken bundled?

B. I don't see why not. Fighters have really lost their appeal and are best in the arcades. While All Stars is not similar in anyway i think it will be a fresh fighter with an experience exclusive to the PS3

Troll_Whisperer said:
Just posting here so when this thread is necro-bumped I can edit this post to put the exact sales at the exact time and look like a boss.

not If I quote you now muahahahaha! XD

Max King of the Wild said:
richardhutnik said:

A. was tekken bundled?

B. I don't see why not. Fighters have really lost their appeal and are best in the arcades. While All Stars is not similar in anyway i think it will be a fresh fighter with an experience exclusive to the PS3

Why is Sony going to bundle All-Stars, in order to counter a Smash Bros. release on the Wii U?