By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Marvel killing off **Spoiler Alert** after 50 years of glory!

Tagged games:

axumblade said:
darkknightkryta said:
axumblade said:
forevercloud3000 said:
@Axum
also the Pheonix is kind of symbiotic (think Venom) which means it mind merges with it's host. Ever since the Pheonix merged with Jean it has a bit of her abilities and also thinks a bit like her. This is another reason the Pheonix can't seem to keep away from Cyclops as it feels remnants of Jean's love for him...yet in it's warped mind it is mostly lust. Same thing with Wolverine, Pheonix could read Jean's dark desire for the bad boy.

I read the original comic when Emma Frost first got possessed by the Pheonix and it started emulating Emma and Jean.

Yeah. I've been wanting to get back into the series but there's just so much to keep up with. I used to use the PSP comic app all the time but since I got my vita, I've kinda ignored it. x.o

Do you still have those comics?  I mean, if you go to Marvel digital, will you still have them there?

Good question. I'm not 100% sure if they would be there or not. I will have to check it out.

You should, atleast if you have them  you can read them on tablets or online via Marvel.com.  If you get an Xcomics account you can actually link the two.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
forevercloud3000 said:
KylieDog said:
forevercloud3000 said:

It was explained in the original line of comics that Cyclops possesses one of(if not THE) strongest projectile power in the universe that is wielded by a single mutant. Something to do with the fact that his power is actually coming through a portal in his head that links to a deminsion of pure energy.

So powerful it gets blocked by a pair of sunglasses...

A portal in his head?  What is this crap.

Well the idea is that the Ruby Quartz in his glasses "Reflect" them back into his eyes. Even high powered lasers bend off a strong reflective surface because they are basically light.

Don't shoot me, I am just the messenger! D-:

WHat about when he closes his eyes, just a thin bit of eyelid skin stops the beam somehow, yet this hurts his enemies?

Well I assume his body has some level of immunity to it. Similar to the corosive acids in our stomach that hurt other things but don't turn us inside out. Or it could possibly be explained as the back of his eyelids and all of his eye canal are actual part of the portal.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Puuuuh lease!

Not to Mention, hes under the influence of Pheonix, So a scape goat is already created

forevercloud3000 said:
KylieDog said:
forevercloud3000 said:
KylieDog said:
forevercloud3000 said:

It was explained in the original line of comics that Cyclops possesses one of(if not THE) strongest projectile power in the universe that is wielded by a single mutant. Something to do with the fact that his power is actually coming through a portal in his head that links to a deminsion of pure energy.

Well the idea is that the Ruby Quartz in his glasses "Reflect" them back into his eyes. Even high powered lasers bend off a strong reflective surface because they are basically light.

WHat about when he closes his eyes, just a thin bit of eyelid skin stops the beam somehow, yet this hurts his enemies?

Well I assume his body has some level of immunity to it. Similar to the corosive acids in our stomach that hurt other things but don't turn us inside out. Or it could possibly be explained as the back of his eyelids and all of his eye canal are actual part of the portal.

should be mentioned btw regarding his "pair of sunglasses" when he is destroyed completely by Jean Grey on the beach in X-men3 by whatever means that she destroyed him which even went so far as to break gravity and laws of phsics in the area.... those glass's with the Ruby quartz survived the destruction while there was no remains of Scott.... it should be noted that when wolverine shows them to her later to evoke an emotional reaction she does destroy them then in his hands but it's focused on just the glasses since she doesn't want to be reminded of what she done. But still.... they aint just shades if they can take that kinda beating :)

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

ganoncrotch said:
forevercloud3000 said:

should be mentioned btw regarding his "pair of sunglasses" when he is destroyed completely by Jean Grey on the beach in X-men3 by whatever means that she destroyed him which even went so far as to break gravity and laws of phsics in the area.... those glass's with the Ruby quartz survived the destruction while there was no remains of Scott.... it should be noted that when wolverine shows them to her later to evoke an emotional reaction she does destroy them then in his hands but it's focused on just the glasses since she doesn't want to be reminded of what she done. But still.... they aint just shades if they can take that kinda beating :)

Bah! Don't remind me of X3....

I love X3's interpretation of Pheonix's psychosis. Yet what they did to her Plot lines is a total tragedy. Pheonix killing Cyclops?WHAT!?! I have never felt so disgusted. What a total cop out (I know James Marston wanted to leave, mostly because they kept downsizing his character), it made no sense within the Xmen realm. Cyclops has always been the screw that kept everything into place. Not to mention they killed the backbone too, ProfX.

Apparently the Pheonix's ability in the movie had somekind of weird blind spot where she obliterates all of ProfX and Cyclops but his glasses survive. Then she faces off against Wolverine and .........can't destroy him in a blink of an eye? Bullshit. I understand ProfX being able to resist her, he was trying to control her telepathically while she was trying to tear him apart. Yet no level of healing(when Wolverine's healing has never been that fast to begin with) is going to stop the Pheonix Force from tearing you apart molecule by molecule. She can build matter and then destroy it, COME ON!

but I Digress... 

Greatness Awaits

Around the Network
forevercloud3000 said:
Oh and for any who didn't play them, Xmen Legends1&2 are the BEST Marvel RPG games you will ever find. I hated ultimate alliance as most of the roster was stupid. Yet Legend had some of the coolest and most iconic Mutants at your disposal. Can't really beat that. If you get the chance, definitely play them.

