By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Who here on this site is poor? Who on this site are rich?

Thats the thing though if you make 30k a year in China or Africa you wont be struggling with bills at all.

Thats the problem with asking a question like this on the internet where people from different countries and cultures are. The concept of Rich Poor and Middle Class will be radically different.

But in terms of US I agree with you 30k is right on the border between being broke and middle class

Around the Network

I guess I would be middle class. I'm happy enjoy having fun and going out.
In other words according to gina reinhart I'm a fail...
Though what she fails to realise is I put my wages into the economy. After all if everyone just worked and saved all their money the country would fall pretty fast.

I thought I was rich for earning $1800 monthly. what do you guys do to your money? , its more than enough for me, and I always overspend.

I make 900 dollars a month. my wife makes 600 dollars a month. this is enough to live on the east side of milwaukee... I would love to make 2500 a month. Also, we make 1500 before taxes... are you saying money in pocket after tax 2500 a month or befre tax? this makes a huge difference. Also, 30k a year in Nashville will go a loooooong way. However, NYC or LA your probablly broke.

wage is relative to were you live.

If you live in an expensive city than $100,000 a year is considered poor in relation to others.

Around the Network

What a banal post.

PullusPardus said:
I thought I was rich for earning $1800 monthly. what do you guys do to your money? , its more than enough for me, and I always overspend.

What's your job and do you live by yourself?

I make about 40k a year and own a new car, and currently live bymyself and manage to get by.  Although I do have to watch what I spend.  I'll be moving in with my gf soon and I'll be moving out of an apartment and into a house.  I'm very happy and have more then enough money to spend on my games.  But I do have to watch what I spend.

(Since I can not edit my posts for some reason)

Though we only make 1500 a month I wouldn't consider us poor considering we can live in a good area in a major city. (while we go to school)

I would say poor would be more like 12k a year which is poverty line for a family size of 1 in the US

Everyone on this website is rich. Some are just richer than others.

The membership of this website is global, therefore you need a global context. Given only about 4% of the world's population owns a current gen console (and that's if everyone only owns 1), and everyone on this website has access to a PC (or something with equivalent browsing capability) and internet, I'd say that pretty much meets the global definition for rich.

The shame of it is that people have all this material stuff yet still think of themselves as poor.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

I'm not making very much, which blows considering I have a Bachelors degree that's just collecting dust. Essentially student debt takes almost half of my income so I'm barely scrapping by.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(