By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 10 RPG's this Gen (7th, so no 3DS/Vita)

I really haven't played that many JRPG's this gen, especially compared to last gen. So I've only really got two to put:

= 1. Valkyria Chronicles

= 1. Xenoblade Chronicles

I didn't enjoy FF XIII or Enchanted Arms enough to put them on a list of 'best', really.

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
I really haven't played that many JRPG's this gen, especially compared to last gen. So I've only really got two to put:

= 1. Valkyria Chronicles

I didn't enjoy FF XIII or Enchanted Arms enough to put them on a list of 'best', really.

You're not limited to put down JRPG's for this list. Many people here include Mass Effect and FallOut.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

for me:
nier
eternal sonata

dragon's dogma
resonance of fate
dungeon siege3
dragon age
dragon age 2
venetica

1. Fallout 3 (Xbox 360)
2. Xenoblade (Wii)
3. Tales of Vesperia (Xbox 360)
4. Dragon Age: Origins (PC - the far superior way to play this game)
5. Skyrim (Xbox 360)
6. Oblivion (Xbox 360)
7. Borderlands (PC)
8. Dark Souls (360, would probably be much higher on this list if the difficulty didn't drive me nuts)
9. Fallout: New Vegas (360)
10. Pokemon Diamond (DS)

Michael-5 said:
Kresnik said:

= 1. Valkyria Chronicles

You're not limited to put down JRPG's for this list. Many people here include Mass Effect and FallOut.

Haha, I know, but thanks for pointing that out :P

I don't really like WRPG's so I don't play them at all, or if I do it's only fleetingly with a friend's copy.

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:

What are your top 10 favorite RPG's this gen? Can be Western or Japanese, and on 360, PS3, Wii, DS, and/or PSP.

Mine are:

1. Chrono Trigger (DS)
2. Mass Effect 2 (360)
3. Lost Odyssey (360)
4. Pokemon Black/White (DS)
5. XenoBlade Chronicles (Wii)
6. Valkyria Chronicles (PS3)
7. Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (DS)
8. FallOut 3 (PS360)
9. Too Human (360)
10, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver (DS)

However I think Mass Effect 3, Radiant Historia, and Tales of Vesperia (among other JRPG's I have yet to beat) will enter the list in the future. I'm so behind on my RPG's.

That was kind of weird.

You asked for games from the 6th generation and you top your list witha  port from a SNES game. Doesnt really make sense, the game wasnt created on the 6th gen. Even the DS version is a port of the Psone version + touch screen controls.

10:

9:

8:

7:

6:

5:

4:

3:

2:

1:

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Nem said:
Michael-5 said:

What are your top 10 favorite RPG's this gen? Can be Western or Japanese, and on 360, PS3, Wii, DS, and/or PSP.

Mine are:

1. Chrono Trigger (DS)
2. Mass Effect 2 (360)
3. Lost Odyssey (360)
8. FallOut 3 (PS360)
9. Too Human (360)

However I think Mass Effect 3, Radiant Historia, and Tales of Vesperia (among other JRPG's I have yet to beat) will enter the list in the future. I'm so behind on my RPG's.

That was kind of weird.

You asked for games from the 6th generation and you top your list witha  port from a SNES game. Doesnt really make sense, the game wasnt created on the 6th gen. Even the DS version is a port of the Psone version + touch screen controls.

But it's still a DS game, which is 7th gen. May be a port, but still damn good. Fire Emblem is also a remake of a Japan only title

If I had to give a list excluding ports I would add

11. Tales of Vesperia (360) - in process of beating
12. Radiant Historia (DS)- in process of beating

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

Michael-5 said:
Nem said:
Michael-5 said:

Mine are:

1. Chrono Trigger (DS)
2. Mass Effect 2 (360)
3. Lost Odyssey (360)
8. FallOut 3 (PS360)
9. Too Human (360)

That was kind of weird.

But it's still a DS game, which is 7th gen. May be a port, but still damn good. Fire Emblem is also a remake of a Japan only title

Fire emblem for the DS was a full on remake, not a port indeed. But chrono trigger really is a port, even if its a really great game. It just wasnt recreated this gen. Otherwise we would have to consider things like Phantasy star 2 that came out this gen for the Xbox360 (xbox live) for example. It gets a bit silly.

Nem said:
Michael-5 said:

Fire emblem for the DS was a full on remake, not a port indeed. But chrono trigger really is a port, even if its a really great game. It just wasnt recreated this gen. Otherwise we would have to consider things like Phantasy star 2 that came out this gen for the Xbox360 (xbox live) for example. It gets a bit silly.

That's true, I guess because there is a hardcopy I made an exception.

Also with games like Fire Emblem: Sdhadow Dragon and Final Fantasy 3. I wouldn't count them because they are remakes, but because they are remakes of games that were never before localized outside of Japan. So to gamers like me, they are brand new experiences.