Still hoping/praying they will create another Legends game.

Maaaaaybe RPG Videogames.   The Marvel Superheos Pen and Paper RPG is the best overall.  Though long out of print and old as heck.

forevercloud3000 said:
KylieDog said:
forevercloud3000 said:
KylieDog said:
forevercloud3000 said:

Actually, only our stomach is immune to our stomach acid.  Getting shot in the stomach is extremely dangerous because you can die pretty eaisly from your stomach acid frying your insides.

Though yeah.  Cyclops and his Brother can absorb each others energy blasts without taking damage.  So i'd guess they are immune to their own powers as well.

now i hate cyclops even more. Can someone kill him please?

forevercloud3000 said:
ganoncrotch said:
forevercloud3000 said:

Bah! Don't remind me of X3....

I love X3's interpretation of Pheonix's psychosis. Yet what they did to her Plot lines is a total tragedy. Pheonix killing Cyclops?WHAT!?! I have never felt so disgusted. What a total cop out (I know James Marston wanted to leave, mostly because they kept downsizing his character), it made no sense within the Xmen realm. Cyclops has always been the screw that kept everything into place. Not to mention they killed the backbone too, ProfX.

Apparently the Pheonix's ability in the movie had somekind of weird blind spot where she obliterates all of ProfX and Cyclops but his glasses survive. Then she faces off against Wolverine and .........can't destroy him in a blink of an eye? Bullshit. I understand ProfX being able to resist her, he was trying to control her telepathically while she was trying to tear him apart. Yet no level of healing(when Wolverine's healing has never been that fast to begin with) is going to stop the Pheonix Force from tearing you apart molecule by molecule. She can build matter and then destroy it, COME ON!

but I Digress... 

aye, the longer that scene went on for the more unbelievable it became..... just there watching it thinking... hmmmmm trailer feast shots here which is good for someone watching the trailer of the movie so they see some action and wolverine looking like he's in a wind tunnel but yeah didn't really make much sense, I mean you could say she was emotionally damaged so she wasn't focused after killing Scott and Charles but it was apparently those emotions earlier which she used to break shit.

Could probably just put down the weird bits of X3s plot down to it not being written by David Hayter like the first two... I mean come on, he has starred in some of the longest story based movies of gaming history :D saying that tho, that trilogy of X-Men films sits pretty proud on my dvd case, some class movies as long as you can overlook a few bits.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

PDF said:
twesterm said:
Chandler said:
twesterm said:
Chandler said:
Smeags said:
Chandler said:
Why is Cyclops burning. Doesn't that hurt?

He's one of two carriers of the Phoenix Force... aka he's really freaking powerful right now.

More powerful than Wolverine? And is the other carrier Phoenix Wright?

Why do people always think Wolverine is powerful?  He's a badass, but in terms of mutant powers, he's not that powerful.  True, killing him is a bitch, but any number of other mutants can stop him (and often do).

I didn't say he is powerful. My Super Hero knowledge is as far as movies and video games go, I have read a couple of Lobo comics. But Wolverine is probably the most famous X-Man and I know what he does (because I have seen the movie) so it was more like someone who asks for something to be put in DBZ power levels.

How strong is Cyclops in DBZ power levels btw?

Right now (and forgive me for not being 100%, it has been years since I watched DBZ) but probably around the Goku + Vegeta (Vegeto?  Whatever the fusion thing was called).  Before AvX?  I don't know, maybe Piccolo but a brilliant leader.

WTF when and how did he become so powerful.  If he is Vegito then what is Magneto.    You can go buy the level of mutant strengths used in the 3rd movie to explain.  Magneto is a lvl 4 I think and Jeane Gray is the only lvl 5 at that time.  (but you have to compare Magneto to DBZ one character for my own entertainment)

He's OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hrm....sry had to say it. The XMEN universe mutant abilities are based on how they work as much as how physically strong they are in execution, at least that is how I rate them.

Magneto and Professor X are both Level 4. This alone is an epic display of power. Magneto can bend cities into nothing, he can tear the iron out of your blood. God forbid your bones are made of metal because than you could NEVER defeat him(Wolverine). ProfX is the strongest telepath in the world, his closest Rival I think was Emma Frost but that was by a huge margin.

Jean Gray/Pheonix is a Level 5 Jean is an intermediate telepath, but pretty powerful psykenetic(moving things with her mind).This would still only put her at about a 3.5-4. Now add the Pheonix Force to the mix and it gets dangerous(should add that the PF can pocess anyone tho, jump starting them to L5 perportions). The ability to control matter on a molecular level, dismembering and reshaping it to it's will. Then it also has the ability of never ending Rebirth, as in it can never truely be dead because once you kill it it just respawns somewhere else in hibernation.

Cyclops on the other hand is only about a 3-3.5 because his lack of control of his ability. If he could wield it more fluently he might be a L4. This is why he is so much more a formidible foe when he is turned bad because then he stops giving a fuck who is in his eye sight. Gives a whole new meaning to "If looks could kill". Cyclops with full "Omega Optic Blast" mode would overtake Goku's strongest Kamehameha, Yet.....Goku is also light fast so he wouldn't stand much of a chance in that respect. 

Greatness Awaits