By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bayonetta 2 100% exclusive for the Wii U!!

It does make sense. It was supposed to be cancelled earlier this year due to SEGA's restructuring, I bet Nintendo swooped in to save it at that moment. You should be thankful that Nintendo did or we probably would have never saw this.

Around the Network
Kenology said:
Now we'll just have to endure the port begging for the next couple of months. :D

My thought is that we'll quickly forget about this game because it looks to only be out in the haze of concept mode

Plus being under the Nintendo umbrella now means we'll probably hear jack shit about the game until next E3, whereas if it were outside the domain of the Nintendo ninjas, we'd at least get a trickle of info. The port begging will die into the game resurfaces.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

They could include the first game in the package too.
That would facilitate things a bit for newcomers. In fact, I think they will.

This was a smart move of Nintendo.

It shows also that they read game forums on regular basis. The first game had a reputation and even some cult status among some.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Around the Network
Viper1 said:

It's shipped.   Unless they report figures from an external 3rd party tracking firm, it's always shipped.  SEC rules.

And I think we're done here.   You're arguing at me like I said the sales were fantastic and still ignoring the important fact that it was limited by the size of the install base which gave a very high install to ownership ratio.   I'm not trying to tell you that shareholders are pleased with a high install to ownership ratio, merely that as a quantifiable unit of measure, it was very good.  If you can't grasp that, move on.

But....you did say the sales were good, so I am "arguing" at you like you said exactly what you said.

install to ownership ratio doesn't really factor into anything other then How many a Console Manufacturer got to switch to their side, does nothing for the Developers. So yes I fail to see how that is even partially relevant to this thread or discussion. Was basically talking about how NOT a good Idea this is for the Bayonetta series to repeat what they did with RE4 if it is to ever grow and actually make it to a 3rd entry(mind you the first game didn't sell all that well on multiple consoles so expectations can only be lower for this one).

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

forevercloud3000 said:
Viper1 said:

It's shipped.   Unless they report figures from an external 3rd party tracking firm, it's always shipped.  SEC rules.

And I think we're done here.   You're arguing at me like I said the sales were fantastic and still ignoring the important fact that it was limited by the size of the install base which gave a very high install to ownership ratio.   I'm not trying to tell you that shareholders are pleased with a high install to ownership ratio, merely that as a quantifiable unit of measure, it was very good.  If you can't grasp that, move on.

But....you did say the sales were good, so I am "arguing" at you like you said exactly what you said.

install to ownership ratio doesn't really factor into anything other then How many a Console Manufacturer got to switch to their side, does nothing for the Developers. So yes I fail to see how that is even partially relevant to this thread or discussion. Was basically talking about how NOT a good Idea this is for the Bayonetta series to repeat what they did with RE4 if it is to ever grow and actually make it to a 3rd entry(mind you the first game didn't sell all that well on multiple consoles so expectations can only be lower for this one).

Ever read an article that quotes someone saying something but that's not actually all they actually said?  It was taken out of context?

For example: "Obama comes out..."    But the text was actually "Obama comes out of the Oval Office after signing a new bill."    See?  Totally different when you take it out of context.

So stop taking me out of context already.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

If a franchise I love went to another console, I could say I MIGHT stop playing it or I don't want to on that hardware...
But to say that I'd rather see it cancelled, than having it on another console... That's just bloody mad, I can't fathom why someone would even think/consider that??????

Hell, I was a little jealous that the first was only on PS360, but still happy that some people got to play that.
Now I'm more sad about the comments like these I see on NeoGaf, than being happy I get the chance to play the 2nd instalment...

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!
BasilZero said:
Kresnik said:
BasilZero said:

Waiting for the PS3 version of part 1 to go on bargain bin price lol

O_o

How much longer are you planning on waiting?

I generally see it for about £10 new, £5 used here in the UK.  That's pretty much as cheap as it's going to get until next generation I think.

As soon as I made my post I went to check on Amazon and the price for the game is $11.99 LOL

I want to get it...but I got too many games atm lol...hmmmmmMMmmmMmmmmm

Basil, it seems like you always want to buy everything

not trying to be "that guy" but I don't really understand all the fuss regarding Bayonetta 2 being Wii U exclusive, using VGC's numbers the game has barely sold over 2mil(not that it's bad) over both the PS3/360...judging by those sales and it being a new-gen franchise I doubt it will be a game changer in favor of the Wii U, I say it might outsell the 360 version but doubt it will outsell the PS3 version(of the original Bayonetta)