By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bayonetta 2 100% exclusive for the Wii U!!

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Sega just shot themselves in the foot. I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an a******. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Bayonetta 2, nor will they purchase any of Segas games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Sega has alienated an entire market with this move.

Sega, publicly apologize and make Bayonetta 2 on Ps360 too or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Is this a joke comment?

Hmm... I would say 'for sure'

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

Around the Network
Stefan.De.Machtige said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Sega just shot themselves in the foot. I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an a******. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Bayonetta 2, nor will they purchase any of Segas games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Sega has alienated an entire market with this move.

Sega, publicly apologize and make Bayonetta 2 on Ps360 too or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Is this a joke comment?

yes and its from neogaf

darthdevidem01 said:

+1 Darth

I lol at this every time!

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Is this a joke comment?

lol...see this for the origin of the joke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-uTnqYHZ-I

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Is this a joke comment?

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/User:Aizmov/Japan_and_shame_meme 

Around the Network

I have Bayonetta on the PS3 and im on board with this

Mr Khan said:
Chandler said:
How many Nintendo published games have been ported to other systems?

This is true. Nintendo's kept Rare from getting anything that Nintendo had publisher rights on out to other systems (like how Banjo and Banjo Tooie never ended up on XBLA, nor, infamously, Goldeneye)

Is this sarcasm? Because Nintendo SOLD those IP's. Whose gonna buy Bayonetta? Sega already said via Twitter that they basically just allowed Nintendo to use the IP and fund PG's developement. Nintendo will also publish the game everywhere in the world. This game is going nowhere without Nintendos permission because it's entirely funded by them, Sega only gets a premium for usage of PG and the IP and they do nothing else besides advising or whatever.

This game was already cancelled and Sega sunk money in it without any return so I guess it is plausible that Nintendo took that bill for struggling Sega plus a little something for the use of PG and got all the rights for the game in return. Maybe they even bought the whole IP, but I guess not since Sega's Logo is still represent.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

I'll buy the WiiU for this, you bet!

bazmeistergen said:
Viper1 said:
forevercloud3000 said:
Viper1 said:

Resident Evil 4 jumped to GC and did very well for such a small console install base.

Not really when it only sold about 1.4million and the series entries before it were selling 4million+. Hense the reason they hurrily made a PS2 port of it which went on to sell another 3.5million. That is what happens when you keep shaking up a fanbase with switching to different consoles.

What did I just say?   "did very well for such a small console install base."

Did you read "did very well" and ignored the rest?  

And it sold 1.6 million on GC and 2.2 million on PS2.  Unless you want to call Capcom wrong on their own figures.

Plus a couple of million on Wii, which takes it past the 4+million - so in fact didn't spoil sales at all by 'scattering'

The Wii version is a ReRelease, which is the equivalant of a Developer taking a game they made several years ago, repackaging it for another audience. Most of those sales are probably existing fans from the game who just upgraded to the Wii.

Persona games have all just been rereleased on PSP and sold about the same or a bit less, meaning the overlap of PSP and PS2 owners is significant. I know I bought P3, P3 FES,and will get P3P. Also P4 will also be hitting Vita, another Rerelease/Remake. Same fanbase, not new ones.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Bayonetta 1 comes as extra content?

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"