By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bayonetta 2 100% exclusive for the Wii U!!

Around the Network
forevercloud3000 said:
Viper1 said:
forevercloud3000 said:

Gamecube = 1.69Million

Playstation 2 = 3.62Million

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/business/million.html

GC - 1.6 million.
PS2 - 2.2 million.

Depends on whose numbers are more accurate. Publishers don't exactly have a magical way of telling how much a game sold at retail either, they go through the similar venues as VGChartz does. The only numbers Capcom would be able to say with complete certainty would be Shipped numbers. Nevertheless even with Capcom's numbers you still are only tapping into about half of a userbase. What part of THAT don't you understand? A sequel is suppose to outperform the predecessor not do worse. To sell to only half of what you could of had is bad business and a bad move. So, once again, the port was needed to satiate the other half of the RE fanbase on PS that were not willing to migrate to GC to have it.

Time will repeat itself with Bayonetta 2.

Point is that you said 3.62 million which is 1.42 million more than is possible.    And I get that it didn't sell as well as the PS RE titles.  I never said otherwide.  I merely stated it sold well given the size of the console install base.  Which it did.   And given your insistance that 1.6 million is such a poor figure, how do you account for it only selling 2.2 million on the even better selling PS2 as compared ot the ealrier PS RE titles?  

You're hitting yourself with your own debate logic.

As for how well Bayonetta 2 does on Wii U?  Depends on when it comes, how it's marketed, what's the genre competition.   You know, things that matter far more so than the fact the first title appeared on a different console makers console.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Well this is weird.

lilbroex said:
Jay520 said:
FrancisNobleman said:
Jay520 said:
lilbroex said:

They are feeling the burn across the internet. The butts are hurting *grabs helmet and sets up sandbags*. I smell the blood lust about.

Woah..., some people are getting banned in GAF over this as well. They really don't like the fact that it is exclusive to the Wii U.

Why can't we just be happy that we are getting Bayonetta 2?

Maybe because they can't play the game on their ideal system.

I think ideal system is a dying fashion honestly. Nowadays is pretty commmon for people to own multiple systems.

I can see myself 3 years down the road owning a Ps4, wii u, 3DS, vita and a 2nd/3rd gen Ouyia for android gaming or a new smartphone. And PC of course.

Perhaps, but many Bayonetta fans already own a PS3 or 360 and may not intend to purchase a Wii U anytime soon, if ever. They may not find the console appealing at all and/or don't think its worth just for one game. Moreover, many people may play their games mainly on one system, perhaps due to controller preference, achievements, etc. It's understandable how people can be annoyed by this decision.

Final Fantasy 7

Street FIghter IV

Sonic Generations

This is nothing new.

I never even implied that this was a new decision. I'm aware that this has happened before. That doesn't negate what I said. It was annoying then and its annoying now. It's not just going stop being annoying because it happened a few times.

Around the Network

When's it released?

Sucks for the fans of the first who weren't planning on getting a new console, but this is what we've been screaming for Nintendo to do. Hopefully, people actually show with their wallets that there's an interest in such games on Nintendo systems.

Bayonetta was not my thing but getting the sequel as an exclusive is very good news for the perception of the console.

lilbroex said:

I honestly couldn't remember the name of the game and I didn't feel like looking. I've always thought Halo was a joke since the first game so that was a given.

I like this statement from Billiechu to that Lucc dude on GAF

So you're not going to buy a system with the games you want... because?

Heck, I never liked Sony but the PSX and PS2 had the games I wanted to play so I bought them and played the games on it. The way people are reacting to this is just absurd.

if you say so.

Anyway, some people are over-reacting but at the end of the day, I can see why most people are upset with the decision.

People on the net must be bipolar, I remember Bayonetta has been slammed by people online for ages and PG seem to be the most hated studio despite being one of the best. This is evident with the whole MGR saga, now Bayonetta 2 is a U exclusive and the online goers are doing their nut.