By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Can All Stars sell MILLIONS of copies?

Tagged games:

richardhutnik said:
Max King of the Wild said:
richardhutnik said:
So people are predicting that All-Stars will become the all-time best selling fighting game on the HD twins? Is that what people are predicting here?

A. was tekken bundled?

B. I don't see why not. Fighters have really lost their appeal and are best in the arcades. While All Stars is not similar in anyway i think it will be a fresh fighter with an experience exclusive to the PS3

Why is Sony going to bundle All-Stars, in order to counter a Smash Bros. release on the Wii U?

Because it's a cost effective way to keep value for their Ps3's.

Around the Network

I predict about 1.5m which is pretty good for a seemingly low budget new IP.

richardhutnik said:
So people are predicting that All-Stars will become the all-time best selling fighting game on the HD twins? Is that what people are predicting here?

Only a few extremists

Heavenly_King said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
Just posting here so when this thread is necro-bumped I can edit this post to put the exact sales at the exact time and look like a boss.

not If I quote you now muahahahaha! XD

God damn it...

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

1.5-2.5mil best case scenario I feel. So yeah, it'll sell millions, but I don't think that's what you meant...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
richardhutnik said:
richardhutnik said:

A. was tekken bundled?

B. I don't see why not. Fighters have really lost their appeal and are best in the arcades. While All Stars is not similar in anyway i think it will be a fresh fighter with an experience exclusive to the PS3

Why is Sony going to bundle All-Stars, in order to counter a Smash Bros. release on the Wii U?

Because it's a cost effective way to keep value for their Ps3's.

That is predicated upon the title being bundled being something people want, to get them to buy a console.  If Sony calculates that bundling All-Stars won't help console sales, then it isn't going to bundle it.   Since fighting games have not been immensely popular this generation, why would Sony bundle it?  They have been bundling Uncharted 3 and Dust, two FPS titles, with the PS3 now, I don't see it being bundled, particularly as a main lead in title.