By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bayonetta 2 is NOT a WiiU exclusive and here's why!

Sega is not involved in publishing this game in any way, shape, or form by the way.

Nintendo is the publisher, Sega is only there as an advisor. Both Platinum Games and Sega have reiterated this.

That's it. This is Nintendo exclusive. Iwata said it was exclusive to Wii U. Platinum Game has said it was exclusive. If you are still in denial, you are dense. Go buy a Wii U if you want to play it. End of story.

Around the Network

Microsoft published Ninja Gaiden II didn't they? So anything is possible I guess.

Degausser said:

Microsoft published Ninja Gaiden II didn't they? So anything is possible I guess.

uh, beware, there are a dozen people ready to jump you for that statement - personally I think there is a 10-20% chance we see an altered version on other consoles or maybe pc 6-12month after the release of the Wii U version

but, time will tell

Degausser said:

They didn't fund it from being cancel.

They would have take out everything in number 2 or would be sued.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

ninetailschris said:
Degausser said:

Microsoft did fund Ninja Gaiden II though, in the same capacity as Nintendo are funding Bayonetta II (As far as I can tell). I.e. they both act as publisher but don't own the IP rights.

Around the Network
Degausser said:
ninetailschris said:
Degausser said:

Microsoft did fund Ninja Gaiden II though, in the same capacity as Nintendo are funding Bayonetta II (As far as I can tell). I.e. they both act as publisher but don't own the IP rights.

They published the game they never funded the game.

There is difference.

Ninja Gaiden would have been two systems but Mircosoft said they would pay for publishing.

Sega OFFICALLY CANCELED THE GAME Nintendo is funding the project AND publishing.

ME1 was actualled funded by mircosoft and never ONCE was seen on any system.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

ninetailschris said:
Degausser said:
ninetailschris said:
Degausser said:

There is difference.

Ninja Gaiden would have been two systems but Mircosoft said they would pay for publishing.

Sega OFFICALLY CANCELED THE GAME Nintendo is funding the project AND publishing.

ME1 released for PC ~6month after the 360 release

ninetailschris said:
Degausser said:
ninetailschris said:
Degausser said:

There is difference.

Publishing the game generally IS funding the game. If you don't own the IP rights then you can never stop the game from going multiplat. The fact that the SEGA logo flashes in the trailer and they still own the IP means that anything is possible down the line. If Microsoft can't bully Tecmo Koei into keeping their games exclusive then I doubt Nintendo hold that much weight over SEGA.

There no real point arguing this though, it's a long way off ever getting ported and neither of us have a clue the nature of this 'collboration' between SEGA and Nintendo. 

Why are people so upset? Nintendo clearly stated this is their new strategy at investor meetings, they won't let that game go.

Nintendo doesn't just invest in a single game. They do this to build up a long-term relationship. Look at Capcom and Monster Hunter or Square and Dragon Quest or even Team Ninja and Nintendo right now. Nintendo had no chance but to pick specific third parties and start close partnerships with them - they didn't get the support they wanted this generation but 3rd parties are vital to any platform.

So far we've only seen Nintendo advertising or publishing 3rd party games which, apparently, was enough to convince developers to collaborate with them. Now Nintendo is stepping that game up by actually funding development. Get used to it: This is Nintendo's new strategy and it was discussed countless times at investor meetings. This will happen frequently in the future.

I wouldn't be surprised to see 3rd parties develop games with Nintendo IP's in the future (like F-Zero GX or Starfox on Gamecube).

Again: Nintendo does this to build up long-term relationships not to pump out single games. They won't let those developers get away that easily and will try to deepen the collaboration. And it looks like those developers like what Nintendo does.

Edit: Super Smash Bros + Namco and Metroid + Team Ninja, Level 5 and Layton / Inazuma (Nintendo publishing those games in the west) are more examples of this. And there certainly are more of those collaborations we haven't heard about yet because the games are not yet ready to be shown. I also wouldn't dismiss the rumours of Nintendo trying to buy back Rare because of its IP's. This is Nintendo's current strategy and they openly talked about it. 

Lafiel said:
ninetailschris said:
Degausser said:
ninetailschris said:
Degausser said:

There is difference.

ME1 released for PC ~6month after the 360 release

Who owns the PC?

Mircosoft.

Haveaseat.