By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bayonetta 2 is NOT a WiiU exclusive and here's why!

UncleScrooge said:

Why are people so upset? Nintendo clearly stated this is their new strategy at investor meetings, they won't let that game go.

Nintendo doesn't just invest in a single game. They do this to build up a long-term relationship. Look at Capcom and Monster Hunter or Square and Dragon Quest or even Team Ninja and Nintendo right now. Nintendo had no chance but to pick specific third parties and start close partnerships with them - they didn't get the support they wanted this generation but 3rd parties are vital to any platform.

So far we've only seen Nintendo advertising or publishing 3rd party games which, apparently, was enough to convince developers to collaborate with them. Now Nintendo is stepping that game up by actually funding development. Get used to it: This is Nintendo's new strategy and it was discussed countless times at investor meetings. This will happen frequently in the future.

I wouldn't be surprised to see 3rd parties develop games with Nintendo IP's in the future (like F-Zero GX or Starfox on Gamecube).

Again: Nintendo does this to build up long-term relationships not to pump out single games. They won't let those developers get away that easily and will try to deepen the collaboration. And it looks like those developers like what Nintendo does.

Edit: Super Smash Bros + Namco and Metroid + Team Ninja, Level 5 and Layton / Inazuma (Nintendo publishing those games in the west) are more examples of this. And there certainly are more of those collaborations we haven't heard about yet because the games are not yet ready to be shown. I also wouldn't dismiss the rumours of Nintendo trying to buy back Rare because of its IP's. This is Nintendo's current strategy and they openly talked about it. 

I both think and hope you're right! This is clearly something Nintendo needs to do, and it seems like they actually are doing it, and that's great news!!!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

Don't worry.. here on vgchartz we don't believe in the exclusive WiiU version..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

You don't know the terms of the deal among Nintendo/ Platinum/ SEGA, for all we know, it could be a guaranteed exclusive indefinitely. I wouldn't assume just because SEGA owns the trademark for the franchise that they didn't grant Nintendo complete exclusivity. Nintendo is paying for all the publishing, so that does really sweeten the deal for Platinum and SEGA. If I recall, a PS3/360 sequel to Bayonetta was canceled over a year ago because it was too expensive, no?

VicViper said:

Don't even want to imagine what will be when Hatsune Miku becomes Wii U exclusive, which is probably soon

In this case I will not buying a WiiU, because I despise fake anime singers and this shows that the console goes kiddy and this totally spoils Pikmin.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

SEGA CANCELLED Bayonetta 2.

Nintendo is the only reason why the game is still coming.

I like to see the tears though. So pathetic... oh noes you have a reason to buy a Wii U now. The horror!

Around the Network

Bayonetta 2 whatever edition cannot be released on other platforms like Mass Effect1 cannot be released on PS3 or WiiU.

They can only make another Bayonetta 2 for other consoles in a country where Nintendo did not publish the game.

End of story.

Not only that... I think since Nintendo is pushing the game... they'll make sure it uses the gamepad a lot, imo.

So not only a port is unlikely... it's probably unfeasible.

Lafiel said:

ME1 was actualled funded by mircosoft and never ONCE was seen on any system.

ME1 released for PC ~6month after the 360 release

Microsoft funded this game. So it got to the Microsoft-platforms: XBOX360 and Windows.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

ninetailschris said:
Lafiel said:
ninetailschris said:
Degausser said:
ninetailschris said:
Degausser said:

Microsoft published Ninja Gaiden II didn't they? So anything is possible I guess.

They didn't fund it from being cancel.

They would have take out everything in number 2 or would be sued.

Microsoft did fund Ninja Gaiden II though, in the same capacity as Nintendo are funding Bayonetta II (As far as I can tell). I.e. they both act as publisher but don't own the IP rights.

They published the game they never funded the game.

There is difference.

Ninja Gaiden would have been two systems but Mircosoft said they would pay for publishing.

Sega OFFICALLY CANCELED THE GAME Nintendo is funding the project AND publishing.

ME1 was actualled funded by mircosoft and never ONCE was seen on any system.

ME1 released for PC ~6month after the 360 release

Who owns the PC?

Mircosoft.

Haveaseat.

MS doesnt own PC, they own Windows which is an OS FOR the PC, there is a difference its not like they are out there making actual PCs, and last I checked ME 1 wasnt even released for their ill fated games for Windows thing.

OT really?? Really?? Its that serious, the first game wasnt even that good (IMHO), people are upset for nothing. Its one game. jeez.