By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bayonetta 2 100% exclusive for the Wii U!!

Kenology said:
BTW, I must mention once again that I'm loving the meltdowns. :D

Never though Bayonetta could cause so much controversy and meltdowns... it's almots at 2000 posts in neogaf

Escalated quite fast.

Around the Network
Chandler said:
How many Nintendo published games have been ported to other systems?

This is true. Nintendo's kept Rare from getting anything that Nintendo had publisher rights on out to other systems (like how Banjo and Banjo Tooie never ended up on XBLA, nor, infamously, Goldeneye)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

BasilZero said:

Waiting for the PS3 version of part 1 to go on bargain bin price lol

O_o

How much longer are you planning on waiting?

I generally see it for about £10 new, £5 used here in the UK.  That's pretty much as cheap as it's going to get until next generation I think.

I understand people getting annoyed by this decision (I will personally be if a game I really like goes to another console) but after seeing some comments this is just getting ridiculous, some people said they prefer this game to stayed cancelled than being on the Wii U and that it's just stupid -.- 

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:
Wyrdness said:
People on the net must be bipolar, I remember Bayonetta has been slammed by people online for ages and PG seem to be the most hated studio despite being one of the best. This is evident with the whole MGR saga, now Bayonetta 2 is a U exclusive and the online goers are doing their nut.

i understand people who loved bayonetta to react at least not amused (but didn't look in other threads, no clue how they are raging), as much as nintendo fans would react with the next starfox or so for 360/ps3. yes this won't happen but in theory, they would have to buy a new console now just to play a game they loved and which could run on a console they already own (just in theory, it probably couldn't run on wii then). i bet some of the people here in this thread who laugh about those people now would react the same just vice versa

Except Star Fox is a first party game not a third party one so that would be a different case, a third party game you like is a different prospect to a first party game you like. The mad men online are the same group who flew off the handle when FFXIII became multiplatform so I doubt it's about having to buy a new platform as being at the end of a gen expect to have to buy a new platform soon regardless and how I see it Bayonetta 2 is being developed for the ground up for a next gen platform (don't care about the usual garbage from people the U is next gen and has good specs) which will benefit it heavily.

The are also the rumours behind Bayonetta 2 actually being cancelled before hand before being picked up by Nintendo, so they may have done the fans of the original a big favour.

osed125 said:

I understand people getting annoyed by this decision (I will personally be if a game I really like goes to another console) but after seeing some comments this is just getting ridiculous, some people said they prefer this game to stayed cancelled than being on the Wii U and that it's just stupid -.- 

Exactly.  And that's the type of crazy bitterness that I'll never understand.  Like, Nintendo saved it from cancellation and now it'll be available for everyone to play.  So what it's on Wii U, be glad it EXISTS!

rossoner said:
I smell flop sales wise.

Probably sega deluxe something port in a year on next gen ps/xbox.

Wasn't the original a flop?

This dpes not make any sense. The first game was not even available on any Nintendo Platform. But Maybe they hope tho sell more copies because of less competition. But I don´t believe this will boost the Wii U much because Bayonetta is not that big. Still I am happy the sequel is coming after all.

Now we'll just have to endure the port begging for the next couple of months. :D