Forums - Movies Discussion - Marvel killing off **Spoiler Alert** after 50 years of glory!

Tagged games:

darkknightkryta said:

I was just pissed off the way he lost to Emma.  Like, really? Diamond shards?  That's what beat Thor?  Diamond Shards?  I wanna slap the man that wrote that!  He could easily have blasted all the diamonds that would have hit him with his lightning.  I mean, I understand him losing to the phoenix itself, but not to a bunch of falling diamond shards.

Oh yeah... that was really dumb. *laughs*

It should have ended with him shattering her into the atmosphere... and then he would leave, thinking he had won (Winner: Thor). But then in the aftermath it would show Emma reconstructing herself and walking off.

But they had to get dumb on us.

Around the Network
badgenome said:
OH MAN. I BET HE STAYS DEAD, TOO, UNLIKE EVERY OTHER COMIC BOOK CHARACTER EVER.

You know the downside of engaging in sarcasm and making bets off this, is someone may take you up on the bet, and you win.

Smeags said:
forevercloud3000 said:

It was explained in the original line of comics that Cyclops possesses one of(if not THE) strongest projectile power in the universe that is wielded by a single mutant. Something to do with the fact that his power is actually coming through a portal in his head that links to a deminsion of pure energy. Hense the reason Sinister obssessed over Cyclops and the Phenix's offspring so much....

Good point (I admit I'm not a big X-Men fan so I'm not that knowledgable. ^_^)

Like I said before, the only chance Thor would have against The Phoenix Force would be to wield the Odinforce. But... that's not gonna happen.

There is NOTHING in the universe more powerful than the Pheonix. That is exactly why she is a running gag joke among the Marvel universe. She/It is just too damn powerful to keep around, but it always makes for a rejuvenating plot line.

The Pheonix controls matter on a molecular level, has masive telepathic control(to a degree), and has that awesome ability of being freaking immortal.

The only Mutant or Marvel character that stands a chance is Wanda, aka Scarlet Witch. She has that strange Hex ability that basically allows her to bend reality to her liking(when she really sits and tries).

If it were not for the Pheonix's anger management problems and Anger control issues, they would never stop it.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

forevercloud3000 said:

There is NOTHING in the universe more powerful than the Pheonix. That is exactly why she is a running gag joke among the Marvel universe. She/It is just too damn powerful to keep around, but it always makes for a rejuvenating plot line.

The Pheonix controls matter on a molecular level, has masive telepathic control(to a degree), and has that awesome ability of being freaking immortal.

The only Mutant or Marvel character that stands a chance is Wanda, aka Scarlet Witch. She has that strange Hex ability that basically allows her to bend reality to her liking(when she really sits and tries).

If it were not for the Pheonix's anger management problems and Anger control issues, they would never stop it.

Or Hope harnessing a power of that dragon thing.

Yeah... the story in AvsX is getting weird.

Smeags said:
forevercloud3000 said:

It was explained in the original line of comics that Cyclops possesses one of(if not THE) strongest projectile power in the universe that is wielded by a single mutant. Something to do with the fact that his power is actually coming through a portal in his head that links to a deminsion of pure energy. Hense the reason Sinister obssessed over Cyclops and the Phenix's offspring so much....

Like I said before, the only chance Thor would have against The Phoenix Force would be to wield the Odinforce. But... that's not gonna happen.

I remember back in the Age of Apocalypse comics, where Cyclops is working for Mr. Sinister and his optic blast cut wolverine's hand off and it didn't even grow back (and of course Wolverine cut out one of Cyclops eyes.

To me, the character of Cyclops has always been more about trying to restrain/control his powers. Full blast can be pretty impactful. Throw in the phoenix powers, which intensify the powers I'm assuming (I haven't really followed comics since the 90's so I'm not certain).

Cyclops was one of my favorite characters back in the day but at the same time, it all depends on what universe you're in though I guess.

Around the Network

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PlwDbSYicM

I know supermans is DC but this is a fairly class youtube vid made by a good few famous people who love comics but it is regarding the death of superman or moreso the death of dying in comics.it's a good watch but it is 16mins long.

Fancy hearing me on an amateur podcast with friends gushing over one of my favourite games? https://youtu.be/1I7JfMMxhf8

axumblade said:
Smeags said:
forevercloud3000 said:

I remember back in the Age of Apocalypse comics, where Cyclops is working for Mr. Sinister and his optic blast cut wolverine's hand off and it didn't even grow back (and of course Wolverine cut out one of Cyclops eyes.

To me, the character of Cyclops has always been more about trying to restrain/control his powers. Full blast can be pretty impactful. Throw in the phoenix powers, which intensify the powers I'm assuming (I haven't really followed comics since the 90's so I'm not certain).

Cyclops was one of my favorite characters back in the day but at the same time, it all depends on what universe you're in though I guess.

Yea that is truely Cyclops's greatest weakness, his fear of his own power. You realize the first thing he ever does when somone takes his glasses is shut his eyes real tight and curl up. He is deeply afraid  of hurting somone innocent with his ability. This is a biproduct of his slightly emotionally abusive upbringing in foster care. Even when fighting bad guys he rarely ever turns his visor dial "all the way" which allows him to release more energy. 

I remember in the cartoon, after being fed up with Sinister's antics of trying to kill/control those he loved Cyclops gets hella pissed and takes off his visor and releases full force Omega Optic Blast on Sin, turning him into a puddle of quicksilver(he regenerates of course tho :P).

Greatness Awaits

@Axum
also the Pheonix is kind of symbiotic (think Venom) which means it mind merges with it's host. Ever since the Pheonix merged with Jean it has a bit of her abilities and also thinks a bit like her. This is another reason the Pheonix can't seem to keep away from Cyclops as it feels remnants of Jean's love for him...yet in it's warped mind it is mostly lust. Same thing with Wolverine, Pheonix could read Jean's dark desire for the bad boy.

I read the original comic when Emma Frost first got possessed by the Pheonix and it started emulating Emma and Jean.

Greatness Awaits

forevercloud3000 said:
@Axum
also the Pheonix is kind of symbiotic (think Venom) which means it mind merges with it's host. Ever since the Pheonix merged with Jean it has a bit of her abilities and also thinks a bit like her. This is another reason the Pheonix can't seem to keep away from Cyclops as it feels remnants of Jean's love for him...yet in it's warped mind it is mostly lust. Same thing with Wolverine, Pheonix could read Jean's dark desire for the bad boy.

I read the original comic when Emma Frost first got possessed by the Pheonix and it started emulating Emma and Jean.

Yeah. I've been wanting to get back into the series but there's just so much to keep up with. I used to use the PSP comic app all the time but since I got my vita, I've kinda ignored it. x.o

Oh and for any who didn't play them, Xmen Legends1&2 are the BEST Marvel RPG games you will ever find. I hated ultimate alliance as most of the roster was stupid. Yet Legend had some of the coolest and most iconic Mutants at your disposal. Can't really beat that. If you get the chance, definitely play them.

Still hoping/praying they will create another Legends game.

Greatness Awaits