By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Predictions: Halo 4 will be GOTY... Metacritic between 94-97

enrageorange said:
NobleTeam360 said:
samuship said:
I know Microsoft likes to buy reviewers, but there's no way this game will be the GOTY. If that's the case, I'll never watch VGA again in my life.

And the Metacritic's score will never be that high. Just in your dreams.

Yeah i would like a link to the part about Microsoft buying reiewers as well. 

Well you can clearly see it in umm recent critically acclaimed microsoft titles such as uhh Fable the Journey, Fable Heroes, Kinect Sports 2and Kinect Star Wars.

Those 60s were bought damn it I know it for a fact.

You would think with those massive advertising budgets microsoft would buy reviewer scores for their mediocre kinect games instead of just their good core ones.

Lol, are you serious? I can't tell if your serious. I mean what do you expect from kinect games?

Around the Network

I think it has tough competition in the GOTY category this year

ME3
X-Com
Dishonored

I think these will get the most GOTY awards.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

I predict Halo 4 will be a great game, sell great and win numerous awards, controversial opinion huh!...

Why the hell do people still care about Metacritic scores, you can't possibly all be stupid sheep? Do you people not understand how inaccurate that dump of a site is... If you're going to use a reviews aggregate then for goodness sake use GameRankings, that site is much more accurate and should be the more popular site, unfortunately it isn't.

And GOTY is a fabricated term that doesn't mean anything, who cares what some critics choose as their favourite game of the year, the only opinion that's important is your own. If GOTY meant the game with the highest average review score based on a set list of publications then fair enough.

The top 5 highest rated games so far this year (No handheld & sports games or indie games though Journey counts because it had a retail release) based on GameRankings averages are:

1. Journey - 92.46% (52 reviews)
2. Mass Effect 3 - 92.12% (59 reviews)
3. Guild Wars 2 - 90.89% (36 reviews)
4. Borderlands 2 - 90.18% (37 reviews)
5. Dishonored - 89.53% (31 reviews)

I think Halo 4 and maybe Assassin's Creed 3 will make it into the top 5. I'm not interested in AC3 and I've never been a Halo fan but Halo 4 is looking really good, it's easily the most ambitious game in the series and a huge evolution since the last Halo release, I'm looking forward to the game and think it will be one of the most acclaimed games this year unless the game fails to meet up to the insane amount of hype.

This year has been pretty dreadful for quality game releases but next year will definitely be the best this generation. I think developers are going all out next year to end this generation with a bang before the PS4 and NextBox arrive in 2014 (I think xmas 2013 is possible for the NextBox).

JustThatGamer said:
I predict Halo 4 will be a great game, sell great and win numerous awards, controversial opinion huh!...

Why the hell do people still care about Metacritic scores, you can't possibly all be stupid sheep? Do you people not understand how inaccurate that dump of a site is... If you're going to use a reviews aggregate then for goodness sake use GameRankings, that site is much more accurate and should be the more popular site, unfortunately it isn't.

And GOTY is a fabricated term that doesn't mean anything, who cares what some critics choose as their favourite game of the year, the only opinion that's important is your own. If GOTY meant the game with the highest average review score based on a set list of publications then fair enough.

The top 5 highest rated games so far this year (No handheld & sports games or indie games though Journey counts because it had a retail release) based on GameRankings averages are:

1. Journey - 92.46% (52 reviews)
2. Mass Effect 3 - 92.12% (59 reviews)
3. Guild Wars 2 - 90.89% (36 reviews)
4. Borderlands 2 - 90.18% (37 reviews)
5. Dishonored - 89.53% (31 reviews)

I think Halo 4 and maybe Assassin's Creed 3 will make it into the top 5. I'm not interested in AC3 and I've never been a Halo fan but Halo 4 is looking really good, it's easily the most ambitious game in the series and a huge evolution since the last Halo release, I'm looking forward to the game and think it will be one of the most acclaimed games this year unless the game fails to meet up to the insane amount of hype.

This year has been pretty dreadful for quality game releases but next year will definitely be the best this generation. I think developers are going all out next year to end this generation with a bang before the PS4 and NextBox arrive in 2014 (I think xmas 2013 is possible for the NextBox).

I agree with most of what you said. The only thing I disagree with is including Journey and not say, Trials Evolution just because Journey released as a bundle on disc is silly. It doesn't make it any less of an idie game. Xenoblade Chronicles should be there too with a 91.78. Lets be honest, neither Journey or Trials Evo will be nominated as GOTY as much as they should, which is severally disappointing.

I predict Halo 4 will score a 93. Critics have become harsher on blockbuster franchises the last few years.  

I'll have to say 88, many are going to be harsh because the game changed hands. They have a lot to live up to.

Around the Network

It has a chance at GotY, especialy because their is not that much competition this year... Looks like AC3 also has a shot.

When it comes to the metascore, their is NO WAY it will get 97... That's Mario Galaxy high. My prediction, 88 at worst, 93 at best. It's hard to take metascore seriously anymore, epecialy when it comes to highly anticipated exclusives because of fanboyisim and like you said hit hungry reviewers.

Altho I do predict a high review score, I predict a bad user score (in the 70s) because of a) Troll fanboys, and b) because of Halo fanboys with so high expectation that they will bitch about anything that changed or not perfect (remember Diablo3?) Cant wait for these overdramatic articles about how that new studio (cant remember their name) killed the franchise lol :P

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

I'll predict a metascore of 91 with a handful of GOTY awards.

smroadkill15 said:

I agree with most of what you said. The only thing I disagree with is including Journey and not say, Trials Evolution just because Journey released as a bundle on disc is silly. It doesn't make it any less of an idie game. Xenoblade Chronicles should be there too with a 91.78. Lets be honest, neither Journey or Trials Evo will be nominated as GOTY as much as they should, which is severally disappointing.

I predict Halo 4 will score a 93. Critics have become harsher on blockbuster franchises the last few years.

I don't know Trials Evo but Journey deserves everty GOTY award it received. It changed everyting I know before about game and online multiplayer... know that many people in the world helped you on your journey to the end is an indescribable pleasure.

Unless Dishonored or XCOM break the 90 barrier, I don't think they will become GOTY.

Realistically it's either Halo 4, Mass Effect 3 or Assassin's Creed 3

Barozi said:
Unless Dishonored or XCOM break the 90 barrier, I don't think they will become GOTY.

Realistically it's either Halo 4, Mass Effect 3 or Assassin's Creed 3

Dishonored has broken the 90´s barrier

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/dishonored