By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Adam Sessler has doubts about Wii U, thinks it could be delayed to 2013 ~ Is this guy on drugs? Pachter=Sessler

Tagged games:

T.Rexington said:
It's not hard to understand why Wii U has it's doubters. 1) 360/PS3 will still give comparable experiences that narrow the gap the original Wii once had. 2) The main attraction, tablet controller, is already being emulated by MS and could be seen as a me too product by the consumers thanks to iPads. 3) The name itself doesn't inspire much confidence. Wii U doesn't carry the same cool factor of a sequel console the way SNES or Xbox 360 had.The Wii brand might've lost it's strength and could push people away who didn't care for the previous Wii experience. 4) No real big hitters. The Wii launch line-up seemed way better. Zelda really lead that line-up and the packed in game was a classic. I don't get the same vibe with Nintendoland. It looks like a cheap version of Mario Party or something.

I'm pretty surprised people think he's an asshole for saying this too when he realizes that he could be wrong and that he's just got a bad feeling. In fact, he'd be more than happy to be wrong it appears.

I was with you until the last part. Wii had a better line up?? Really?? Here we are getting Pikmin3(not really into that, but some people are) Mario (not into that but lots of people are) Wii U fit(same as Mario), in addition to 3rd party games that will actually be at the very least be the same on the other versions, something you could never say for Wii.  Zelda? That was a port of a GC game, hell most of launch line up was ports of last gen games, with some motion control added.

Around the Network
Ajescent said:
NatureBoy said:
How dare he have an opinion on anything that doesn,t say it is all sunshine and fucken candy land for Nintendo. Shame on him, stone him.

Hang on, let me get my pitch fork and torch...LET'S BURN HIS ASS!!

Btw, has Nintendo announced a date yet?

No but the've announced a date at which they will announce a date. One step at a time folks.

I've always hated this guy. He is indeed my polar opposite.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

Adam Sessler is one of those guys that dislikes anything that is released by Nintendo and likes anything that has blood in it so it's hard to take him seriously.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

NightDragon83 said:
Of course it's coming out this year. If Nintendo needed to delay the launch because they needed more time on games like Pikmin HD, er, I mean 3... New Super Mario Bros HD, er, I mean U... and We're Too Lazy To Make Full Games For These Franchises So We Made You This Instead, er, I mean Nintendo Land... then they'd be laughed out of the industry.

It would seem odd that a delay would be caused by polished up demoware showing off the capabilities of the system.

Around the Network

And here I thought this guy knew his stuff, though that could just be because he looked smarter by comparison to the even stupider Morgan Webb.

I don't get where he gets the idea that Nintendo will delay the console, and I don't see how it would benefit Nintendo to release the console early next year as opposed to right before the holiday season.

"Stimulate the industry"? Sure, like Sony and MS's new consoles will. This is the predecessor to a console that completely changed the game and brought in new gamers. If any console can stimulate the industry, it's Wii U.

Also, I don't see how so many seem to doubt the selling power of a console that will have Wii Fit, NSMB, Dragon Quest, and the inevitable Zelda, Smash Bros, and Mario Kart on it. At least he achknowledges he could be wrong on one of his points..

He's dead wrong on the not launching this year part, but he could be right about the Wii U not necessarily turning around a sluggish game market.

It's basically just another 360/PS3 type product, just with Nintendo franchises on it. I don't know if it's necessarily a game changer. Maybe people will go nuts for Nintendo Land, but it's just as likely the reaction could be "well I already have a PS3/360, why do I need another system that has many of the same games?".

amp316 said:

Adam Sessler is one of those guys that dislikes anything that is released by Nintendo and likes anything that has blood in it so it's hard to take him seriously.

I never paid too much attention to him, but i thought he had a better reputation than that? One of the more balanced journalists who wasn't an industry tool and who was willing to give Nintendo a fair shake.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
amp316 said:

I never paid too much attention to him, but i thought he had a better reputation than that? One of the more balanced journalists who wasn't an industry tool and who was willing to give Nintendo a fair shake.

Same here. He was always a better, more descript reviewers. 

Hearing something like this from him is almost unbelievable. Its as if he has lost his mind in time out of the spotlight when he left G4. It could just be something his current employer paid him to say. I hope its the latter.

Soundwave said:

He's dead wrong on the not launching this year part, but he could be right about the Wii U not necessarily turning around a sluggish game market.

It's basically just another 360/PS3 type product, just with Nintendo franchises on it. I don't know if it's necessarily a game changer. Maybe people will go nuts for Nintendo Land, but it's just as likely the reaction could be "well I already have a PS3/360, why do I need another system that has many of the same games?".

Luckily the '720/PS4' will also be 360/PS3 type products, just without Nintendo franchises on it.