By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Predictions: Halo 4 will be GOTY... Metacritic between 94-97

The game looks perfect

Graphics, sound, Gameplay, Online, Story, Cutcenes, CGI, Forge...

Its the most complete game ever, thats for sure. Goty or Not im expecting a 92 on Meta since many sites are harsh and many hate Halo.

Around the Network

My GOTY prediction is still Journey.

92-93 most likely.

As someone else mentioned, I think it will be reviewed a bit more harshly since many big-budget sequels of late seem to have had been looked at a bit more tightly than in years past.

I still think it will receive a low 90's score though. I reckon it'll continue the minor decline of numbered metascores (97 -> 95 -> 94 -> Halo 4) but score a little higher than Halo Reach (91). I think I guessed 92 in the metascore league - wouldn't be surprised at 93 either.

pokoko said:
What source is being used for "the" GOTY status? Because pretty much half the games released claim that tag from one source or another. However, yeah, I think it's going to garner more GOTY awards than any other game. Honestly, if you polled most places right NOW, they'd probably give Halo GOTY. You can't beat that kind of hype, it would have to be awfully sub-par for people to voice their displeasure. The last game I remember with this kind of positive hype was MW2.

I predict a 96 on Metacritic. I think most mainstream publications will be too intimidated by Microsoft and rabid Halo fans to drop much off that pace. Even if the text of a review sounds less than a 95, I think it will still be rounded up.

Not that it won't necessarily be justified as GOTY. The production values on this release are amazing.

http://gotypicks.blogspot.de/

Around the Network

Considering how the last game they made ( an HD remake of a masterpiece) only got an 82 I have droped my prediction to 88.

don't waste time

3DS FC 4914-3563-4510

NNID : turtuls

I really hope that Assassin's Creed III and Halo 4 will be excellent games. Thus far, 2012 has been a terrible year for (retail) gaming. Mass Effect 3 is disappointing, Xenoblade and Dishonored are overrated, and Resident Evil 6 is a piece of garbage.

91 but will probably the best of this gen according to popular opinions

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Barozi said:
pokoko said:
What source is being used for "the" GOTY status? Because pretty much half the games released claim that tag from one source or another. However, yeah, I think it's going to garner more GOTY awards than any other game. Honestly, if you polled most places right NOW, they'd probably give Halo GOTY. You can't beat that kind of hype, it would have to be awfully sub-par for people to voice their displeasure. The last game I remember with this kind of positive hype was MW2.

I predict a 96 on Metacritic. I think most mainstream publications will be too intimidated by Microsoft and rabid Halo fans to drop much off that pace. Even if the text of a review sounds less than a 95, I think it will still be rounded up.

Not that it won't necessarily be justified as GOTY. The production values on this release are amazing.

http://gotypicks.blogspot.de/

Well, damn, there we go.  Thanks.

Not trying to troll the game, just thought I would give an "out there" prediction that will be funny to come back to. We all saw what happened with Resident Evil 6, I doubt many people predicted that.