By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Marvel killing off **Spoiler Alert** after 50 years of glory!

Tagged games:

Kasz216 said:
forevercloud3000 said:
Oh and for any who didn't play them, Xmen Legends1&2 are the BEST Marvel RPG games you will ever find. I hated ultimate alliance as most of the roster was stupid. Yet Legend had some of the coolest and most iconic Mutants at your disposal. Can't really beat that. If you get the chance, definitely play them.

Still hoping/praying they will create another Legends game.

Maaaaaybe RPG Videogames.   The Marvel Superheos Pen and Paper RPG is the best overall.  Though long out of print and old as heck.

eewww, who still plays those?! :P

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Around the Network
Heavenly_King said:
now i hate cyclops even more. Can someone kill him please?

You go ta Hell! You go ta Hell, YOU DIE!!!!

Greatness Awaits

He'll be back in a year or two, comics are a joke.

ganoncrotch said:

aye, the longer that scene went on for the more unbelievable it became..... just there watching it thinking... hmmmmm trailer feast shots here which is good for someone watching the trailer of the movie so they see some action and wolverine looking like he's in a wind tunnel but yeah didn't really make much sense, I mean you could say she was emotionally damaged so she wasn't focused after killing Scott and Charles but it was apparently those emotions earlier which she used to break shit.

Could probably just put down the weird bits of X3s plot down to it not being written by David Hayter like the first two... I mean come on, he has starred in some of the longest story based movies of gaming history :D saying that tho, that trilogy of X-Men films sits pretty proud on my dvd case, some class movies as long as you can overlook a few bits.

The movies do hold a certian nostalgia like charm that is inrefutable. Still don't like the way they always surrounded the story around XMEN's most tired member, Wolverine. We get it, hes the anti-hero bad boy that became a fav among fans but why did every other character's "character" have to suffer because of it?

Greatness Awaits

Otacon said:
He'll be back in a year or two, comics are a joke.

Nothing has to be permanant in the Marvel Universe when they put in characters like "The One Above All"(AKA. God, AKA. Stan Lee). Anytime they need a do-over they just pull out T.O.A.A, Proteus,Eternity, or Scarlet Witch.

I tend to just pretend some of these characters don't exist because the way I see it they are just like Superman. All power, no substance. There is no challenge if you are all powerful(and I mean really all powerful). At least the Pheonix's existance is based on a singular ability that in turn makes her powerful.

I love how Bleach(Anime) portrays the most obscure abilities and makes them into something unique yet powerful. For instance, Aeizan's ability is to put anyone who see's his katana under permanant hypnosis. Hes not really all that much more powerful than the other Death Gods but this ability does wonders. Most never even know they are under his spell until it is too late, seeing as it creates Mirage appearances where you wouldn't even know what you are looking at. Or lets look at Heroes(the TV series), Sylar was the coolest thing since sliced bread. His ability was to "Quickly gain a complete understanding how things worked by taking them apart", hence the reason he went on a killing spree to figure out how each of the Mutant's abilities worked and by doing so gaining the ability. This is how you develop a interesting ability that can be utilized for intense moments. Another reason why Kitty Pryde is so popular with a lame ability(to go ghost like), she's like a fucking Ninja Spy you can virtually never stop from getting in.

Greatness Awaits

Around the Network
forevercloud3000 said:
ganoncrotch said:

aye, the longer that scene went on for the more unbelievable it became..... just there watching it thinking... hmmmmm trailer feast shots here which is good for someone watching the trailer of the movie so they see some action and wolverine looking like he's in a wind tunnel but yeah didn't really make much sense, I mean you could say she was emotionally damaged so she wasn't focused after killing Scott and Charles but it was apparently those emotions earlier which she used to break shit.

Could probably just put down the weird bits of X3s plot down to it not being written by David Hayter like the first two... I mean come on, he has starred in some of the longest story based movies of gaming history :D saying that tho, that trilogy of X-Men films sits pretty proud on my dvd case, some class movies as long as you can overlook a few bits.

The movies do hold a certian nostalgia like charm that is inrefutable. Still don't like the way they always surrounded the story around XMEN's most tired member, Wolverine. We get it, hes the anti-hero bad boy that became a fav among fans but why did every other character's "character" have to suffer because of it?

aye there was a few bits and pieces throughout the trilogy that wouldn't have looked out of place in a wolverine fanfic, saying that tho I think Hugh Jackman done the actual role great justice in the look and his acting, just yeah he's story just kinda was pushed to the levels that it pushed others and their plots back into the shadow. Have to say this tho, his cameo in first class.... amazing.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

ganoncrotch said:

aye there was a few bits and pieces throughout the trilogy that wouldn't have looked out of place in a wolverine fanfic, saying that tho I think Hugh Jackman done the actual role great justice in the look and his acting, just yeah he's story just kinda was pushed to the levels that it pushed others and their plots back into the shadow. Have to say this tho, his cameo in first class.... amazing.

