By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 10 RPG's this Gen (7th, so no 3DS/Vita)

Surprise to see TWEWY is not on a lot of lists. Hoping it's because everyone hasn't had a chance to play it yet.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Around the Network
snfr said:

1. Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
2. Tales of Vesperia (X360)
3. Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver (NDS)
4. Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PS3)
5. Mass Effect 3 (X360)
6. Mass Effect 2 (X360)
7. Deus Ex: Human Revolution (PS3)
8. Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (PSP)
9. Mass Effect (X360)
10. Lost Odyssey (X360)

ME3 could have been higher if the ending wasn't so bad (I didn't have time to play the Extended Cut DLC yet).
And yes, FFXIII is really my favourite RPG this gen :P

That's my exact top 3.

I might make a list later, can't think of enough games right now.

brendude13 said:
snfr said:

1. Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
2. Tales of Vesperia (X360)
3. Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver (NDS)

That's my exact top 3.

I might make a list later, can't think of enough games right now.

Awesome!

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

saicho said:
Surprise to see TWEWY is not on a lot of lists. Hoping it's because everyone hasn't had a chance to play it yet.

I actually really did not like playing this game, and I honestly gave it a chance because of all the good reviews.

I'm surprised not to see Infinite Space not on that many lists....

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

1) The World ends with you
2) Xenosaga
3) ES Oblivion
4) Pokemon Platinum
5) DQ IX
6) Bowser inside story
7) Lost Odyssey
8) Folklore
9) Skyrim
10) Radiant Historia

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Michael-5 said:
saicho said:

I actually really did not like playing this game, and I honestly gave it a chance because of all the good reviews.

I'm surprised not to see Infinite Space not on that many lists....

Cause no one played Infinite Space...too bad really...

Even me lol! I bought the game last month based on what I read, but probably won't play it for 6 months or so.

However I'm not a good person to look at in terms of handheld RPG's, I only recently got back into them. Only JRPG's I have beaten so far are Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Front Mission, and some other ports.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

Juma009 said:
1) The World ends with you
2) Xenosaga
3) ES Oblivion
4) Pokemon Platinum
5) DQ IX
6) Bowser inside story
7) Lost Odyssey
8) Folklore
9) Skyrim
10) Radiant Historia

Do you mean XenoBlade?

A lot of people like Bowsers Inside Story, is it any different from past Mario & Luigi RPG's? I ask because I didn't really like the older Super Mario RPG's, I feel they are watered down experiences from Super Mario RPG and Paper Mario.

Bowser's Inside Story is a mighty fine game, if a touch easy. It's different, because half of the game is spent playing as Bowser, and half as the Bros. When playing as Bowser, you can switch from the 3D overworld to the 2D world of Bowser's Body to complete 'dungeons', or to increase his strength by doing minigames to overcome challenges.

The battle system is cool, and rhythm-orientated. As I say, it's damn good, as is the music, but it's also quite easy.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Is Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon any good? I think I might get that. I've never played any Fire Emblem games before.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Conegamer said:
Bowser's Inside Story is a mighty fine game, if a touch easy. It's different, because half of the game is spent playing as Bowser, and half as the Bros. When playing as Bowser, you can switch from the 3D overworld to the 2D world of Bowser's Body to complete 'dungeons', or to increase his strength by doing minigames to overcome challenges.

The battle system is cool, and rhythm-orientated. As I say, it's damn good, as is the music, but it's also quite easy.

So is it noticably better then the other Mario & Luigi games?