By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Kingdom Hearts slowly dying?

Conegamer said:
Mozzli said:
Yeah... my first post and some usefull link to this thread:
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/07/actually-kingdom-hearts-3d-sold-over-200000-copies-in-the-u-s/

sooo yeah its doing preety fine i think.

So...it most likely sold either very nearly the same as BBS, or even slightly higher? 

How will you take that Turkish?

Oh, he's offline...again.

Whats your point? The BBS numbers are without limited editions too I believe.

Around the Network
Galaki said:
It died when it was announced on 3DS.

it died a little each time it was announced without a III attached to the back end of the name.

arcane_chaos said:
no, the only reason for these sales is S-E fault for putting KH on many console. if you want to know the whole story of KH you'd need:

PS2
GBA
PSP
DS
3DS

I think many people don't didn't have the money to go by all these systems....they're just waiting for the 3rd major entry

I agree with this, and the fact that, if there is a KH3, it wouldve taken such a long time to release a main title, that there won't be any interest any more with the big public.

Well KH was originally popular because it was 50% Final Fantasy. Once the FF part was removed, half of the buyers left...

ryuzaki57 said:
Well KH was originally popular because it was 50% Final Fantasy. Once the FF part was removed, half of the buyers left...

Makes me feel proud. 

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
Turkish said:
Conegamer said:
Mozzli said:
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/07/actually-kingdom-hearts-3d-sold-over-200000-copies-in-the-u-s/

So...it most likely sold either very nearly the same as BBS, or even slightly higher? 

You don't know that the BBS numbers were including limited editions or not, though. 

And my point is that the 3DS version has, actually, sold more units than you suggest. I'm not saying the series isn't on the decline, far from it, but that the date in your OP is inaccurate.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

It's been dead to me since KH3 hasn't come out yet. I don't care about the handheld games.

Conegamer said:
Turkish said:
Conegamer said:
Mozzli said:

You don't know that the BBS numbers were including limited editions or not, though. 

And my point is that the 3DS version has, actually, sold more units than you suggest. I'm not saying the series isn't on the decline, far from it, but that the date in your OP is inaccurate.

BBS had significant legs, only time will tell... but in Japan KH is clearly declining : DDD sales are stagnating very below BBS's

Per the query in the OP: no, but this thread is.

(Thankfully.)