By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - How do you feel about the performance of the VGChartz mod team?

How is the VGChartz mod team doing?

It's doing a great job. 299 32.97%

It's doing okay. 143 15.77%

It's not doing well. 432 47.63%

Total:874
Kantor said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

It's good. My first 3 moderations were completely justified, but I didn't like the reasoning for my last ban, the only thing I should of been banned for is calling someone a tool, and it was a 3 day ban when it should of been 1 (based on the bans normally handed out for insults). That's really my only complaint, so it's great actually :)

Ban lengths increase as you continue to offend.

So the first insult is a warning, then a one day ban, then three days, and so on, depending on the severity of the insult.

Ok, then that explains the length. But he still said I did something I didn't do and banned me partly for that.

Around the Network
wfz said:
I think the moderation is fine, I just don't understand why all of a user's posts will disappear when they're banned. I understand wanting to delete or modify the offensive posts, but it's very annoying to not see other posts they've made, especially when they're the creator of a thread and you can't see the OP.

We hate this as much as you do. We've been trying to get it changed for months, but nothing happens.

Hopefully when ioi and his team are done with Gamewise they can refocus on Connect.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
wfz said:
I think the moderation is fine, I just don't understand why all of a user's posts will disappear when they're banned. I understand wanting to delete or modify the offensive posts, but it's very annoying to not see other posts they've made, especially when they're the creator of a thread and you can't see the OP.

We hate this as much as you do. We've been trying to get it changed for months, but nothing happens.

Hopefully when ioi and his team are done with Gamewise they can refocus on Connect.

Yeah, that will be really important. At least give user the options on this, somewhere in the settings. Something like "Hide posts of banned members: yes/no".

I hope the site admin here can be creative again in their solutions for the design of the site's utilities, be it for posting, for modding or for reading.

Like the idea I posted above on barring access to a user to a specific thread when they are disruptive  (without having it affect their record like bans and warnings do), rather than locking the thread, warning or banning. It's the happiest medium of them all imho.

I only criticize individuals because it is harder to criticize a team that is bloated far more than needed. If we are not supposed to name names the thread is not worth discussing.

That and when it comes to moderation, I feel that the mod team that mods the least mods the best.

Do not care to say much other than there is currently too much moderation on a forum this small.

Partly tagging this thread on my forum buddy, but I wanted to say that I'm happy with how the site is being moderated at the moment - I feel that it was too lenient in the past, but it seems to have a good balance now

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network

just lol

I think the new mods are good because none of them have moderated me yet.

Seriously though, I think it's good to finally have some mods who are very active within the community. However, I have seen some inconsistencies in moderating recently due to some new mods being overly sensitive about their preferred console/company when the person who was moderated was clearly joking or stating their honest opinion. 

Oh yeah, and I don't agree with radishhead's recent ban of NFG because she posted 5 times on my wall in a row. Wall comments shouldn't be moderated IMO unless the person who's wall was posted on (mine) reported the person (NFG), which I didn't.... Can a mod please explain this to me?

Overall though, I'm pretty happy with the mod team.

chocoloco said:
I only criticize individuals because it is harder to criticize a team that is bloated far more than needed. If we are not supposed to name names the thread is not worth discussing.

That and when it comes to moderation, I feel that the mod team that mods the least mods the best.

Do not care to say much other than there is currently too much moderation on a forum this small.

By all means, name individuals. Just don't insult them.

So:

"I think Kantor is too strict on ____" is fine

"Kantor is a fucking fascist moron" is not.

man-bear-pig said:

I think the new mods are good because none of them have moderated me yet.

Seriously though, I think it's good to finally have some mods who are very active within the community. However, I have seen some inconsistencies in moderating recently due to some new mods being overly sensitive about their preferred console/company when the person who was moderated was clearly joking or stating their honest opinion. 

Oh yeah, and I don't agree with radishhead's recent ban of NFG because she posted 5 times on my wall in a row. Wall comments shouldn't be moderated IMO unless the person who's wall was posted on (mine) reported the person (NFG), which I didn't.... Can a mod please explain this to me?

Overall though, I'm pretty happy with the mod team.

Spamming is spamming whether or not you are happy with it. Not moderating it is akin to endorsing the behaviour.

My mod history is a testament of how the modding goes in here. Please pay special attention to those of the mod Kantor.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1