By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bayonetta 2 100% exclusive for the Wii U!!

It doesn't matter if it flops (it probably would've flopped had it been released on xbox/sony consoles cos it's that type of game. Has a platinum /Clover game ever performed well saleswise, despite their constant accolades???)...it'll likely be a critical hit which will give the wii u some street cred.
I think the big picture to focus on is the fact that Platinum Games are developing for nintendo and this is just the beginning of what will be a beautiful relationship spawning some fine offspring...or so I hope.

(all we need now is for them to make an okami style game for wii u and I'll have a permanent erection!)

Around the Network
Heavenly_King said:
lilbroex said:
Heavenly_King said:

It is still a SEGA IP, and that wont change because nintendo put some money in the development for the sequel, just like in the case of ninja gaiden 2. If there is motivation  to bring it multiplatform (not so great sales) Sega will think a way to do it. Adding more content, changing some content, and having a different title.

From where you get the idea that just because a game got some money from certain company it suddenly becomes it´s property?  M$ have completely funded in the past games like Star Ocean 4, Tales of Vesperia, and PS3 versions were eventually released.  As long as Nintendo or M$/Sony dont own the IP the developer can do whatever they want with it.

Not it isn't. Bayonetta is a SEGA IP. Bayonetta 2 is a SEGA/Nintendo joint.

But it still a SEGA IP.  It is not like if SEGA has sold 50% of the IP rights to Nintendo.    What you said offers no explanation to guarantee an "absolute" exclusive.   Nintendo is paying less than what M$ did with those 2 games I mentioned.   They paid FOR THE WHOLE development, and all of that was just for timed exclusivity; so,  do you really think Nintendo paying half or a bit more of the game, will get a forever exclusivity?? Maybe if Sega CEO is brainwashed, but still, money is what matters in today´s world and I dont think they will ignore an oportunity to make more money.

If they dont release a multiplat version it would most probably be because of how atrocious the game was received, an example of that is The Last Remnant, another g]ame funded by M$, but it was considered by SE so crappy that they decided to throw the franchise to the trash can instead of continuing it, and release it for the PS3.

Sequal was being canceled and nintendo bought it back.

The games you meantion were not dead and bought back to life.

Mircosoft only pays time exlusives. They have no desire to buy a full game.

Nintendo is co-developering and publishing the game.

If I were to be any other game and you would instantly say it will never go anyway.

Your argument is very bias and against the obvious fact of reality.

Bayonetta 2 is staying WII-U Only move on.

EVEN if the game flops Nintnedo will lose money not PlaGames.

This is another reason why it will not be on xbox360-PS3

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

Heavenly_King said:
Play4Fun said:
Heavenly_King said:
lilbroex said:

I did not see that coming. What does this mean for the Wii U?

Even more, what does this mean for the PS3 and 360?

We need more data. I missed the showing in both the EU and NA direct. Was it exsclusive or just announced?

EDIT:

So it is exsclusive. Well, I'm officialy sold on the Wii U.

It means nothing.   The PS3 users will still have the best action adventure/ hack and slash series at their disposal (God of War), while 360 users wont care because they dont give a damn about that genre.

Lol. Sour grapes. Is that why there are meltdowns on forums all over the net because of this being WiiU timed exclusive?

I am in this forum because I did not know about the WiiU Bayonetta news.  I saw the comment, and want to answer it.  If the franchise was a multi million seller in the PS3/360 (that would mean it is a huge loved franchise) the sequel would have already been released, dont you think?? It sold good, but nothing great, and that is why Nintendo can afford to buy the "timed" exclusivity of this tittle.   I say timed exclusivity, because M$ in the past has funded games completely like the Last Remnant, Star Ocean 4 and Tales of Vesperia, and the only thing it got was a year of exclusivity.

The game was being developed for PS360 (and PC) and then Sega, who was publishing it, dropped it causing it to be cancelled.

Nintendo picked it up and are publishing it. Don't hold your breath waiting for the "timed exclusive" to go to your platform of choice.

And only multi-million sellers are huge loved franchises now? lol.

This game may be niche but it is considered on of the best games of this generation. It's fanbase have been asking for the sequel ever since the first one.

FrancisNobleman said:
Jay520 said:
lilbroex said:

They are feeling the burn across the internet. The butts are hurting *grabs helmet and sets up sandbags*. I smell the blood lust about.

Woah..., some people are getting banned in GAF over this as well. They really don't like the fact that it is exclusive to the Wii U.

Why can't we just be happy that we are getting Bayonetta 2?

Maybe because they can't play the game on their ideal system.

I think ideal system is a dying fashion honestly. Nowadays is pretty commmon for people to own multiple systems.

I can see myself 3 years down the road owning a Ps4, wii u, 3DS, vita and a 2nd/3rd gen Ouyia for android gaming or a new smartphone. And PC of course.

Perhaps, but many Bayonetta fans already own a PS3 or 360 and may not intend to purchase a Wii U anytime soon, if ever. They may not find the console appealing at all and/or don't think its worth just for one game. Moreover, many people may play their games mainly on one system, perhaps due to controller preference, achievements, etc. It's understandable how people can be annoyed by this decision.

Viper1 said:
forevercloud3000 said:

Gamecube = 1.69Million

Playstation 2 = 3.62Million

Sorry if my rushed numbers confused you, the data still stands the same. If it had of stayed a Gamecube exclusive it would have been a flop for the series.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/business/million.html

I just told you:

GC - 1.6 million.
PS2 - 2.2 million.

And I just told you..."did very well for such a small console install base."

What part of that last bit continues to confuse you?

Depends on whose numbers are more accurate. Publishers don't exactly have a magical way of telling how much a game sold at retail either, they go through the similar venues as VGChartz does. The only numbers Capcom would be able to say with complete certainty would be Shipped numbers. Nevertheless even with Capcom's numbers you still are only tapping into about half of a userbase. What part of THAT don't you understand? A sequel is suppose to outperform the predecessor not do worse. To sell to only half of what you could of had is bad business and a bad move. So, once again, the port was needed to satiate the other half of the RE fanbase on PS that were not willing to migrate to GC to have it.

Time will repeat itself with Bayonetta 2.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Around the Network

meh, didnt like the first one so this isnt doing anything for me, in terms of making me want a Wii U anytime soon(will get one eventually) BUT these are the kind of moves I like to see from Ninty that they were NOT doing throughout the entire lifetime of Wii. This is them being serious about getting third party support and that is always a good thing.

lilbroex said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Lilbroex do you like this news about the fact wiiU got a new game or you are just happy that the fans who bought the first game will not get this and are pissed off ?

calm your tits ffs

It really shouldn't be that big of a deal honestly. I mean, don't 360 fans still have Halo 4(giggles) and don't PS3 fans still have that....that game with the dude who has the beard and the little girl following him(forgot what its called).

What is this even supposed to mean? Why put 'giggles' after Halo and then pretend like you don't know the name of TLoU. And even if you didn't, it only takes 15 seconds to find out. What sort of game are you playing? If you have something to say, then just say it. Don't dance around wordplay.

In any case, I'm sure you know that gamers don't just play one or two games. So if someone's going to play Halo 4 or TLoU, that doesn't automatically diminish their desire for Bayonetta 2. I'm not even sure why you brought this up.

lilbroex said:

Final Fantasy 7

Street FIghter IV

Sonic Generations

This is nothing new.

Just because it's nothing new doesn't mean it's nothing to get a little annoyed at.

Let's say you only get a Wii U next gen. A game comes out for it that you really love, and then the sequel to that game gets made but it's exclusive to another platform. Wouldn't you be a little upset?