By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom: The Next Gen Doesn't Start With Wii U

They said it doesn't start in earnest, which technically is true until all consoles are out, and arguably until they have built a strong base and developers move on to them.

They really haven't said anything against Nintendo here...



No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network

@This stupid generation debate

The term generation was borrowed from its usage to describe a group of people born in the same time frame. It holds the same usage in video games. A generation of consoles is the set of consoles all "born" in the same time frame.



Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
Switch - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (2014/2017)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links

happydolphin said:
HappySqurriel said:
happydolphin said:

I'm not sure if you're being facetious. There's a bottleneck, at which point improvements are needed to obtain certain features needed for certain experiences. If not, a new console would have no purpose. The Wii or WiiU alternatives are artificial gens, they offer nothing that could not have been tacked on to the original consoles. I've talked about this with another poster earlier.


They may not offer experiences that (it theory) couldn't be created with an add on, but these experiences will only ever be created (in reality) on a system where the user interfaces are standard equipment; therefore these improvements do require the release of a new system.

That wasn't the case for the Playstation Move or the Microsoft Kinect, nor was it for the Wii Fit. I'm repeating my arguments, but that's because they're on point.


How many third party games are there for the Playstation Move, Microsoft's Kinect or Wii Fit? How many third party games are there for the Wii? How many weeks will it take for the Wii U to have more third party games than Playstation Move, Microsoft Kinect, or Wii Fit combined?



HappySqurriel said:

How many third party games are there for the Playstation Move, Microsoft's Kinect or Wii Fit? How many third party games are there for the Wii? How many weeks will it take for the Wii U to have more third party games than Playstation Move, Microsoft Kinect, or Wii Fit combined?

I think you use the term third party because Kinect mostly sold 1st party games in the above 10Millions?

Alot of the things that cause 3rd parties to support a piece of HW, whether an add-on or a whole console, has to do with business push. The business push behind the Wii and the WiiU is what explains what you're getting at, but none of that _has_ to couple with a new console. In other words, it's up to the maker how well it does and how well its supported, unless one business partner (3rd party) has that much influence, but it's more the exception than the rule, even more so when it comes to Nintendo.



said:

"Time is required before the next generation console cycle begins in earnest"

It would appear that the creator of Monster Hunter, Street Fighter and Resident Evil doesn't see the Wii U as a true next gen platform - something that many other developers are likely to agree with, given the system's technological parity with the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

You would make a great news reporter, taking what someone says and making completly unrelated conclusions from it.

All he said is it will take time before the next generation of games for the next gen consoles begin to thrive. This only means that early Wii U games will be ports/simulatious releases/re-releases of current gen games and it's going to be a while before we see an adundant amount of next gen software. (So far there are only a handful of Wii U exclusive titles, and except for Zombie U and that game by Platnium Studios, none are new IP's).



What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
HappySqurriel said:

How many third party games are there for the Playstation Move, Microsoft's Kinect or Wii Fit? How many third party games are there for the Wii? How many weeks will it take for the Wii U to have more third party games than Playstation Move, Microsoft Kinect, or Wii Fit combined?

I think you use the term third party because Kinect mostly sold 1st party games in the above 10Millions?

Alot of the things that cause 3rd parties to support a piece of HW, whether an add-on or a whole console, has to do with business push. The business push behind the Wii and the WiiU is what explains what you're getting at, but none of that _has_ to couple with a new console. In other words, it's up to the maker how well it does and how well its supported, unless one business partner (3rd party) has that much influence, but it's more the exception than the rule, even more so when it comes to Nintendo.

No, I mentioned third party because no add-ons in the history of consoles have been well supported by third party publishers ...



I dont know whats with you guys but for me it says AS LONG AS NOT ALL NEXT GEN CONSOLES ARE OUT THE NEXT GEN WILL NOT BEGINN

There is not even a hint that the guy thinks WiiU is current gen.


All this nay saying Nintendo doom shit made you guys pesimistic lol.



It's kind of sad that the biggest pride some people have in gaming are power and graphics. Power and graphics do something for a game, yes. However, if the experience is good, why care so much about it? It's strange how we are, when we get something extra, we always want more. "That's great, what more is there? Give me more." and that kind of attitude could be one of the reasons as to why great games do not make it into production or get cancelled, etc.



To Capcom and others

If "next-gen" is defined by $25,000 84" 4k TV and a Playstation 4 (cost unknown) to play on that TV...

On other hand, if "next-gen" is defined by new play experiences...

The gimmicks Nintendo come out with force new play experiences (lot of them failures and some of them exceptional). If you want higher resolution etc, you need to be using a PC (connect it to your TV and use X360 controller). You can upgrade your rig every few months and replay the same game at even higher settings and resolutions and new shadows and other such stuff.



HappySqurriel said:

No, I mentioned third party because no add-ons in the history of consoles have been well supported by third party publishers ...

There's no causality to that argument.

MDMAlliance said:
It's kind of sad that the biggest pride some people have in gaming are power and graphics. Power and graphics do something for a game, yes. However, if the experience is good, why care so much about it? It's strange how we are, when we get something extra, we always want more. "That's great, what more is there? Give me more." and that kind of attitude could be one of the reasons as to why great games do not make it into production or get cancelled, etc.

Does this have anything to do with what was said in the thread? Nobody is saying the games are less good because the system is not next gen. We're just arguing whether it's next gen or not. Your suspicion of the contrary makes you the target of your own post.