By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Non Nintendo fans, what do you think of the WiiU now?

oniyide said:
MDMAlliance said:
oniyide said:

i do like em, the problem is I could play those games on consoles i already have and thats why im going to wait with the Wii U, its not a hard concept to grasp.

I'm not talking about you though.  I'm talking to the people who's going off saying that no Nintendo console has offered them anything they wanted or liked. Which I find nearly impossible to do, even if you take away multi-platform games.

Why do you find it impossible? SOme people just simply dont like Ninty, I met a few myself, not alot. Its not like there are not viable alternatives to Ninty products. Neither of us are telepaths so we cant never know for sure, we just have to take them at face value and say whatever. I personally dont care as a gamer if people want to limit themselves then that is their right, i would say the same to Ninty only gamers

"Not liking Nintendo" isn't the same thing.  If you don't like Nintendo and say every game on Nintendo platforms are bad or you don't like them, you're not actually saying you don't like the game.  You're saying you don't like NIntendo and you let those feelings get in the way of what the game is supposed to bring.  This can play out similarly with some of the other console systems, but especially Nintendo due to the fact that it's the oldest system, so it has seen more games than the others have.  It also has any genre experience any of the others could give, though the game itself may be different.  

I do not see Nintendo-only gamers saying that others (Sony/Microsoft) provide NO games for them, but I have been seeing other "fanboy" people here saying that.

Around the Network
dahuman said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
prayformojo said:
I'm a Nintendo fan, as I've owned every console they've released since the NES. I'm 33, so to me, they are basically the company of my childhood. Having said that? This is the first console I had little interest in. I don't like how they're trying to go for us core gamers, whilist releasing an underpowered system with no achievements, no great online connectivity like XBL, no multimedia capabilities like DVD and Blu-Ray play back etc. It's almost like they just don't WANT hardcore gamers anymore.

I love Nintendo and their franchises, but I just know it's going to suffer. The power of the system is going to cripple it and 3rd parties are going to jump ship like they have been doing since the N64. I honestly see this console finishing last, like the Gamecube.

This. Crippled is definitely the word to describe the Wii U once the next Playstation and Xbox come out. They will be fully harnessing the newest engines without being dumbed down, so I feel for Nintendo. Hopefully they put out some quality titles to keep peoples minds off of the excessive graphics and focusing on solid gameplay. The Wii had some but not nearly enough. God I miss the PSX/PS2 era. The Wii U feels like its going to be a N64 type console. Nintendo was never known for harnessing their consoles power even when they were more powerful than the competition.

The thing is, I don't see the next xbox and ps coming out until at least 2014 with the new roadmap GPUs on the PC side (if you follow the roadmap of GPU makers aka Nvidia and AMD, you'd have noticed already, they'd be the weaker versions of the PC GPUs which are supposedly the huge step up in 2014-2015) , by then the Wii U would have been out for 2 years already, it's unrealistic to think they'd come out in 2013 as there is not even any real announcements by now. Coming out in 2013 would make their systems on par with the Wii U, they need to wait about 2 more years to be realistically a step further in the power department.

Of course, power is not why I buy consoles, power is what PCs are for, if people can afford it lol.

I say one will come in 2013 and the other 2014. It will probably be Sony launching first as they cannot afford not to.

After looking at Sony's financials for another post, I'm almost convinced they won't launch another console at all until 2014 or 2015. They're valued at $14b but have annual losses at $6.5b as of april. Kaz wants to use the PS division to help return the company to profitability. You don't do that by selling a new console at a loss. PS3 isn't going anywhere for a couple more years yet.

Check out my Youtube Let's Play channel here.

Crono141 said:
After looking at Sony's financials for another post, I'm almost convinced they won't launch another console at all until 2014 or 2015. They're valued at $14b but have annual losses at $6.5b as of april. Kutaragi wants to use the PS division to help return the company to profitability. You don't do that by selling a new console at a loss. PS3 isn't going anywhere for a couple more years yet.

Its been said that PS4 has been in development since 2010.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Crono141 said:
After looking at Sony's financials for another post, I'm almost convinced they won't launch another console at all until 2014 or 2015. They're valued at $14b but have annual losses at $6.5b as of april. Kutaragi wants to use the PS division to help return the company to profitability. You don't do that by selling a new console at a loss. PS3 isn't going anywhere for a couple more years yet.

If Sony doesn't return to company wide profitability in the next 2 years, then there won't be a Sony anymore.  How do you suppose Sony'll return to profitability while selling a powerhouse console at a loss?

Check out my Youtube Let's Play channel here.

Around the Network
Crono141 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Crono141 said:

If Sony doesn't return to company wide profitability in the next 2 years, then there won't be a Sony anymore.  How do you suppose Sony'll return to profitability while selling a powerhouse console at a loss?

With Kaz as the head of Sony I think the gaming sector will be carrying the weight as its profitability is higher. Sonys problem is their affordability vs the competition which is why they get overlooked and in other areas their tech needs to be revamped. If they can humble themselves they wont go down. People love Sony products but if they are going to make their prices outrageous, people will definitely take a Samsung over a Sony product.