By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - How do you feel about the performance of the VGChartz mod team?

How is the VGChartz mod team doing?

It's doing a great job. 299 32.97%

It's doing okay. 143 15.77%

It's not doing well. 432 47.63%

Total:874

why do people care who creates the thread as long as it gets made?

Around the Network
kirby007 said:

Quite sure this also happend with the mario kart 8 tournament thread, where there was also no discussion possible, it was just we pick this guy as creator DEAL WITH IT

edit: wasn't that also done by you Cone?

Yeah that was me. But that was more "we have an official thread already so don't need other ones" and I wasn't a mod to give that to NinPie.

This matter was more "Ka-Pi asked and other mods agreed it was a good idea so Ka-Pi gets it". Could it have been clearer? Maybe, yes. But he asked many other users as well to my knowledge who were members of the previous thread and got their agreement, so whilst it may have been a little behind closed doors there was a discussion about the big users in the thread.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
kirby007 said:

Quite sure this also happend with the mario kart 8 tournament thread, where there was also no discussion possible, it was just we pick this guy as creator DEAL WITH IT

Yeah that was me. But that was more "we have an official thread already so don't need other ones" and I wasn't a mod to give that to NinPie.

This matter was more "Ka-Pi asked and other mods agreed it was a good idea so Ka-Pi gets it". Could it have been clearer? Maybe, yes. But he asked many other users as well to my knowledge who were members of the previous thread and got their agreement, so whilst it may have been a little behind closed doors there was a discussion about the big users in the thread.

thats like haveing a election and have only one party running, neoratt  made it clear he would do it and having prior experience and time to do it this time * he made his intention clear with a thread which you locked*

EDIT: I'd like to hear Axum or Kantor on this matter

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Who is this Neoratt anyways? I never see him posting in the forum. Though I agree there should have been some sort of vote when appointing a new thread leader or whatever, unless there was a vote then feel free to disregard my comment.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:
Who is this Neoratt anyways? I never see him posting in the forum. Though I agree there should have been some sort of vote when appointing a new thread leader or whatever, unless there was a vote then feel free to disregard my comment.

Neoratt used to run the Gamerscore leage for YEARS. Had allsorts of different features and run the thing extremely well.

Around the Network

Hence my outrage abouy this farce

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Miguel_Zorro said:
gergroy said:
why do people care who creates the thread as long as it gets made?

They care about the points.  It's the same reason they rush to post the "WW UP!" threads with no content the second the data comes out.

Which is another reason why the points system needs to go.  It primarily creates incentives for negative activity.

Some people want the threads done properly though. Which is why I prefer some people for the japan threads.

kirby007 said:
Conegamer said:
kirby007 said:

thats like haveing a election and have only one party running, neoratt  made it clear he would do it and having prior experience and time to do it this time * he made his intention clear with a thread which you locked*

EDIT: I'd like to hear Axum or Kantor on this matter

If mods really want a measure of their performance, they should put their jobs up to a vote each year. If they make it, they did a good job, if they don't, well obviously the majority of the community felt they did a not so good job. For example after Sony's E3 conference, a mod chat was posted where mods were calling the PS4 the portstation. Calling the PS4 that will get anyone banned. Except a mod of course, so there should be group or voting that the mods should be held accountable to. Of course the mods won't feel like they need any one to hold them accountable to, un less it's another mod which would then defeat the whole purpose. So anyone think something like this should be looked into, as this become a mod and run rampant like a dictator/god on the forums isn't cutting it.

Also, is this some private thread or something? Kinda weird it doesn't behave like other threads when someone comments in it.

Thanks jlmurph!

RolStoppable said:
BreedinBull said:

If mods really want a measure of their performance, they should put their jobs up to a vote each year. If they make it, they did a good job, if they don't, well obviously the majority of the community felt they did a not so good job. For example after Sony's E3 conference, a mod chat was posted where mods were calling the PS4 the portstation. Calling the PS4 that will get anyone banned. Except a mod of course, so there should be group or voting that the mods should be held accountable to. Of course the mods won't feel like they need any one to hold them accountable to, un less it's another mod which would then defeat the whole purpose. So anyone think something like this should be looked into, as this become a mod and run rampant like a dictator/god on the forums isn't cutting it.

Also, is this some private thread or something? Kinda weird it doesn't behave like other threads when someone comments in it.

This thread is much better than any sort of election. If you want to see a certain mod gone, get some of your buddies together and make a case against said mod (or the mod team as a whole). The rest of the community can chime in as they see fit and the mods can't shut down the discussion. Because if they did, they would have to lock this thread; and once they do that, they are making the point that they are a bunch of selfish scumbags. Thanks to the existence of this thread, there's no easy way out for them.

A large part of the community isn't even aware of this thread since it doesn't show up in hot topics. If you notice it's only the same dozen or so people posting in this thread for the last few months. I like the idea of putting certain moderators up to a vote, never going to happen though. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!