By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Kingdom Hearts slowly dying?

Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance - 180k~ (2012/3DS)
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep - 225k (2010/PSP)

All the spinoffs on handhelds is killing the franchise. Long standing fans of the franchise move out to other genres and consoles. Sad but reality, the only remedy wouldve been main Kingdom Hearts titles on consoles but that remedy is too late now. SquareEnix is the culprit.

Around the Network

Franchises just get old too. KH is what? 10 years old now?

You'll probably see KH3 for Wii U/PS3/360 in 2014 or something though.

If we include Mark Of Mastery edition sales (which weren't counted) then it debuted at exactly the same level as BBS (proof from an insider on neogaf).

And as 3Ds is young it's bound to have better legs than BBS so will end up higher.

So no KH is alive & kicking. Square-Enix deservedly lives to troll another day.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

It died when it was announced on 3DS.

Turkish has escaped offline leaving the OP inaccurate!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

But.. but... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Yay!!!

I'm pretty sure SE will bring the series to the smartphones..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I was only 12 when I picked up KH1. I'm going to look like a paedophile when I go to pick up KH3 at the age of 40 at the rate these spinoffs are being pumped out.

Honestly though KH3 will sell big. People simply believe these are all spin offs and won't bother buying them when the reality is BBS, CoM and DDD were pertinent to the plot and could have been numbered titles.

They should have called Kingdom hearts BBS KH: Zero, as it's probably one of the most important games in the series.. and is truely a full fledged prequel..

mM

I don't know about anyone else but I'm tired of the spinoffs, I've not played any but BBS. No matter how many cheap handheld alternatives they make what most people want is a KH3, Sora and everything. Soon if they aren't careful Haley Joel Osment won't even be able to do the voice anymore because he's be too old.

BBS was good and the controls were good too, the development team for that should have made KH3 and let the KH team stick with FFvsXIII

Hmm, pie.