By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why Do U Hate Wii U (or Nintendo)??

Tagged games:

Mr Khan said:
o_O.Q said:
i'd respect this thread a whole lot more if it was done to apply to all companies... because believe it or not... this doesn't at all only apply to nintendo

I would argue that Nintendo is in a unique place when it comes to hate, just as its in a unique place in the industry on the whole. People who hate on Sony or Microsoft tend to do so for different reasons.

For instance, the recent trend of Nintendo fans trolling Sony for copying everything (something i don't agree with or condone) seems to have a different flavor to it than the long-running flak against Nintendo.

i disagree i've seen people hate on all three companies and beyond for seemingly irrational reasons not just nintendo

Around the Network
o_O.Q said:
i'd respect this thread a whole lot more if it was done to apply to all companies... because believe it or not... this doesn't at all only apply to nintendo

or if it wasn't filled with nintendo fans saying why they think people don't like Nintendo i.e. Jealousy, because their favorite company sucks, or their parents didn't love them enough growing up.

o_O.Q said:

i disagree i've seen people hate on all three companies and beyond for seemingly irrational reasons not just nintendo

I personally say Nintendo is a special case because of how large scale it is in the gaming community, due to the large masses of media hating on it too.  It may have been much less of an issue if there weren't these "trusted" gaming media sources making ridiculous reasons to bash Nintendo.   For example would be saying Nintendo 3DS was doomed.  Another would be those articles saying that the Wii U will be weaker or just as powerful as the 360 or PS3, along with the text bashing Nintendo about "playing catch-up" and having another "Wii to PS3/360 power gap" situation again.  

Torillian said:
o_O.Q said:

or if it wasn't filled with nintendo fans saying why they think people don't like Nintendo i.e. Jealousy, because their favorite company sucks, or their parents didn't love them enough growing up.

yeah that too

jonnybmk said:

Nintendo is more like love/hate with very few people in the middle.

Personally, I wouldn't say that's true at all.  There's a lot of love.  And there's a lot of hate.  And there's a lot of people in the middle

Just to use the easiest example: me!  I llike Nintendo, they're just not my first choice when it comes to consoles - Sony are.  And that's where my love goes!  But I'm still going to support Nintendo in the future because they have a lot of IP's I love.

I get the feeling, at least from what I see around here, that many of the Sony/Microsoft fans seem to love their chosen company but play a lot of Nintendo games as well.  Perhaps that's just colloqial, but for a lot of people I know who love one of the HD twins, they still own a Wii as well.

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
Some people dislike their games. Other their philosophy. Others, their fanboys. Especially the last one.

Also, I think few hate Nintendo or Wii U, is just that they don't like their products. Nothing wrong with that.

The fanboy point is a good one.

I owned an NES, the first console I bought with my own money, saved up from christmas and birthday funds, and a SNES.  After the PS2 Era, though, I pretty much switched to PC gaming, so I ignored the start of this generation.  When I decided to buy a console, I remember coming online to look into the strengths and weaknesses of each.  Subsequently, I will never forget making the mistake of saying "well, the Wii doesn't seem to have as many games that interest me."  BIG MISTAKE.  It was like I simultaniously insulted the mothers of many, many people.  Charts were posted left and right, along with a slew of insults and generalizations.  When I explained that I didn't care much for Mario games it got even worse.

That experience definitely left me with a bit of anti-Nintendo sentiment when I had none to begin with.

The thing is, I played so many platformers as a kid that they hold little interest for me now.  I don't care WHO makes them.  However, some people, more than any other genre, believe that you're not allowed to dislike platforming games.  It's annoying.

So, yeah, I think the self-righteous attutude of some Nintendo fanboys really hurts the brand, because I have nothing at all against the company itself.  I criticism them on occasion, sure, but I have no problem doing that with any corporation.

As far as the Wii U goes, I'm going to keep an open mind, though I don't think it will bring enough value to ME PERSONALLY to be worth getting another console.  I have more than enough to play as it is and money is tight.  However, I do want it to succeed, and I hope those who love the Nintendo franchises are very happy with it.

My only big complaint I have with Nintendo it's the lack of 3rd party support for the Wii, that's the main reason I bought a PC, never really mind the motion controls (I actually prefer the pointer for FPS).

I don't mind good and rational criticism for Nintendo, because after all they are not and will never be a perfect company, but when people start hating the company without giving any good reasons, that's when it gets really annoying 

Nintendo and PC gamer

MDMAlliance said:
o_O.Q said:

I personally say Nintendo is a special case because of how large scale it is in the gaming community, due to the large masses of media hating on it too.  It may have been much less of an issue if there weren't these "trusted" gaming media sources making ridiculous reasons to bash Nintendo.   For example would be saying Nintendo 3DS was doomed.  Another would be those articles saying that the Wii U will be weaker or just as powerful as the 360 or PS3, along with the text bashing Nintendo about "playing catch-up" and having another "Wii to PS3/360 power gap" situation again.  

those things don't apply to other companies also?

o_O.Q said:

Of course it applies to other companies, but you can't deny the articles with see most all over the internet are the Nintendo doom and gloom articles

Nintendo and PC gamer

osed125 said:
o_O.Q said:

Of course it applies to other companies, but you can't deny the articles with see most all over the internet are the Nintendo doom and gloom articles

I wish I had the time to really do some sore of a retrospective observational analysis to see how many doom articles we got for the PS3 vs. Wii, as well as how many doom articles we got for the 3DS (pre-price drop) vs. the PS VIta (since it's launch).  Then we could really quantify how much negative press either on gets more than the other.  Also, how many doom threads (and who started them - which would be most interesting!) on VGC.

I'm sure the results would be most revealing.