By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Kingdom Hearts slowly dying?

No, not really. I expect KH3 to be either on the 3DS, or the WiiU, or both. Don't see the series moving to Sony anytime soon now after the success it's seen with Nintendo...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

Well I hope it dies. The way SE treats the serie it deserves it.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

I love the KH games but I am yet to play any of the handheld spin-off games... I do want to play Birth by Sleep but would want this to be released as a HD Classic collection for the PS3 along with KH 1 & 2 as that would be awesome and drive attention for KH3 (which really should have been announced a looooong time ago).

Make it happen SE as this would go far in making your fans have more faith in the company!

leo-j said:
They should have called Kingdom hearts BBS KH: Zero, as it's probably one of the most important games in the series.. and is truely a full fledged prequel..

and the one with the best characters too, not the annoying sora. 

Kingdom Hearts only problem in my opinion is that all games share one common Story, but the games are split on different hardware.

Now I have to buy a 3DS just for KH DDD...

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
No, not really. I expect KH3 to be either on the 3DS, or the WiiU, or both. Don't see the series moving to Sony anytime soon now after the success it's seen with Nintendo...

LOL! Kingdom Hearts franchise is more popular on Sony platforms.

The KH fanbase really is dying. I've been part of one of the forums/communities, whatever you'd call them, since '06. We've got a total of over fifty thousand members, but we're lucky if a couple of hundred come around a day nowadays. Back in '08 there was a period where there were over two thousand people logged in at any given time, so it's pretty clear that the number has sunk a fair bit. The people who actually do come around though, like myself, don't even talk about KH anymore, there is very, very little of that type of discussion going on. But who can blame them? They keep making spinoffs that are ruining the original game more and more, as well as just making the story into ridiculous fanservice (Axel's somebody can is a keyblade wielder? Fuck you, Nomura).

Popularity might rise again when KH3 comes out, but a fair chunk of the fanbase is probably completely lost.

I think like Valkyria Chronicles the franchise just got PSP'd to death.

I only played the first one. I'm also in my mid 30's so I guess I'm not the target demographic. All I can say is that I think the appeal of playing a game featuring the amazing world of Walt Disney merged with the fantastical world of Final Fantasy is gone.

The Final Fantasy franchise ain't what it used to be. From where I sit, it hasn't been anything captivating since 2001. Same goes for Disney. The lineage will always be there but what have they produced on the level of Little Mermaid, Lion King, and Aladdin, these days? The Odd Life of Timothy Green?

The source material has gotten old. The audience has gotten older. The spin offs have (apparently--I haven't played them) killed off some of the novelty.

Turkish said:
Conegamer said:

LOL! Kingdom Hearts franchise is more popular on Sony platforms.

Monster Hunter is most popular on the PSP, yet the 3DS and Wii got the two big games, not the PS3 or the Vita. The last console game was for the PS2 in 2005, and 3 of the 4 games released afterwards were for Nintendo handhelds. I'd be truly surprised if the series returns to Sony from now on, regardless of popularity (which, again, was around 7 years ago; you're comparing the PSP game with a much, much larger install base to the 3DS game which has confirmed sales of around the same as BBS, as has already been mentioned, not much lower, and you'll always get some series fatigue and saturation, so if anything all this proves is the series is far more popular on the 3DS, and with the legs we've seen it'll probably outsell if LT as well), so...

This thread just seems to be spinning the good-great sales of the 3DS game as poor for, what I can see, no real reason. If you wish to "LOL", please at least give accurate information for it.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.