By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo should sue $ony and Micro$oft for Achievements/Trophies $ystem

Tagged games:

What do you think of this atrocity?

Nintendo should sue them 17 23.29%

Nintendo should bring the... 35 47.95%

I Nintendon't want this 19 26.03%

Total:71
Teflon02 said:
Honestly who ever posted this is PATHETIC, really pathetic. Guess this is some little kid that touched a gameboy just a few days ago?
No but foreal. How can anyone say that and live with the stupidity. First off, Mario Deluxe at was IN GAME achievements that ment NOTHING outside the actual game. Achievements and trophies are SYSTEM implemented and actually Sonys right now is Completely Gaming implemented seeing it has it on theyre handheld also. Ratchet and Clank and insomniac if anyone would be the one with tbe right to do that, Ratchet and clank on PS2 was the first game to use a system exactly the way microsoft uses it. And sony added it for the reason i wanted it. It gave more reason to buy a game on xbox when they had the achievements so they made the tropby system which imo became WAY better then the original achievements system. Its basically a smart expansion to xboxs system. Nintendo does not have tbis system implemented at all. You cant sue because a game was the first with unlocks lol. I love how people will turn anything into ohh they copied nintendo. NO, the truth of the matter. Sony was the first to use 4 shoulder buttons, was the first to use the GOOD analog stick as well as having it used as a button which is one of the biggest console features which nintendo is now copying. Nintendo is literally copying xboxs controller microsoft copied eyetoy and expanded on the ps eye. Everyone copied ps using cds, microsoft copied ps3s 1080p res, and hdmi, sonh copied achievements. Sony copied, well more like was inspired by smash bros. These fanboys are ridiculous, why does it matter who does what? If someone copies it then that should be a compliment to the company. I love the competition, keeps sony and nintendo on theyre a game. Microsoft sunk to a new low though, soo low, patienting stuff like a multitasking music player and so on smh. And now all about kinect. Ill stick with the only 2 games important on the console gears and halo

Its not "low" to patent ideas you came up with, nobody else had done universal background music on a games system previously so they had every right to protect their idea with a patent.  Its the patent office's fault if they allowed them through, plus other companies could have appealled the patent if it was wrong but they havent.  This might be a joke thread but you need to understand that its not acceptable to copy a patented idea without paying the due royalties.  Now you can question if it was a valid patent, just like Samsung are currently questioning a lot of Apples very vaguely worded patents.

Around the Network
badgenome said:
Carl2291 said:
This is ironic, because 2D sidescrolling Mario is actually a cheap rip-off of Pit Fall.

Pit Fall is just a cheap ripoff of the olden days when people fell into actual pits for fun.

Ah those were the days! Great fun for all the family.

Carl2291 said:
This is ironic, because 2D sidescrolling Mario is actually a cheap rip-off of Pit Fall.

Duh, people already jumped over barrels over a year earlier in Donkey Kong! Pitfall! is nothing new. -.-

S.Peelman said:
Carl2291 said:

Duh, people already jumped over barrels over a year earlier in Donkey Kong! Pitfall! is nothing new. -.-

I said 2D SIDESCROLLING.

DK was actually a ripoff of Space Panic, it just added the jump technique. A bit like PSABR, mimicing Smash Bros but adding its own stuff.

This industry is filled with liars, cheaters and whores!

nintendo should sue microsoft for halo because in mario and halo...you can jump!

Around the Network

A$$le There you go OP, I know you wanted to add dollar signs to apple's name too :)

sub-zero-TM said:
Oh my god this is goddamn hilarious! yeah sure Nintendo invented everything i mean they created this f*cking planet right? LMAO

Nintendo created a planet similar to this planet about three years before this planet came to be.  It only had a north pole and three oceans but you could easily see where Earth got its inspiration.

Carl2291 said:
S.Peelman said:
Carl2291 said:

I said 2D SIDESCROLLING.

DK was actually a ripoff of Space Panic, it just added the jump technique. A bit like PSABR, mimicing Smash Bros but adding its own stuff.

This industry is filled with liars, cheaters and whores!

YOU LEAVE MY MOTHER OUT OF THIS!

Lol i like how Basil brush has been pimping this joke thread on peoples walls.

d21lewis said:
sub-zero-TM said:
Oh my god this is goddamn hilarious! yeah sure Nintendo invented everything i mean they created this f*cking planet right? LMAO

Nintendo created a planet similar to this planet about three years before this planet came to be.  It only had a north pole and three oceans but you could easily see where Earth got its inspiration.

personally i prefer the planet sony created.  4 poles, 12 oceans, and no earthquakes!                

(you can't put rumble into a moving planet)