By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why Do U Hate Wii U (or Nintendo)??

Tagged games:

Nintendo haters are generally people who would never consider buying Nintendo consoles in the first place: They don't like Nintendo's IPs, they don't want innovative ways of controlling their games and they demand the newest hardware so that the potentially lacking gameplay of their favorite IPs will be overlooked more easily. They also tend to be jealous of the people who buy Nintendo hardware and still manages to enjoy it despite the sub-par visuals, and therefore blame the whole company.

Or at least that's the only realistic explanation I can think of.



Around the Network
NintendoPie said:

Really people? Is there really a reason to push down Nintendo like they're are little toddlers? Hey, they're trying something new! That's great! Isn't that what a "Next-Gen" console is truly supposed to do? 

 

In my opinion, graphics shouldn't be the only seperating factors between Generations.


i dont hate nintendo, i actually love them... well used to. i love the nintendo 64 and its my second favorite console after the PS3 but the thing that made me stop being a fan is actually nintendo them selfs. they keep saying its all about the games yet they keep pushing out the same games over and over. nintendo's system sellers are the major Mario games, super mario bro's, mario kart, super smash bro's and zelda.... guess what these IP's have been around for about 30 years. they dont want to and probably cant make something new that would be a hit and thats why i dont like them any more. i dont wanna play the same games for ever and nothing else. and honestly when it comes to creativity i think sony has got them beat this gen (i know people will act like i just commmeneted an unforgivable sin by saying this)



I'm actually interested in the Wii U which is the first time i have been interested in Nintendo since i began gaming (other than liking Zelda: Wind Waker - the fish saying "Schmeeh" was hilarious lol).

I certainly wont be interested in Mario games or any other of their core franchises (bar perhaps Zelda) but the console and its abilities intrigue me



bananaking21 said:
NintendoPie said:

Really people? Is there really a reason to push down Nintendo like they're are little toddlers? Hey, they're trying something new! That's great! Isn't that what a "Next-Gen" console is truly supposed to do? 

 

In my opinion, graphics shouldn't be the only seperating factors between Generations.


i dont hate nintendo, i actually love them... well used to. i love the nintendo 64 and its my second favorite console after the PS3 but the thing that made me stop being a fan is actually nintendo them selfs. they keep saying its all about the games yet they keep pushing out the same games over and over. nintendo's system sellers are the major Mario games, super mario bro's, mario kart, super smash bro's and zelda.... guess what these IP's have been around for about 30 years. they dont want to and probably cant make something new that would be a hit and thats why i dont like them any more. i dont wanna play the same games for ever and nothing else. and honestly when it comes to creativity i think sony has got them beat this gen (i know people will act like i just commmeneted an unforgivable sin by saying this)


Except they have made lots of new highly successful IPs this generation, as well as other generations. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean Nintendo didn't make them.



IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
bananaking21 said:
NintendoPie said:

Really people? Is there really a reason to push down Nintendo like they're are little toddlers? Hey, they're trying something new! That's great! Isn't that what a "Next-Gen" console is truly supposed to do? 

 

In my opinion, graphics shouldn't be the only seperating factors between Generations.


i dont hate nintendo, i actually love them... well used to. i love the nintendo 64 and its my second favorite console after the PS3 but the thing that made me stop being a fan is actually nintendo them selfs. they keep saying its all about the games yet they keep pushing out the same games over and over. nintendo's system sellers are the major Mario games, super mario bro's, mario kart, super smash bro's and zelda.... guess what these IP's have been around for about 30 years. they dont want to and probably cant make something new that would be a hit and thats why i dont like them any more. i dont wanna play the same games for ever and nothing else. and honestly when it comes to creativity i think sony has got them beat this gen (i know people will act like i just commmeneted an unforgivable sin by saying this)


Except they have made lots of new highly successful IPs this generation, as well as other generations. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean Nintendo didn't make them.

yeah the Wii sports stuff and what ever, but those games are more for the casual gamers not hardcore gamers like my self, plus they arent big budget AAA games, there isnt much risk making those games and by not taking a risk the end result isnt gonna be mind blowing. when was the last time nintendo made a game that changed the industry? mario 64?



Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Except they have made lots of new highly successful IPs this generation, as well as other generations. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean Nintendo didn't make them.

yeah the Wii sports stuff and what ever, but those games are more for the casual gamers not hardcore gamers like my self, plus they arent big budget AAA games, there isnt much risk making those games and by not taking a risk the end result isnt gonna be mind blowing. when was the last time nintendo made a game that changed the industry? mario 64?


Wii Sports. A game doesn't need to be "hardcore" in order to change the industry.

I don't like Nintendo's latest IPs myself, but I don't blame them for making the most financially successful decisions. And the Wii U is now supposed to please more "hardcore gamers", as they try to expand their userbase even further. 



IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
bananaking21 said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Except they have made lots of new highly successful IPs this generation, as well as other generations. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean Nintendo didn't make them.

yeah the Wii sports stuff and what ever, but those games are more for the casual gamers not hardcore gamers like my self, plus they arent big budget AAA games, there isnt much risk making those games and by not taking a risk the end result isnt gonna be mind blowing. when was the last time nintendo made a game that changed the industry? mario 64?


Wii Sports. A game doesn't need to be "hardcore" in order to change the industry.

I don't like Nintendo's latest IPs myself, but I don't blame them for making the most financially successful decisions. And the Wii U is now supposed to please more "hardcore gamers", as they try to expand their userbase even further. 

wii sports didnt change the industry, the Wii itself did, wii sports was just the game that come along with it, yes it is fun and i do like playing it. but the Wii would have been as successful with out without Wii sports. The conecpt of motion control and the Wii changed the industry not Wii sports. yeah i dont blame them with sticking with the most financially successful games but you crap money out of them bring something new! its not like new IP's dont make money, just look at littlebigplanet, gears of war, uncharted, red dead redemption ( i know its not a new IP but nobody heard of red dead revolver before RDR so it was risky to make it) 



I'm just not a fan of their games and have no interest in the wiiu, I made the mistake of purchasing a wii, won't make it again.

Anyone think the constant viewing between screens in some wiiu titles will effect the immersion in some games?



Someone I spoke to once said "I hate Nintendo because it's all kiddy games!! Xbox do realistic games that are about real life. Why don't nintendo do that?" I replied that that was EXACTLY why I love Nintendo so much. They craft entirely new worlds in which I can escape the dramas, tragedies and intrigues of real life. Playing Mario, Kirby or Zelda games, for an all too brief couple of hours, real life ceases to exist and I am in a blissfully surreal alternate world. Nobody captures this feeling of never ending youthful naievite and innocence for me like Nintendo. Like the Disney is to children's movie, Nintendo is to video game, and possesses and shares a magical quality that no other company can replicate.

And to those who don't understand that - I pity.



bananaking21 said:

wii sports didnt change the industry, the Wii itself did, wii sports was just the game that come along with it, yes it is fun and i do like playing it. but the Wii would have been as successful with out without Wii sports. The conecpt of motion control and the Wii changed the industry not Wii sports. yeah i dont blame them with sticking with the most financially successful games but you crap money out of them bring something new! its not like new IP's dont make money, just look at littlebigplanet, gears of war, uncharted, red dead redemption ( i know its not a new IP but nobody heard of red dead revolver before RDR so it was risky to make it) 


Nintendo did produced quite a few new IPs for the Wii though: Xenoblade Chronicles, Disaster: DoC, Maboshi, Line Attack Heroes, Endless Ocean to just name a few.