By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why Do U Hate Wii U (or Nintendo)??

Tagged games:

wfz said:
o_O.Q said:
wfz said:
o_O.Q said:
i'd respect this thread a whole lot more if it was done to apply to all companies... because believe it or not... this doesn't at all only apply to nintendo

This logic doesn't make any sense to me. If I made a thread "Why don't more people donate to homeless shelters?" would you go in there and say "I would respect this thread a lot more if it asked why people don't donate to all different sorts of charities, not just the homeless. Believe it or not, they're not the only ones who need charity."

Excuse him for deciding to make a topic on a certain point.

excuse me for having a different opinion i suppose posts in this thread are supposed to show a certain viewpoint and nothing else

I'm merely questioning the logic of your lack of respect for this thread based on the fact that the topic creator wanted to discuss a certain topic. "I don't respect this thread because the OP chose to discuss a certain aspect of an otherwise very general question" just seems... egotistical.

I guess he should have made this thread "Why do you hate any company or any product?" That would have really been a constructive thread leading to great discussion and purpose. It surely wouldn't have been too general and unproductive as a result of a lack of focus.

How dare the OP state focus in his topic!

ok so my belief that all companies get hate is in your opinion illogical, anything else?

Around the Network

wfz and o.O.Q -mind calming it down a little? xD

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

I am not saying negative press is nonexistent for other companies, but that the recent press for Nintendo is almost solely negative. I go to kotaku, negative press. I go to IGN, negative press. I go here, negative threads and updates about negative press. Sony negative press is not nearly as high, and microsoft is even lower. Some articles even post false positive stuff about Microsoft. It's hard for me to find anything positive about Nintendo, and the ones that I do find is worded in a way that could easily be tossed away and made into something negative.

Neogaf also was filled with negativity as well, with only a few supporters here and there. The reason now that Sony may be getting more negative press is because there's really something going wrong with Sony, more so of a point than to bash Nintendo. Years upon years of financial loss would get anyone negative attention. Even so, the negative articles I've seen about Sony tend to try to give some kind of hope at the end, versus the Nintendo doom articles just insulting the company and systems.

MDMAlliance said:
I am not saying negative press is nonexistent for other companies, but that the recent press for Nintendo is almost solely negative. I go to kotaku, negative press. I go to IGN, negative press. I go here, negative threads and updates about negative press. Sony negative press is not nearly as high, and microsoft is even lower. Some articles even post false positive stuff about Microsoft. It's hard for me to find anything positive about Nintendo, and the ones that I do find is worded in a way that could easily be tossed away and made into something negative.

Neogaf also was filled with negativity as well, with only a few supporters here and there. The reason now that Sony may be getting more negative press is because there's really something going wrong with Sony, more so of a point than to bash Nintendo. Years upon years of financial loss would get anyone negative attention. Even so, the negative articles I've seen about Sony tend to try to give some kind of hope at the end, versus the Nintendo doom articles just insulting the company and systems.

^ can't agree more

Nintendo and PC gamer

I hate the fact that Nintendo is relying on rehashing the same games to sell their consoles. Mario being the biggest offender, I hat NSMB franchise and it's complete lack of creativity or innovation. Mario used to be the kind of 2D platformers and now he's been surpassed. Games like Rayman Origins/Legends and Super Meat Boy are doing far more to innovate on the platformer genre.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
I hate the fact that Nintendo is relying on rehashing the same games to sell their consoles. Mario being the biggest offender, I hat NSMB franchise and it's complete lack of creativity or innovation. Mario used to be the kind of 2D platformers and now he's been surpassed. Games like Rayman Origins/Legends and Super Meat Boy are doing far more to innovate on the platformer genre.

