By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - July 2012 NPD Thread (360=203k, PS3+Wii=211k, DS=3DS, PSV=Flatline)

Numbers are too depressing. I really hope 3DS is above 300k for August with NSMB 2 and the XL releasing :(



Around the Network

Moving... so not a lot of time

But 2 months without a single game release - yeah... 26 games at launch might not be the greatest strategy, if you think about it



Wow Max Payne 3 dropped off fast



 

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Jack Tretton on Vita sales

"In this industry, you can't get too high or too low, because it moves very quickly," says Tretton. "I think there's an acceptable number - and [the number] we've sold: That's acceptable. If it was triple that, I'd be happier. If it was one-third, I'd be disappointed."

"Anything with great rewards is going to come with great challenges," he says. "We felt if the tech was there, and the game support was there, then the audience would be there. … I feel much better about it now than I did four months ago."

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-08-10-sony-interview-jack-tretton-defends-vita-dedicated-consoles



Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Pokemonbrawlvg said:
Jack Tretton on Vita sales

"In this industry, you can't get too high or too low, because it moves very quickly," says Tretton. "I think there's an acceptable number - and [the number] we've sold: That's acceptable. If it was triple that, I'd be happier. If it was one-third, I'd be disappointed."

"Anything with great rewards is going to come with great challenges," he says. "We felt if the tech was there, and the game support was there, then the audience would be there. … I feel much better about it now than I did four months ago."

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-08-10-sony-interview-jack-tretton-defends-vita-dedicated-consoles





Around the Network
VicViper said:
Pokemonbrawlvg said:
Jack Tretton on Vita sales

"In this industry, you can't get too high or too low, because it moves very quickly," says Tretton. "I think there's an acceptable number - and [the number] we've sold: That's acceptable. If it was triple that, I'd be happier. If it was one-third, I'd be disappointed."

"Anything with great rewards is going to come with great challenges," he says. "We felt if the tech was there, and the game support was there, then the audience would be there. … I feel much better about it now than I did four months ago."

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-08-10-sony-interview-jack-tretton-defends-vita-dedicated-consoles



That's exactly what I'm hearing when I read this. After this NPD, these are not acceptable. It needs to be better.



Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

So Vita is at 47k. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=40872589&postcount=778
For reference, Vita sold 45k for the month of July in Japan.



Herolink7 said:
So Vita is at 47k. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=40872589&postcount=778
For reference, Vita sold 45k for the month of July in Japan.

3DS ~130k in USA and what in Japan? 500k? :O



Gamescom is on its way and there's definite solid news surrounding the Vita which is in time for the holidays as well as Wii U's launch. That may be what Sony's strategy to possibly spoil Wii U's launch.



I don't think vita is finished yet. Its got a good holiday lineup and rumors point to a big gamescon. But if it doesn't do well this holiday its probably sunk.



ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype