By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 10 RPG's this Gen (7th, so no 3DS/Vita)

What are your top 10 favorite RPG's this gen? Can be Western or Japanese, and on 360, PS3, Wii, DS, and/or PSP.

Mine are:

1. Chrono Trigger (DS)
2. Mass Effect 2 (360)
3. Lost Odyssey (360)
4. Pokemon Black/White (DS)
5. XenoBlade Chronicles (Wii)
6. Valkyria Chronicles (PS3)
7. Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (DS)
8. FallOut 3 (PS360)
9. Too Human (360)
10, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver (DS)

However I think Mass Effect 3, Radiant Historia, and Tales of Vesperia (among other JRPG's I have yet to beat) will enter the list in the future. I'm so behind on my RPG's.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network

Xenoblade is 5 places too far down your list. Otherwise, it's very similar to mine.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

I don't know if I would count Chrono Trigger since technically it's not this gen.

But Radiant Historia should go on your list once you finish it, it's a really good game

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

1.) Mass Effect 3 + Extendet cut

2.) Mass Effect 2 with gameplay DLC

3.) Mass Effect

4.) Dragon Age II

5.) The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

6.) Dragon Age: Origins

7.) Dragon Age: Awakening

8.) Final Fantasy XIII

9.) Xenoblade Chronicles

10.) Borderlands

I supposse you don´t count Deus Ex and Batman as RPG´s

Well, this generation, there were three main Pokemon games (DPP, HGSS, BW), two Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games (Blue, Time/Darkness/Sky) , a Dragon Quest (DQIX), three DQ remakes (DQIV, DQV, DQVI) and we can throw Chrono Trigger there to complete 10. I only like very backward, old-school JRPGs, really. In fact, even Chrono Trigger was too "active" for me, what with the non-turn-based battle system.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Around the Network

add
Arc rise fantasia
Last story
Etrian odyssey

I feel demon's souls and dark souls have a spot in this.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

1 - 

2 -

3 -

4 -

5 -

6 -

7 -

8 -

9 -

10 -

I still have to play Ninokuni and Somabringer - you know how - those might enter the top 10

wow
those are some amazing pics

Conegamer said:
Xenoblade is 5 places too far down your list. Otherwise, it's very similar to mine.

I thought that between the first 10 hours and the last 10 hours, there was too much walking around and pointless battles. Not much Story progression. Had this been a more compact 40 hou game, it would have gone up higher. I really loved.....well all the events after reaching the head of Machonis. (Spoiler free).

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results