By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Predictions: Halo 4 will be GOTY... Metacritic between 94-97

Yeah I admit I'm on the hype train but I have a really good feeling that Halo 4 will be awarded GOTY by most of the the major review sites. 

I also think its Metacritic score will be at least 94 but barring any websites giving it a low score for hits it'll likely be a 95 or 96.

So anyone else here care to make their own predictions?

Around the Network

95 metascore is my prediction. It'll probably be the most highly reviewed title of the year

93 is my prediction.

Its certainly possible.

Graphically its stunning, the CGI is the best Ive ever seen in a game. Gameplay we know will be fantastic, its Halo. The production values are through the roof and story looks to be a huge emphasis for this game.

The only thing that worries me is a couple sites giving it low ball reviews just for hits

It'll be fun is my prediction.

Around the Network

Hmmm i don't know GOTY for an FPS that's hardly possible these days, i predict 90-93 on metacritic.

If I'm not wrong the last Halo to received numerous GOTY awards was Halo (the first).

Meta prediction: 92

What source is being used for "the" GOTY status? Because pretty much half the games released claim that tag from one source or another. However, yeah, I think it's going to garner more GOTY awards than any other game. Honestly, if you polled most places right NOW, they'd probably give Halo GOTY. You can't beat that kind of hype, it would have to be awfully sub-par for people to voice their displeasure. The last game I remember with this kind of positive hype was MW2.

I predict a 96 on Metacritic. I think most mainstream publications will be too intimidated by Microsoft and rabid Halo fans to drop much off that pace. Even if the text of a review sounds less than a 95, I think it will still be rounded up.

Not that it won't necessarily be justified as GOTY. The production values on this release are amazing.

92-93.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.