I agree. On one hand, they've nailed an arguably perfect formula, fans love it, and it's amazing. On the other hand, as a result of this they haven't branched out as much as others would hope in creating new and unique experiences. I actually feel this fatigue more so with the Zelda franchise actually (not just the gameplay, but the story presentation. This is why I love Majora's Mask so much, it went totally astray from the general Zelda gameplay, theme and setting, and story). I loved games like Yoshi's Island and even Yoshi's Story back in the day, because they went in new and different directions.

Actually, I feel like Mario Kart is the worst offender. But it's a strange scenario. Nintendo has hit amazing perfection in these games and by changing the formula, they risk losing that amazing success. By keeping the formula the same, they risk stagnating and losing out to new innovators.

Kenology said:
oniyide said:

oh please, PS3 got just as much negative attention in the start as Wii did. I'll give you that in the end PS3 got alot less, but why is that?? Is it really hate for Ninty and love for SOny? i dont buy that, IMHO and i know im going to get flamed for this. SOny tried to improve their situation. PSN sucked when it came out, its in a much better place now.  WiiWare?  That service is just as crappy now as it was back when it started, hell its probably worst since VC releases are way more infrequent

I don't think you're gonna get flamed.  But I do disagree that PS3 got just as much heat as the Wii.  I don't even think it was close.  PS3 only got bad press when in it's first couple of years ($599 US dollars, ports that weren't as good as the 360 version, the early Yahoo doom articles).  Wii got all of that stuff all throughout its ENTIRE lifespan.  And editors would write pieces about the Wii and would be outright trolling, it was really bad.

fair enough, but why?? I think it has much more to do with "let's hate Nintendo" as ive already stated

MDMAlliance said:

The biggest reason nintendo is getting negative press is their own fault. They botched their E3 presentation two years in a row when they had the chance to really shine and get some good buzz going on with the press. Other than that all companies get negative press, the issue is some of you fans consider dev comments about the wiiu power etc as negative press.  They really are not. Ninty can really turn the press around with a solid showing at their own conference (this is confirmed right?)...show up and do a good showing and they are good to go for the wiiu launch. They should look back at the 3ds centric 2010 conference for some pointers. That one was very well done.

On topic: I don't hate em at all. I just do not care for their first party offerings in general. I personally find them to be boring and/or of genre that are not my favorites. Doesn't mean I hate, means I don't care. Same goes for most people. Hating the company is such a stupid thing. Now nintendo fanboys are some of the worst I have ever seen on the internet nowadays. It's ironic since they preach/ed about sony and sony fans being arrogant during the ps2 era yet here they are, doing the same or worse. But then again fanboys in general suck I suppose. I stick to the official thread most of the time for this very reason...I do not wanna have stupid arguments about why getting two versions of the same game is a bad thing or something.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

MDMAlliance said:

wouldn't you say that some of that is deserved with the imo at least unsatisfactory way they presented the wii u last year and this year?

or would you say that there were no flaws in its presentation?

o_O.Q said:
MDMAlliance said:

wouldn't you say that some of that is deserved with the imo at least unsatisfactory way they presented the wii u last year and this year?

or would you say that there were no flaws in its presentation?

I personally do not think any of it was "deserved" because personally it didn't seem like anybody was satisfied with the presentations people did this year (in terms of the big three).  However, you're not seeing the massive amounts of negative attention for those companies as you are with Nintendo.  It's hard for me to say whether or not Nintendo really made a big mistake or not because so many people write off their mistakes as utterly stupid, and makes it seem like they didn't even think about  what they were doing before they did it.  I think we should all know that that's not how things work.  They may have made some bad decisions, but it certainly doesn't warrant the bashing and insulting.  The worst part about the negative press is that it's almost never objective.  I would be fine if there were at least a fair amount of positive press coming in as well.  The 3DS negative news is pretty much over, but I haven't really seen any positive press coming from the time before Mario Kart 7 and during the initial 3 months or so of its life.  The PS Vita news has been quite neutral since its release, only recently seeing some more negative attention.  

I don't see why you would think I thought there were no flaws when it's pretty much impossible to have a flawless presentation.