By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Starting college this Monday... tips, advice, experiences?

Condoms... Always have condoms with you..,

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

drunk sex is not rape

Go to class, do your homework and most important get to know your professor. I actually got a few grade bumps in some of my classes due to knowing the professor (him being able match my face and name). I should have gotten a C or D in genetics (due to blowing it off) but I ended up with a B since I would go to almost all the study sessions before the exams. You don't have to go to their office while they have office hours all the time but showing up with some questions only helps. Such as one of my math classes I would try and do all the review but if I got stuck on a question or two I wouldn't mind showing up at his office and asking for help. He saw that I did all the other problems and was just struggling with a few so he never denied help.  Make yourself known and ask decent questions every once in awhile.  No one likes the douche that asks dumb ass questions all the time but if you can come up with decent questions that is relevant to what he his talking about then do it.

Don't miss classes. Even for good reasons.

Love and tolerate.

Miss classes, there are far more interesting things to do than attending class.

Around the Network

If you're a still a virgin, man just get laid and be willing to take a risk and put yourself out there. Don't mean that in a mean way. Obviously school is more important in the long run, and should be a priority in terms of how you spend your time, but socializing is important as well for the long run. Anyways, good luck with school man! Hope you're a different person come 4 years later.

Don't have girlfriends. Have sex.
Enter classes, study, have good grades.
Get to know your professors, that can help you in the future.

Wow i start classes on Monday as well, University of Tennessee anyway i would say its not much different from High School just a lot more people and of course it actually cost money to attend the school.

Some people have it right in this topic, others are saying just idiotic stuff.

The main thing is to do well in college. It's really not difficult, but you have to actually study. Something thats hard for people, when Highschool was so easy. Dedicatinga hour or two per day, can really make the difference.

Get to know your professors + find good people to be around. This definitely helps. You can certainly go to parties and socialize, but do not be an idiot tool who spends most of his time drinking / partying / sex.

You'll be in better mental health if you meet someone you like and date, not have sex with random women(that's just an idiotic statement on so many levels.)

You have time to decide what you want, so take this first year and finish your CCC's.

Try your best to get good grades and everything should be OK. You don't have to decide everything right now but bad grades never help.

EDIT: Yeah +1 to getting to know your professors. My professors were really cool and helped me a lot during everything :)