By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bayonetta 2 is NOT a WiiU exclusive and here's why!

This is awesome. I woke up and feared all of this was just a dream but nope, still as glorious and real as yesterday. I for one welcome our new guns blazing witch-Overlord.

Oh and Ryuzaki, I don't know if you are familiar with japanese culture (I'm an expert) but it would be extremely shameful for Sega to betray Nintendo like that. japanese people don't do that. They would have to apologize in public and take the PS360 versions of Bayonetta 2 down again.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Around the Network

You are on a rollstopable level of trollness

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Figured I post this here too:

----------------------------

Bayonetta 2 Devs Respond to Exclusivity Criticism

The creative team behind Bayonetta 2 has responded to fan criticism about the game being exclusive to Nintendo's Wii U.

PlatinumGames has responded to fan criticism about Bayonetta 2 being a Wii U exclusive.

A mixed reaction followed the company's surprising reveal that the sequel to the original Bayonetta, which appeared on both PS3 and Xbox 360, would only launch on Nintendo's upcoming console.

Alongside Nintendo, we hope to grow the Bayonetta brand beyond where it stands today, allowing even more gamers around the world to experience the action of our beloved witch.

PlatinumGames CEO and President Tatsuya Minami explained on the company's website that the original game was fundamental in establishing the company as an emerging studio, and promised that Bayonetta 2 would be a "true sequel" in terms of both design goals and much of the team working on it.

He explained, "Bayonetta has fans the world over, and we would never dream of alienating them from participating in the future of PlatinumGames.

“That being said, the console games market is in a state of upheaval, so establishing a new game franchise requires a considerable amount of will, determination, and love. Bayonetta is a brand that we want to see become stronger, reaching the hands of more and more gamers, so we have continued to consult with SEGA, the previous game’s publisher, on how we can make sure this takes place. Our answer was a new partnership with Nintendo.

“Alongside Nintendo, we hope to grow the Bayonetta brand beyond where it stands today, allowing even more gamers around the world to experience the action of our beloved witch.”

While nothing has been confirmed, its believed that Bayonetta 2 was dropped by SEGA as a result of the company’s reshuffle earlier this year when it was decided that the publisher would only focus on core franchises in future. It's possible that Nintendo swooped in to save the game and made it into a Wii U exclusive in the process.

Returning from the original game is Yusuke Hashimoto who will replace Hideki Kamiya in the game director role. He said, "Alongside Bayonetta’s creator, Hideki Kamiya, I’m working on everything from creating a compelling world to character designs (I will be designing the enemies again), and everyone on our talented team is united around the core of Bayonetta."

Though this means Kamiya won't be directing the game, he is on board as a supervisor and revealed that work on Bayonetta 2 has been ongoing for some time. He explained, "We were secretly making one the entire time. While I am not the director of this game, I am still supervising the world, story, characters, etc. in close coordination with Hashimoto, and I have been from the very beginning. You have nothing to work [sic - presumably he means 'worry'] about on that end. And of course, plenty of members from the first Bayonetta are on-board and working hard under the direction of Hashimoto."

No release date has been set for Bayonetta 2 but it isn't scheduled to appear during the Wii U's launch window, which runs from November until the end of March.

Luke Karmali is IGN's UK Editorial Assistant and doesn't care what platform Bayonetta 2 is on, as long as there's more J-Pop covers of Sinatra songs. You too can revel in mediocrity by following him on IGN and on Twitter.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/14/bayonetta-2-devs-respond-to-exclusivity-criticism

Mnementh said:
VicViper said:

Don't even want to imagine what will be when Hatsune Miku becomes Wii U exclusive, which is probably soon

In this case I will not buying a WiiU, because I despise fake anime singers and this shows that the console goes kiddy and this totally spoils Pikmin.

says the guy who has a Kid Icarus avatar... lol at this

Chandler said:

This is awesome. I woke up and feared all of this was just a dream but nope, still as glorious and real as yesterday. I for one welcome our new guns blazing witch-Overlord.

Oh and Ryuzaki, I don't know if you are familiar with japanese culture (I'm an expert) but it would be extremely shameful for Sega to betray Nintendo like that. japanese people don't do that. They would have to apologize in public and take the PS360 versions of Bayonetta 2 down again.

I won't say I'm an expert but I do know about it to a certain extend (I've been there six times), and I agree whith what tou say. But why did Platinum Game, a Japanese company, betrayed millions of gamers in the first place? This is hell a lot of apologies they have to make...

Oh and, in the Japanese culture, people usually don't brag their skills like that...

Around the Network
JazzB1987 said:

Bayonetta 2 whatever edition cannot be released on other platforms like Mass Effect1 cannot be released on PS3 or WiiU.

They can only make another Bayonetta 2 for other consoles in a country where Nintendo did not publish the game.

End of story.

Let's move to Venezuela XD

ryuzaki57 said:
JazzB1987 said:

Bayonetta 2 whatever edition cannot be released on other platforms like Mass Effect1 cannot be released on PS3 or WiiU.

They can only make another Bayonetta 2 for other consoles in a country where Nintendo did not publish the game.

End of story.

Let's move to Venezuela XD

Lol keep dreaming that will never happen xD

Nintendo and PC gamer

ryuzaki57 said:
Chandler said:

I won't say I'm an expert but I do know about it to a certain extend (I've been there six times), and I agree whith what tou say. But why did Platinum Game, a Japanese company, betrayed millions of gamers in the first place? This is hell a lot of apologies they have to make...

Oh and, in the Japanese culture, people usually don't brag their skills like that...

Ok, I guess you are also no expert of internet memes then :)

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Chandler said:
ryuzaki57 said:
Chandler said:

Ah that's embarassing... My English knowledge just hit a snag (-_-') What is a meme?

ryuzaki57 said:
Chandler said:
ryuzaki57 said:
Chandler said:

Ah that's embarassing... My English knowledge just hit a snag (-_-') What is a meme?

He's referencing this joke:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-uTnqYHZ-I

This guy wasn't serious, but was referencing a post that someone originally made on NeoGAF (which likely was serious) which related to the FFXIII meltdowns.

A "meme" in English terminology is generally an internet phenomenon whereby a funny picture or quote is used as a template for various subjects.

http://www.knowyourmeme.com has more.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.