By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - July 2012 NPD Thread (360=203k, PS3+Wii=211k, DS=3DS, PSV=Flatline)

Wow nice for Black Ops and 360. Also Batman!

Around the Network

Nintendo should've released Wii U last fall IMO with a 1080p version of Skyward Sword all the third party content that was out then (when Arkham City was new, Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3, etc.). I think the industry would be looking a lot healthier right now if that was the case.

They've done jack all for the Wii this year anyway. It was basically a wasted entire year for Nintendo on the console side, the only really interesting thing to launch on the platform was Dragon Quest X, and I'm sure S-E would've preferred the Wii U to be out by now so they could've launched both versions at the same time.

I think the introduction of both the DS and Wii successors has been one year late. They should have quietly internally started assigning teams to DS/Wii successor software one year in advance, they made a fortune during the Wii/DS heyday, instead of sitting on that cash pile, spend a few bucks on development and get ahead of the curve for once Nintendo.

Vita is on the brink of extinction. Poor thing. Well bad overall, but especially the ps vita.

Pokemonbrawlvg said:
BREAKING or not
Vita < 50k
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=40851934&postcount=292

Microsoft and Sony have made huge mistakes by not releasing their next gen consoles in 2012...This time next year the sales for the PS3 and 360 will be extremely low. Vita might've sold sub 10k in a week, which is disastrous.

Around the Network
man-bear-pig said:
Microsoft and Sony have made huge mistakes by not releasing their next gen consoles in 2012...This time next year the sales for the PS3 and 360 will be extremely low. Vita might've sold sub 10k in a week, which is disastrous.

Actually not... Let this console sell for a little while, give them price cuts and great AAA Games.

Let people have more money to spend and actually want to spend on a new Console, Launch Next Gen a watch sales explosion.

man-bear-pig said:
Pokemonbrawlvg said:
BREAKING or not
Vita < 50k
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=40851934&postcount=292

Oh boy...

Is it time to necro all the 'PSVita will outsell the 3DS' threads or should we give it this holiday season at least first?

Waiting this long to release new consoles after Wii U will bite them in the ass if Wii U keeps getting the support from 3rd parties.
Repeating this business model is not an option anymore.

Numbers are too depressing. I really hope 3DS is above 300k for August with NSMB 2 and the XL releasing :(

Moving... so not a lot of time

But 2 months without a single game release - yeah... 26 games at launch might not be the greatest strategy, if you think about it