Forums - Movies Discussion - Marvel killing off **Spoiler Alert** after 50 years of glory!

Tagged games:

twesterm said:
Chandler said:
Smeags said:
Chandler said:
Why is Cyclops burning. Doesn't that hurt?

He's one of two carriers of the Phoenix Force... aka he's really freaking powerful right now.

More powerful than Wolverine? And is the other carrier Phoenix Wright?

Why do people always think Wolverine is powerful?  He's a badass, but in terms of mutant powers, he's not that powerful.  True, killing him is a bitch, but any number of other mutants can stop him (and often do).

I didn't say he is powerful. My Super Hero knowledge is as far as movies and video games go, I have read a couple of Lobo comics. But Wolverine is probably the most famous X-Man and I know what he does (because I have seen the movie) so it was more like someone who asks for something to be put in DBZ power levels.

How strong is Cyclops in DBZ power levels btw? I always thought he is pretty lame. Like a human with a laser strapped to his head. Not even a shark.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Around the Network
Chandler said:
twesterm said:
Chandler said:
Smeags said:
Chandler said:
Why is Cyclops burning. Doesn't that hurt?

He's one of two carriers of the Phoenix Force... aka he's really freaking powerful right now.

More powerful than Wolverine? And is the other carrier Phoenix Wright?

Why do people always think Wolverine is powerful?  He's a badass, but in terms of mutant powers, he's not that powerful.  True, killing him is a bitch, but any number of other mutants can stop him (and often do).

I didn't say he is powerful. My Super Hero knowledge is as far as movies and video games go, I have read a couple of Lobo comics. But Wolverine is probably the most famous X-Man and I know what he does (because I have seen the movie) so it was more like someone who asks for something to be put in DBZ power levels.

How strong is Cyclops in DBZ power levels btw?

Right now (and forgive me for not being 100%, it has been years since I watched DBZ) but probably around the Goku + Vegeta (Vegeto?  Whatever the fusion thing was called).  Before AvX?  I don't know, maybe Piccolo but a brilliant leader.

twesterm said:

Right now (and forgive me for not being 100%, it has been years since I watched DBZ) but probably around the Goku + Vegeta (Vegeto?  Whatever the fusion thing was called).  Before AvX?  I don't know, maybe Piccolo but a brilliant leader.

I just realized that the DBZ power level thing doesn't work for me since I have never seen DBZ and only know the "ovah ninethhoouussaannnd" meme from World of Warcraft. Sorry :)

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

So what? He'll be back they all always come back to life, super hero comics always stay the damn same thats why I stopped reading them.

badgenome said:
OH MAN. I BET HE STAYS DEAD, TOO, UNLIKE EVERY OTHER COMIC BOOK CHARACTER EVER.

including the many times professor X was killed in the past.

Most notibly when the brood completely destroyed his body.  Something about a clone body and psychic presense in that one.

I wouldn't be surprised if Xavier comes back as soon as the Phoniex is defeated in some "Revival wave".

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
He'll be dead for less time than Jesus

(or was that in poor taste?)

Too soon, bro.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

He'll just get resurrected or retconned into a black version to suit a movie or some bollocks.

No one in comic books is ever truly dead.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Man, Jesus has nothing on comic book characters. People have been waiting for him to come back from the dead for over 2000 years, meanwhile in comic book land characters seem do be doing it every other week.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Mr Khan said:
spurgeonryan said:
masschamber said:
I think there should be headline every time Wonderman dies
personally I liked it back when comics had realistic stories like superman dressing up as a genie to trick Jimmy Olsen into tricking a psychic bank robber into revealing the location of the atomic element that he stole from the bank.

They could, but who is Wonderman?

Marvel superhero, basically received energy powers from an ex-Nazi who thought he could use him against the Avengers, but he turned hero on them. Eventually evolved into an energy being, very overpowered at times.

he also dies regularly or at least used.

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!