By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Non Nintendo fans, what do you think of the WiiU now?

I'm not really convinced, not yet.

Firstly, it's a little more expensive than I was expecting.

Secondly and more importantly, the majority of its launch lineup is made up of multiplats, some of which are even late ports.

ZombiU could go either way. Rayman Legends looks great, but very similar to Origins. Scribblenauts and NSMBU don't look hugely innovative, but they should be great games regardless.

It's a strong launch lineup, but it's not enough for me to buy the system, especially since I have no desire to buy any system at launch. I'm pretty sure, though, that I'll like the PS4 more than the Wii U, if only because of the first party franchises.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
FrancisNobleman said:

LOL, even better, I wonder how many got the "true next gen" pieces of crap named Jaguar, 3DO and Sega Nomad

the Nomad was a handheld version of the Genesis and in my opinion it's just too far ahead of it's time..

I think in the future we won't have home consoles anymore, but handhelds that (wirelessly) connect to the TV and to controllers so they are fully capable of functioning as a home console - the nomad was close to that, but needed wires which hurts the concept alot

Lafiel said:
FrancisNobleman said:

LOL, even better, I wonder how many got the "true next gen" pieces of crap named Jaguar, 3DO and Sega Nomad

the Nomad was a handheld version of the Genesis and in my opinion it's just too far ahead of it's time..

I think in the future we won't have home consoles anymore, but handhelds that (wirelessly) connect to the TV and to controllers so they are fully capable of functioning as a home console - the nomad was close to that, but needed wires which hurts the concept alot

My points stands without an answer.

How many people didn't go with the "meh" consoles, like the SNES and PS1, or Wii U, to get the "true next gen" like Jaguar, N64 and the next MSony consoles.

True next gen sounds so lame and desperate.

I'm sure it will be a good Nintendo console, as far as a next gen console, it's failed already. No Direct 11 support, and will quickly show how outdated it is once the PS4 and NextBox arrive showcasing DX11 games on next gen game engines.

I doubt it will even be close to enjoying the success of the Wii, but with hardware that is better than current consoles, it will likely service those gamers who like Nintendo exclusive games, and do not mind running next gen games if made available, at lower resolutions and/or frame rates, with features disabled.

FrancisNobleman said:

How many people didn't go with the "meh" consoles, like the SNES and PS1, or Wii U, to get the "true next gen" like Jaguar, N64 and the next MSony consoles.

people didn't go with the Dreamcast and waited for the "true next gen" PS2 and people didn't go with the 3DO/Jaguar (released oct/nov 1993), but waited for the "true next gen" PS1 (released dec 1994(jpn)/sept 1995)

Around the Network
Lafiel said:
FrancisNobleman said:

people didn't go with the Dreamcast and waited for the "true next gen" PS2 and people didn't go with the 3DO/Jaguar (released oct/nov 1993), but waited for the "true next gen" PS1 (released dec 1994(jpn)/sept 1995)

No, the true next gen for the 128 bit era is the Xbox and the true next gen for the Ps1 era is the N64.

And boy, so many people have waited for that.

FrancisNobleman said:
Lafiel said:
FrancisNobleman said:

No, the true next gen for the 128 bit era is the Xbox and the true next gen for the Ps1 era is the N64.

And boy, so many people have waited for that.

Fact is, in these gens there were machines released 1 or more years ahead of the competition, but people weren't ready to invest yet and didn't feel the hardware available was all that "next gen", so they waited until a console came around that satisfied these demands

Will the Wii U have a similar fate ? I doubt it, the software line-up is great and although the graphical advancements over PS360 aren't all too obvious (at this point) I think people might even not care that much, as I suspect a majority don't really want ultra-realistic graphics, but are more interested in good art.

Heavenly_King said:

The only thing that surprised me was Bayonetta 2 for the WiiU only. Not because of the exclusivity per se, but because the developers are treating like crap the gamers that supported their first game.

The WiiU can have all the exclusives they want, and I wont give a damn, as long as any other companies don't follow this nonsensical stupidity. Releasing a new IP on certain consoles, and make the sequel exclusive for another one, in which gamers don't give a damn about that genre, and don't know what the fuck the franchise is about; is just brilliant (not).....LMAO

Now this franchise does not exist for me anymore, nor any other "Platinum games + Sega" title, because they may end up doing the same thing again. If they don't show me, as a costumer, respect; then I wont have any respect to show them, and they wont get my money. I know it is bit radical, but what Sega allowed this time is pure crap.

So Square is dead for you too, because Final Fantasy VII jumped ship?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

I am still not sold. Assassins Creed 3, Black Ops 2 are all games i can get on my PS3 too. What depends for me are exclusive games.
Never had played Monster Hunter, bayonetta 1 was shit in my eyes ( so i am not interestet inn Bayonetta 2), not interestet in Pikmin 3 and Super Mario Bros is overhyped ( the game on the 3ds Jump and run is average in my eyes), Zombie U does look avergae too

The only game i am interestet is Rayman Legends and Zelda. Rayman Legends will come to PS3 and x BOX360 sometimes in 2013 ( my retailer has listen the game) and Zelda will release sometimes in 2014.
So at this rate i am not very interestet in the Wii U. 90% of the games are ports and the Wii U have the same problem right knwo like the VIta has, to many ports, to less unique games for the system itself.

And we have seen it now several times what to many ports for a system mean sales wise. We have seen that with the 3ds and the Vita how the failed the first year (3ds) and the still fail ( Vita) sales wise.
But of course the handheld market is different than the console market. So it isvery difficult to see how the Wii U will sell.

The problem i see and i think it will be no different with the pS4 and the X Box720- Developers can not wait to get hands on a next gen system but at the same time they are not willing to create some unique games for each system. The would rather port some games to make some easy cash. And it thats so than i am not very intrestet in next gen either. I only have three games buyed for my vita right know because other than that all games are only some lazy ports or some games i am not very intrestet.

o_O.Q said:
BluGamer23 said:
... "Ill wait for true nextgen system".. in the mean time ill go keep crying about bayonetta2 .. im hardcorz yo! ..

/s

you must of visited a Bayonetta 2 article forum.. butt hurt soo guuuudd...  =)