By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will the PS4's First/Second-Party be more influential to hardware sales than with the PS3?

Tagged games:

Answer the damn question!

Yes! 49 57.65%

No! 23 27.06%

They will both suck! 13 15.29%

Total:85
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Roma said:
the only way they can get better exclusives is if they can make better games themselves other than that you can kiss 3rd party games goodbye unless they fund the games themselves

LMAO

be careful you don't laugh it off completely :P

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

I think everything points to 720 and PS4 being extremely close to each other in hardware which probably means even less 3rd party exclusives - MS might even have the upper hand here with Kinect (not too sure if anyone would miss the Kinect titles, but well, some high profile studios are trying these days, so there might be some cool games comming for that).

First party wise it would be nice to see SCEJ overcoming it's difficulties and put out more content again. I think they really had a hard time adapting to modern engines/game development.

Roma said:
the only way they can get better exclusives is if they can make better games themselves other than that you can kiss 3rd party games goodbye unless they fund the games themselves
HappySqurriel said:
No ...

1) Sony's broke so they don't have the money to "money hat", publish or develop exclusive games at a higher level than they did on the PS3

2) Sony's reputation for being a safe bet for third party developers/publishers has been tarnished by the PSP, PS3 and PS-Vita

3) Game development costs are increasing necessitating releasing games to multiple platforms to limit risk
Play4Fun said:
Sure, if they money-hat or publish the exclusive.
VicViper said:
I don't think so, honestly.
Because the largest chunk of PS3 exclusivity came from Japan this gen. Most, if all, western games were not exclusive.

And I think Nintendo will put a tougher fight there now. 

Guys, I'm talking about First/Second Party Exclusive. It's common knowledge that 3rd Party exclusives are pretty much gone.

i think sony learned just how influential exclusives can be, they really did help the ps3 a lot this gen. also there first party studios have proven them selfs this gen. along with buying the likes of GG, media molecule, and sucker punch. and they also created a great relationship with quantic dream that seems most likely to just get stronger. i think sony's main strategy next gen will rely heavily on exclusives

Maybe. Japan Studio has largely been MIA this gen, but they seem to be revamping it under Allan Becker.

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Roma said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Roma said:

LMAO

be careful you don't laugh it off completely :P

dont worry , he is ok =)

good because you need it for the buthurt later ;)

joke

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

First/Second party?

No. Sure the developer experience has been increased... but developer studios have been closed/decreased.

Sony may turn it around by then and reinvest in studios and pick up developers. However, if anything the short term trend will probably continue and they will probably still close a few more/let go of some employees.

There top developers might produce a little better (though really they're already hitting high points on the metacritic rankings.)  however those games will be fewer and farther inbetween.

No...I don't think so

Okay guys, finally got the wording right with the title.

Kasz216 said:

First/Second party?

No. Sure the developer experience has been increased... but developer studios have been closed/decreased.

Sony may turn it around by then and reinvest in studios and pick up developers. However, if anything the short term trend will probably continue and they will probably still close a few more/let go of some employees.

There top developers might produce a little better (though really they're already hitting high points on the metacritic rankings.)  however those games will be fewer and farther inbetween.

I'm not talking about mere quantity. The developers that Sony shut down weren't impactful for the PS3. So I don't see how their absence will pose a problem for the PS4. On the other hand, Sony's more impactful studios have improved and/or expanded into multiple studios.