By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Kingdom Hearts slowly dying?

Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance - 180k~ (2012/3DS)
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep - 225k (2010/PSP)

When I saw these numbers in the OP and realized that they were the main argument in this topic, I could hear some of my brain cells screaming in agony.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
Turkish said:
Conegamer said:
No, not really. I expect KH3 to be either on the 3DS, or the WiiU, or both. Don't see the series moving to Sony anytime soon now after the success it's seen with Nintendo...

LOL! Kingdom Hearts franchise is more popular on Sony platforms.

Monster Hunter is most popular on the PSP, yet the 3DS and Wii got the two big games, not the PS3 or the Vita. The last console game was for the PS2 in 2005, and 3 of the 4 games released afterwards were for Nintendo handhelds. I'd be truly surprised if the series returns to Sony from now on, regardless of popularity (which, again, was around 7 years ago; you're comparing the PSP game with a much, much larger install base to the 3DS game which has confirmed sales of around the same as BBS, as has already been mentioned, not much lower, and you'll always get some series fatigue and saturation, so if anything all this proves is the series is far more popular on the 3DS, and with the legs we've seen it'll probably outsell if LT as well), so...

This thread just seems to be spinning the good-great sales of the 3DS game as poor for, what I can see, no real reason. If you wish to "LOL", please at least give accurate information for it.

I havent read your comment since it started with Monster Hunter. I suggest you go to the Kingdom Hearts gamedatabase and see how much each game has sold. Even BBS wich is released 1 year later than 358 days sold as much as that game and will eventually outsell it.

So no, don't come here and tell me KH is more successfull on Nintendo platforms when its OBVIOUS on wich platforms it sold the MOST.

Kingdom Hearts 3D it's selling better in US than BBS, IF this game keeps selling at this rate it might sell as much as BBS if not more.

But that aside, I kinda stopped caring about kingdom hearts since 3XX/2 days, to the point I no longer want a KH3, altough I will play both BBS and 3D eventually

3DS FC :  4339 - 3326 - 7693. Add me :) Nickname Tin

Square-Enix on a whole has been detrimental to all their franchises. I have a 3DS yet I can't be bothered to get Dream Drop Distance, yet I went out and got Birth By Sleep day of. This is slowly what's happening to Final Fantasy too. There will always be some crazy hardcore fans that will buy all and every Kingdom Hearts but that number has fallen drastically.

I think people are getting tired with constant side-games, but I doubt its dying.

If KH3 released this Holiday on WiiU, PS3 and 360... It would sell Millions.

Around the Network
PullusPardus said:
leo-j said:
They should have called Kingdom hearts BBS KH: Zero, as it's probably one of the most important games in the series.. and is truely a full fledged prequel..

and the one with the best characters too, not the annoying sora. 

If you cant stand Sora, then you shouldnt be playing this series.

Square Enix needs to play up the Disney side, so it can sell to more people than Nomura fans. Not too many people know or really care about Organization XIII and all these villains with unpronouncable names

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I always thought this series was most popular in Japan and that's why they keep supporting hand held platforms. Well my assumption was wrong.

I think the series is still going strong. If they made KH3 it would definitely sell millions as a multiplat title.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Turkish your OP is still based on a factually wrong assumption.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
Turkish your OP is still based on a factually wrong assumption.

I could swear I tried to explain this earlier, but I was just ignored by him so I've given up really. 

I guess if he admits the OP is wrong, and that his whole argument is wrong, then it wouldn't be a very good thread...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.