By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why Do U Hate Wii U (or Nintendo)??

Tagged games:

cyberninja45 said:
Most of the nintendo hate stemmed from the gaming "media" with the wii. Before when nintendo was in last place with the gamecube nobody cared to hate nintendo. As the wii became successful the hate grew the media invented terms like casual and hardcore gamers to classify nintendo and non nintendo gamers because 'nintendo is lazy and we don't care' (the real question is why would they do this).

The thing is you only see this hate for nintendo on internet forums by random users and you don't really know who they are for all intents and purposes. In real life I have never really met a gamer who hated nintendo actually quite the opposite, I would have met people who stopped playing their wii though.

I would go so far to say no noe cared to like them either, funny enough when Wii got big all of a sudden Ninty had all these fans. Where were these people when GC was around??

OT hates a strong word and their is probably a handful of people who actually hate the company or system. Dislike maybe better, im in the indifference. I was hyped for Wii U prior to e3 but after what I saw... it was all meh to me, thats not hate, thats just me not caring at this juncture.

@Chark those are all Wii related, they are valid points but doesnt really answer the Ninty question.

Around the Network
osed125 said:
o_O.Q said:

those things don't apply to other companies also?

Of course it applies to other companies, but you can't deny the articles with see most all over the internet are the Nintendo doom and gloom articles

i've been seeing many about sony because of their financial situation actually...

and also negative ones about microsoft although unrelated to their financials

Kenology said:
osed125 said:
o_O.Q said:

those things don't apply to other companies also?

Of course it applies to other companies, but you can't deny the articles with see most all over the internet are the Nintendo doom and gloom articles

I wish I had the time to really do some sore of a retrospective observational analysis to see how many doom articles we got for the PS3 vs. Wii, as well as how many doom articles we got for the 3DS (pre-price drop) vs. the PS VIta (since it's launch).  Then we could really quantify how much negative press either on gets more than the other.  Also, how many doom threads (and who started them - which would be most interesting!) on VGC.

I'm sure the results would be most revealing.

oh please, PS3 got just as much negative attention in the start as Wii did. I'll give you that in the end PS3 got alot less, but why is that?? Is it really hate for Ninty and love for SOny? i dont buy that, IMHO and i know im going to get flamed for this. SOny tried to improve their situation. PSN sucked when it came out, its in a much better place now.  WiiWare?  That service is just as crappy now as it was back when it started, hell its probably worst since VC releases are way more infrequent

o_O.Q said:
i'd respect this thread a whole lot more if it was done to apply to all companies... because believe it or not... this doesn't at all only apply to nintendo

This logic doesn't make any sense to me. If I made a thread "Why don't more people donate to homeless shelters?" would you go in there and say "I would respect this thread a lot more if it asked why people don't donate to all different sorts of charities, not just the homeless. Believe it or not, they're not the only ones who need charity."

Excuse him for deciding to make a topic on a certain point.

I don't hate Nintendo just grew out of them, Brought the wii on launch and got burned with poor 3rd party quality ports and uninspired games.

WiiU is going to be a new console with the same old games, so don't think I will pick one up until it's the price Wii is now with a good catalougue.

Around the Network
o_O.Q said:
Mr Khan said:
o_O.Q said:
i'd respect this thread a whole lot more if it was done to apply to all companies... because believe it or not... this doesn't at all only apply to nintendo

I would argue that Nintendo is in a unique place when it comes to hate, just as its in a unique place in the industry on the whole. People who hate on Sony or Microsoft tend to do so for different reasons.

For instance, the recent trend of Nintendo fans trolling Sony for copying everything (something i don't agree with or condone) seems to have a different flavor to it than the long-running flak against Nintendo.

i disagree i've seen people hate on all three companies and beyond for seemingly irrational reasons not just nintendo

No, Nintendo definitely gets a lot of hate from all angles.  3rd party devs and industry analysts really spewed a lot of Venom Nintendo's way.  Here's are a few examples here of industry trolling.

On VGC, there always the need to turn Nintendo games into flops (MH3tri, or the most recent example, DQX) and notice who always posts the negative reviews and articles related to Nintendo on the site.  It's the same folks over and over.  Nintendo gets it back in the general press and here on VGC from certain folks.

The wii was the worst console i ever owned and I own a lot. I do not dislike Nintendo at all considering I am currently playing two of their games. I just do not like the wii and Nintendo's not developing any teen-mature style games. Their lack of focus on powerful hardware compered to MS and Sony as of late just does not impress me. The Wii U is at least 5 years late to the game.

wfz said:
o_O.Q said:

This logic doesn't make any sense to me. If I made a thread "Why don't more people donate to homeless shelters?" would you go in there and say "I would respect this thread a lot more if it asked why people don't donate to all different sorts of charities, not just the homeless. Believe it or not, they're not the only ones who need charity."

excuse me for having a different opinion i suppose posts in this thread are supposed to show a certain viewpoint and nothing else

oniyide said:

oh please, PS3 got just as much negative attention in the start as Wii did. I'll give you that in the end PS3 got alot less, but why is that?? Is it really hate for Ninty and love for SOny? i dont buy that, IMHO and i know im going to get flamed for this. SOny tried to improve their situation. PSN sucked when it came out, its in a much better place now.  WiiWare?  That service is just as crappy now as it was back when it started, hell its probably worst since VC releases are way more infrequent

I don't think you're gonna get flamed.  But I do disagree that PS3 got just as much heat as the Wii.  I don't even think it was close.  PS3 only got bad press when in it's first couple of years ($599 US dollars, ports that weren't as good as the 360 version, the early Yahoo doom articles).  Wii got all of that stuff all throughout its ENTIRE lifespan.  And editors would write pieces about the Wii and would be outright trolling, it was really bad.

o_O.Q said:
wfz said:
o_O.Q said:

excuse me for having a different opinion i suppose posts in this thread are supposed to show a certain viewpoint and nothing else

I'm merely questioning the logic of your lack of respect for this thread based on the fact that the topic creator wanted to discuss a certain topic. "I don't respect this thread because the OP chose to discuss a certain aspect of an otherwise very general question" just seems... egotistical.

I guess he should have made this thread "Why do you hate any company or any product?" That would have really been a constructive thread leading to great discussion and purpose. It surely wouldn't have been too general and unproductive as a result of a lack of focus.

How dare the OP state focus in his topic!