Hugh Jackman was perfectly cast, any gripes I have wit the movie is with the writers, not his portrayal. I think they all were pretty spot on (except of course the characters they turned to kids to make the movie more appealing to them).

I was not a fan of First Class, they really took way too many liberties(More than the original trilogy) with the story. And yet again, no Cyclops?In the First Class of XMen? Really? I could have sworn he was ProfX's first student and the first of the Xmen. A staple.....pulled out by force and disgarded for no reason.

Also they did another one of my favs a total injustice, Emma Frost. She is for lack of a better word, "Cunty" in the comics. Always sarcastic and Narcisistic, not some just dolled up bimbo who stays quiet in the corner while better men talk. She was suppose to be strong personality, a leader, not a brain dead lacky.

But I probably just sound like the typical bitter fanboy who never likes reinterpretations. Meh :/

Greatness Awaits

forevercloud3000 said:
ganoncrotch said:

Hugh Jackman was perfectly cast, any gripes I have wit the movie is with the writers, not his portrayal. I think they all were pretty spot on (except of course the characters they turned to kids to make the movie more appealing to them).

I was not a fan of First Class, they really took way too many liberties(More than the original trilogy) with the story. And yet again, no Cyclops?In the First Class of XMen? Really? I could have sworn he was ProfX's first student and the first of the Xmen. A staple.....pulled out by force and disgarded for no reason.

Also they did another one of my favs a total injustice, Emma Frost. She is for lack of a better word, "Cunty" in the comics. Always sarcastic and Narcisistic, not some just dolled up bimbo who stays quiet in the corner while better men talk. She was suppose to be strong personality, a leader, not a brain dead lacky.

But I probably just sound like the typical bitter fanboy who never likes reinterpretations. Meh :/

to be fair, you are right for the most part, I watched first class and enjoyed it, but I did so as a seperate movie... I mean I just knew in my mind it had very little to do with the Xmen outside of a bit of name dropping, the trilogy of films was enough for me but jackmans cameo was all I said I really loved in that film, not the movie itself :D

Have to ask btw, did you notice magnetos accent in that film? like for the majority of it he keeps it under wraps very well since he's actor was raised in Ireland but my god the scene on the beach when he is shouting a bit he starts to get excited and the Irish accent just pours through, it's not utterly the actors fault that this made it to the final cut, they could have went back and just rerecorded the audio for that scene but they just seemed to want to wrap up and get it finished and yeah I dunno just really offputting, not that I don't love a good Irish accent mind you, I'm Irish myself :D but no amount of rewrites or reimaginings of the Xmen universe should ever have Erik being from bloody Ireland.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

PDF said:
twesterm said:
Chandler said:
twesterm said:
Chandler said:
Smeags said:
Chandler said:
Why is Cyclops burning. Doesn't that hurt?

He's one of two carriers of the Phoenix Force... aka he's really freaking powerful right now.

More powerful than Wolverine? And is the other carrier Phoenix Wright?

Why do people always think Wolverine is powerful?  He's a badass, but in terms of mutant powers, he's not that powerful.  True, killing him is a bitch, but any number of other mutants can stop him (and often do).

I didn't say he is powerful. My Super Hero knowledge is as far as movies and video games go, I have read a couple of Lobo comics. But Wolverine is probably the most famous X-Man and I know what he does (because I have seen the movie) so it was more like someone who asks for something to be put in DBZ power levels.

How strong is Cyclops in DBZ power levels btw?

Right now (and forgive me for not being 100%, it has been years since I watched DBZ) but probably around the Goku + Vegeta (Vegeto?  Whatever the fusion thing was called).  Before AvX?  I don't know, maybe Piccolo but a brilliant leader.

WTF when and how did he become so powerful.  If he is Vegito then what is Magneto.    You can go buy the level of mutant strengths used in the 3rd movie to explain.  Magneto is a lvl 4 I think and Jeane Gray is the only lvl 5 at that time.  (but you have to compare Magneto to DBZ one character for my own entertainment)

Well, currently he's the Dark Phoenix...so, yeah, powerful.

who?